PDA

View Full Version : Canceled preorder

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 05:09 PM
First off I do enjoy the game, I just find there isn't really much to it. Most premium titles I get hours on end of play out of it. With this game it's the same thing over and over and in tired of it after an hour. Idk maybe this one just seems worse for repetitiveness for me. Even if you add a game mode or two it's still the same old thing.

DemeDesu
02-10-2017, 05:13 PM
you know it's just the beta currently right? there still is a campaign there when the game is fully released

davedxd
02-10-2017, 05:24 PM
maybe the game is just not right for u..

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Yea I'm thinking it's just not a game for me. The campaign, I gaurentee I can finish in a day or two, might as well just rent it if that's what the saving feature is.

Banicks
02-10-2017, 05:29 PM
you know it's just the beta currently right? there still is a campaign there when the game is fully released

Let's be honest though, we've all played the campaign against AI in MP. The difference is simply cut-scenes.

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 05:30 PM
It's stating your opinion, the title of the post explains what the post is about. Wtf do you put on the title, baking cookies when your post is about warlord or something? It's not ment to give it more weight, it's ment to say what the post is about then you give reasons genius.

Gnarxly
02-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Lol at the people going "But it's beta". 4 days to release and about 4 months of polishing game to be ready for release. Not even talking about new content.

MrOrochi
02-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Help me, please!
How can I cancel my preorder or refund the game?

I bought through Steam, but it wont refund me...

I don't like the game, because the Mouse+Keyboard controls are horrible and keep losing because of it... my pc runs this game at extreme graphics :P

Tillo.
02-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Thought you were cancelling because you didn't like it or you were having connectivity problems...How about you use a controller?

MrOrochi
02-10-2017, 05:44 PM
I didn't use a controller in ages... it would take me at least 2 weeks to keep up with the players skill.
And 2 weeks of losing and not having fun don't sound so good.

P.S.:
I managed to request a refund.

Noellessa2016
02-10-2017, 05:48 PM
I think this game should be taken in the same way Overwatch (and maybe Destiny) is -- something that people play who find fun in playing against others and increasing their skills with various classes/heroes. I wouldn't think of it as a game like Nioh or something where there's a beginning and end, or something that isn't going to get repetitive, since repetition is that nature of these 'get into a match and play vs. others' over and over again. Surely Overwatch and this would get boring if you're looking for something more than to get better/have fun playing vs. others, but for those who enjoy those types of games, the repetition is something that, to me, doesn't really exist as all enemies are different, will respond different depending on their skill and familiarity with their hero, and so there's a lot of room for dynamic gameplay as things can change so quickly each match. That's just how I see it, though, and I respect the OP's opinion of it becoming dull quickly.

Bocadolobo
02-10-2017, 06:16 PM
I was really looking forward to this, but after playing the beta, I doubt I will buy it.
It is by far the most repitative game I ever saw. Insaly boring after 2 hours. Sad but true.

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 06:32 PM
There isn't much to it, anyone who says there is a lot to this game is not being honest. However, that doesn't make it bad.
You either enjoy it for what it is, or you don't.

Rainbowsix876
02-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Idd

Soleriver
02-10-2017, 07:16 PM
God,why are you all bitc***g about the game. Its not like you'll do something good with any of that,
And even if some of you say that there is nothing more to the game, thats totally wrong.
The game has like, so much room for growth, the fights are fun, there will be a campaign with
a whole story and even if the bots right now are all the same, bots are improvable.
All the current issues are also solvable, while it may take some time, they are solvable.
And, why do you need to buy it right now, why can't you wait until the full release and then
say something about the game, when its not in the OPEN BETA (that hasn't even started fully).

Tillo.
02-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Purpose of alpha & beta is to test the game. Devs get feedback from both data and potential customers, and is a powerful marketing tool.
Open beta has so many connectivity problems so close to official launch that we are all suspicious about it.

RatedChaotic
02-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Even tho it will be like those repetitive mp fps games. I still find it good enough to buy. It will definately take the place of Mortal Kombat when I feel the need to play a fighting game. My son and I love fighting each other in this game alot more than most games out there. It is just the beta after all.

IFa3rl
02-10-2017, 07:56 PM
I love how you can tell all the unintelligent people lying to themselves and others in extreme defense of the game.

I like the game a lot, and probably will buy it....but there honestly is not going to be much content at launch. What a lot of people are saying in this thread is true IMO. If you like the competitive mind games then there will likely be a lot of replayability for you.

If you're looking for this huge diverse game, look elsewhere.

I honestly don't believe the game warrants the $60 price tag, but ubisoft and other AAA companies habitually sell less for more.

I think a lot of the people lying to themselves about the imaginary plethora of content will be extremely disappointed. All my opinion of course, but all one really has to do is look at Steep and other similar games. I like the competitive nature of this game, and that brings replayability for me. I do hope over time the game increases in complexity.

Rex_Smashington
02-10-2017, 07:58 PM
First off I do enjoy the game, I just find there isn't really much to it. Most premium titles I get hours on end of play out of it. With this game it's the same thing over and over and in tired of it after an hour. Idk maybe this one just seems worse for repetitiveness for me. Even if you add a game mode or two it's still the same old thing.

My response to this would be to cite Counterstrike... It's been the same game for around 20 years now. They've only really added arms race as far as additional modes. Still top 3 most played Steam game consistently.

If you have solid competitive gameplay you don't need bells and whistles. Which For Honor has. Most people haven't found their groove yet and are complaining about cheese and crap that will only work against casuals like spamming the same move over and over.

This game will be around for a long time for sure.

Rex_Smashington
02-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I love how you can tell all the unintelligent people lying to themselves and others in extreme defense of the game.

I like the game a lot, and probably will buy it....but there honestly is not going to be much content at launch. What a lot of people are saying in this thread is true IMO. If you like the competitive mind games then there will likely be a lot of replayability for you.

I honestly don't believe the game warrants the $60 price tag, but ubisoft and other AAA companies habitually sell less for more.

I think a lot of the people lying to themselves about the imaginary plethora of content will be extremely disappointed. All my opinion of course, but all one really has to do is look at Steep and other similar games. I like the competitive nature of this game, and that brings replayability for me. I do hope over time the game increases in complexity.

Were you aware there is a full single player story campaign that you can play co-op with your friends? It's not just a competitive multiplayer game.

The_Quieter
02-10-2017, 08:03 PM

The campaign is what it is in most online pvp focused game, a short and potentially interest exercise that will take you no time at all to get through.

IFa3rl
02-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Were you aware there is a full single player story campaign that you can play co-op with your friends? It's not just a competitive multiplayer game.

Yes, I am aware...lol.

I believe you are deceived if you think the single player is going to be like real single player games.

RatedChaotic
02-10-2017, 08:08 PM

What you find is not worth 60 bucks...others may..In my opinion if it can keep me from the bar for one night its well worth 60 bucks. I tend to spend 100s in one night at the bar.

IFa3rl
02-10-2017, 08:11 PM
What you find is not worth 60 bucks...others may..In my opinion if it can keep me from the bar for one night its well worth 60 bucks. I tend to spend 100s in one night at the bar.

Right. But I'm more comparing it to what other games give me for a $60 price tag, not comparing it to the bar. We as gamers all know that the real world is far more expensive than kicking back at home with a good game and some good brew :)

Tickle_Me_Pink
02-10-2017, 08:15 PM
victory feels good. victory against a skilled opponent feels better. if you're succeeding and improving(and... you know... able to play without interruptions), you're enjoying the game. if you see mixups and mindgames as repetitive, i suggest you never play a competitive fighting game. For Honor is every bit as deep as street fighter or Mortal Kombat as far as nuance goes.

You also named 2 games that blow and are old as the hills and you put this game in their era, lmfao. Don't get me wrong this game belongs in that era.

RatedChaotic
02-10-2017, 08:16 PM
No matter how you word it your paying for entertainment. Whether its going out to a bar, movies , or video games. Your paying to be entertained.

Tickle_Me_Pink
02-10-2017, 08:17 PM
I think this game should be taken in the same way Overwatch (and maybe Destiny) is -- something that people play who find fun in playing against others and increasing their skills with various classes/heroes. I wouldn't think of it as a game like Nioh or something where there's a beginning and end, or something that isn't going to get repetitive, since repetition is that nature of these 'get into a match and play vs. others' over and over again. Surely Overwatch and this would get boring if you're looking for something more than to get better/have fun playing vs. others, but for those who enjoy those types of games, the repetition is something that, to me, doesn't really exist as all enemies are different, will respond different depending on their skill and familiarity with their hero, and so there's a lot of room for dynamic gameplay as things can change so quickly each match. That's just how I see it, though, and I respect the OP's opinion of it becoming dull quickly.

Overwatch is better than this game.

IFa3rl
02-10-2017, 08:19 PM
No matter how you word it paying for entertainment is paying for entertainment...Whether it is real life entertainment or digital.

Now you're just not getting my point. Move along.