PDA

View Full Version : Conquerer Needs new attacks

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 04:45 PM
This class is just plain boring to play. You pretty much have 3 attacks. Light chain, heavy followed by shield bash and the charging shield bash which really isn't even an attack.

Can you win with them, sure, but this class gets old so fast it's not even worth playing.

MoonEyes2k
02-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Interesting. I count 6, at least, with a number of variations.

Conscripts Attrition, Final Argument, Reapers Crush, Shield Bash, Mix Up, which works marvelously with a charge-up, as do the Reapers Crush, Riposte...
And then there is the counter-attack ability of heavy attacks, and of course Zone attack...and charging can be done in two levels, so there's even more variation.
Adding the Shield Basher passive feat...well...

But I guess it's more that it isn't all shiny and flashy and COOL...right? It's a methodical, defense-oriented class, perfect for defending and adding those extra points, rather than running around like a scalded rat. Much more fun to be the goal-maker at the top, throwing flashy bicicletas kicks into goal...than the plodding, steady goalkeeper. Guess which one wins you the match.

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Wins me the match is the one that kills. Generally don't play domination, that game mode is just terrible. When you say he has all these different attacks most are the same thing. Hold R2, R1 in different directions, R1 R1 R2. R2 R2. Yea you can chain a R2 shield bash then one more attack, but it's the same old repetitive **** over and over. I play the game for fun, this class just isn't fun to play.

Banicks
02-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Interesting. I count 6, at least, with a number of variations.

Conscripts Attrition, Final Argument, Reapers Crush, Shield Bash, Mix Up, which works marvelously with a charge-up, as do the Reapers Crush, Riposte...
And then there is the counter-attack ability of heavy attacks, and of course Zone attack...and charging can be done in two levels, so there's even more variation.
Adding the Shield Basher passive feat...well...

But I guess it's more that it isn't all shiny and flashy and COOL...right? It's a methodical, defense-oriented class, perfect for defending and adding those extra points, rather than running around like a scalded rat. Much more fun to be the goal-maker at the top, throwing flashy bicicletas kicks into goal...than the plodding, steady goalkeeper. Guess which one wins you the match.

A predictable player is a dead one.

Once players learn how to counter the limited starting chains Conq has, you're doing what I'm doing. Trading shield counters, going one for ones, light attacks after a block, and when one or the other makes a mistake, a bigger hit can be made.

Offense dictate the game. Latency determines how well you can defend, so thanks to P2P, defensive heros are already behind the eight ball.

Funeragon
02-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Defensive heroes are the best right now :)

PathlessMoss
02-10-2017, 05:41 PM
I personally love the Conqueror. I studied all the charecters and actually chose him BECAUSE he has such a defensive play style. Yes you can be predictable with a conquerer but to I'm normally able to adapt when they get used to my patterns and still win.

Conqueror is not for everyone. Sounds like you may want to try a different charecter if his playstyle is not to your liking.