PDA

View Full Version : How to counter a guard break (timing)?

O2357
02-10-2017, 09:34 AM
How do you counter a guard break? (Concerning PC with Xbox controller with button "X")

Do you have to keep it pressed?
Do you have to spam that button while the red shield symbol is upon you?
Is it sufficient to press it once at any point of time while the red shield symbol is upon you?
Is it meant not to work all the time?

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 09:44 AM
It works all the time with only one press. It's just the animation of the character your fighting that you learn to watch for. If it shows the guard break animation, your already to late.

Wylzster
02-10-2017, 09:56 AM
It was so much easier in closed beta I would generally just hit square when I seen him come in for the guard break with my quick reflexes but now I can't even counter any it all seems so much clunky now..

NumexNumisma
02-10-2017, 10:13 AM
...confused me, too...

apparently the moment to push the guard break counter button is just as first contact is made, not when the shield symbol flashes... try that out...

cheers

PendragonArtura
02-10-2017, 10:34 AM
I found out, I have to wait a little before counter a guard break. If you click too fast, it don't work.
There is a shield icone on the adversary meaning he start breaking your guard
When this icone appear also on you, you have to press the guard break too, not before

O2357
02-10-2017, 10:42 AM
apparently the moment to push the guard break counter button is just as first contact is made, not when the shield symbol flashes... try that out...

There is a shield icone on the adversary meaning he start breaking your guard
When this icone appear also on you, you have to press the guard break too, not before

So how to counter? With the red shield icon on myself or before this icon on myself?

PendragonArtura
02-10-2017, 10:47 AM
When he appear on your character, you press X or the key you use for a guard break, and it work.

You should try the Advanced tutorial. The first tuto is about breaking a guard break.

Me2gud4U
02-10-2017, 10:52 AM
guard break and guard break throw is 2 separate actions.[x for breaking guard and then x for throw]

I usually don't follow up a guard break with a throw[x again after breaking enemy's guard]

but if there is no lag you should be able to break the enemy's throw then your character's touched.

in the how to play section and advanced practice you can practice breaking throws