PDA

View Full Version : Closed vs open...

SIR_HUTCHY
02-10-2017, 07:36 AM
Not sure if anyone else had noticed but the gameplay feels different...

The reach on most weapons is unreal.

Damage from Vikings is not right.

DrExtrem
02-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Indeed. Something is terribly wrong in the state of Denmark.

The gameplay in general feels off. Parrying is not working properly and the feeling is very different. The bots are acting strange as well.

Overall, the closed beta was more fun, with lesser wtf-moments, better gameplay and less errors.

YutoJW
02-10-2017, 07:48 AM
I didn't feel that much different, for me it's seems movement are a bit faster. I had problem with the Nobushi (too much damage the poison, I mean like a heavy hit, but the real problem in my opinion, it's too easy to trigger it cause you need just one hit) Peacekeeper, in the close beta one heavy hit wasn't that dangerous, now it strike like a warden.
Anyway just impressions I don't have real data

KisskerVenwrath
02-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Ubisoft broke it.

~parry now seems wrongly timed
~deflects seem to not work, and, the 1 time I got one, did less damage than expected (with a CB: Orochi gear level 40+ I have a few hours into him)
~every attack seems to stagger and stun
~more "lag slide" teleport moves being used in repeat
~more players resorting to "cheesy mechanics" over using skills

The game is going downhill fast at this rate.

Ryumanjisen
02-10-2017, 08:59 AM
The only difference I've seen so far is that finding a game takes way more time than in the closed beta.

Other than that, it's still the same: I don't have any problemas parrying, deflecting or playing footsies.

wefal
02-10-2017, 09:03 AM
More like "For Greed and Bling Bling!"

AndreasZ94
02-10-2017, 09:26 AM
The closed beta was such a success but this open beta is a disaster so far. If they don't fix these issues before the open beta ends i think they are gonna loose a lot of sales

EothK
02-10-2017, 09:55 AM
I have to agree something is changed but can't put my finger on it what it is.

In closed Beta I had a good handle on almost all classes with my 2 mains, Beserker and Warlord. Now.... Beserker get's smoked by just about everyone. I don't think I can get that bad in just 2 weeks?
My Warlord does fine, but he doesn't rely on parry/deflecting that much. Also in Dominion I am still killing it as Beserker, it's the Duels/Brawls I get roasted. Especially by Orochi, and it seems it has to do with timing / response moment to his attacks that seems off.

Also I will still say No Dedicated Servers is the biggest problem of this game. The lag, disconnects etc seem worse than CB. Still haven't bought the game. In esence I love the game, the idea, the concept. But every OMG moment get's tainted by a WTF as well. So still not decided on this game.

DrExtrem
02-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Ubisoft broke it.

~parry now seems wrongly timed
~deflects seem to not work, and, the 1 time I got one, did less damage than expected (with a CB: Orochi gear level 40+ I have a few hours into him)
~every attack seems to stagger and stun
~more "lag slide" teleport moves being used in repeat
~more players resorting to "cheesy mechanics" over using skills

The game is going downhill fast at this rate.

The last one is either desperation or taking advantage off the strange timing windows. Often, frames are either missing or animations are way shorter - even when I play against bots. The stagger has become really annoying - especially, if you are staggered by combos, you could not parry. In this case, you can lay your controller down anf watch your hero get beaten to pulp.

Arnaldo27
02-10-2017, 01:08 PM
What? Guys the game is exactly the same. Just see some gameplays on youtube/tiwch and compare. Nothing has changed.

The only different is the average players skill is now better.

Waynedetta40k
02-10-2017, 01:12 PM
I went into the beta and I felt I lost all the skills I learned during CB.
For me it felt like i had to relearn parrying dodging.
I was not really good at it in the end of CB but atleast I could dodge and parry some hits at the beginning of open beta I could not do ****^^
Slowly getting a hang of it again.

DrExtrem
02-10-2017, 01:13 PM
What? Guys the game is exactly the same. Just see some gameplays on youtube/tiwch and compare. Nothing has changed.

The only different is the average players skill is now better.

Nope. I played the closed beta as well and I mostly play against bots. Even if I take into account, that I did not play the game for two weeks, input lag, animation errors, parrys not working and bots, who suddenly can't find the right attack distance, are not effected by player skill.

Arnaldo27
02-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Nope. I played the closed beta as well and I mostly play against bots. Even if I take into account, that I did not play the game for two weeks, input lag, animation errors, parrys not working and bots, who suddenly can't find the right attack distance, are not effected by player skill.

Ok, watch these videos and find differences because I can't find anything.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120814092

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 02:26 PM
I think it just fees like this when you encounter someone of a different skill level.
I had a couple of 'WTF what has happened here?!' moments yesterday but then I met some other people playing that same class who I beat the crap out of in seconds.
I think it's what we call 'getting owned'
It happens, it doesn't mean the game is broken

MoonEyes2k
02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Ubisoft broke it.

While I might agree that things are DIFFERENT now...that's the general idea of a beta. To find things that needs to be changed. Since the game isn't OUT yet...and this is STILL a beta, which means things can STILL end up changed? No. Ubi didn't break it. They FIXED it.

If the game had been out, and they'd made massive changes without any prior warning? You MIGHT'VE had an argument. As it is? No.

Altair_Snake
02-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Is this a troll thread?

Revolucifon
02-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Hello All, Hello Developers !

I felt yesterday when i started to play the game, exactly the same ! I did play the CBT as well and it was much more fun !

- block timing wrong and not visible
- parry timing wrong and not visible
- canceling blockbreakers does not work online as a Peacemaker
- Blockbreaker spamming without loosing stamina or able to cancel
- biiig laggs
- not possible to join matches
- non stop match searching without suucceed
- if match found you play against Elite players as you are lvl 1-10
etc.

If this is a Open BETA than it is OK... But the release of the FOR HONOR is next week !
:mad:
@Developers
Are you really sure to be able fix all those problems untill next week ?

DrExtrem
02-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Ok, watch these videos and find differences because I can't find anything.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120814092

Because you can see what abd when the player is pressing a button. Couch-coach.