PDA

View Full Version : Going to ask for a refund if this NAT Issue Can't be Solved

AnimatedJester
02-10-2017, 06:00 AM
Every time I try to log in to the game it gives me a strict NAT and keeps me from joining any matches with players. If I join a group with a friend, then my NAT opens and will stay open until i close the game. If come launch day I cannot connect to people on my own without having to rely on friends to open it initially, then Ubisoft so gonna lose yet another person from this game.

twohi
02-10-2017, 06:04 AM
It's already lost half it's player base today im betting.

BulletSpeak
02-10-2017, 06:05 AM
It's already lost half it's player base today im betting.

Should. Just the base design of the game is terrible.

It's only going to appeal to a very tiny group of people which is a shame because I saw so much potential in this and it lost me within 30 minutes.

Jhonbanting
02-10-2017, 06:19 AM
can someone tells me, when NAT affect the ingame? i mean the battle would be irresponsible due to high ping? or just mere unable to join any game?

Bobola
02-10-2017, 07:06 AM
I'm tired of defending Ubisoft. It seems like the company is devoted to releasing games with glaring issues. Great ideas, poor execution. It seems like such a trivial issue since none of other AAA games have this kind of problems. I hope this will be solved before release day, but I wouldn't bet money on it. Shame.

Sanctus_9
02-10-2017, 07:15 AM
Change your NAT type to open. You will be able to host games, connect to anyone, connect to more games more easily, have less lag, and won't be kicked. All you have to do is go into your router settings.

It's not game "giving" you a strict NAT, it's your router settings. It changes to open when you're with your friend because otherwise you wouldnt be able to connect to the same games. I never have a problem with connection or finding a game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=165136021

YutoJW
02-10-2017, 07:39 AM
I had the same problem when I was playing destiny, try to fix for your console options and settings.
i checked that and I changed my internet contract to a better one, and al problems gone

KisskerVenwrath
02-10-2017, 08:24 AM
the game worked better in closed beta than it does now, it feels the entire combat mechanics have been changed, and no one is liking them.

DJ_Pauly_D
02-10-2017, 08:46 AM
This has been a problem since closed beta and clearly they either don't know what's causing it, they don't care, or they're implementing it into the final release build.

Krucifixt
02-10-2017, 08:50 AM
To be fair Im getting this issue too in this game, yet R6Siege it shows as open.. so something is still off lol

wefal
02-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Change your NAT type to open. You will be able to host games, connect to anyone, connect to more games more easily, have less lag, and won't be kicked. All you have to do is go into your router settings.

It's not game "giving" you a strict NAT, it's your router settings. It changes to open when you're with your friend because otherwise you wouldnt be able to connect to the same games. I never have a problem with connection or finding a game.

I dont understand why ONLY For Honor has this problem and not other online games? And what should I do if I use Wi-Fi for internet?

AndreasZ94
02-10-2017, 09:23 AM
I dont understand why ONLY For Honor has this problem and not other online games? And what should I do if I use Wi-Fi for internet?
Exactly! I have strict NAT for years and never had these issues with other games. Something is messed up with FH matchmaking system

Bobola
02-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Not only with For Honor. People have issues with NAT in RS Siege, The Crew, Assassins Creed and other Ubisoft games. The worst part of all this are people tellng others to open ports, reconfigure routers etc. You shouldn't have to pay 60$ for a game and then worry about all this sh*t! Other games by other developers don't have these issues and there is no reason why people shouldn't expect the same from Ubisoft. Forwarding ports is not serious answer to the question. Your not doing yourself any favours be putting responsibility for fixing that on players (like you). It's on Ubisoft and they should handle this crap. meanwhile they don't even bother to inform many players with this issues will they address it properly or if they don't give a sh*t and we should worry about that on our own.

YutoJW
02-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Actually also Destiny had the same problem so it's not only for honor

wefal
02-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Fine. Then Ubisoft games in general, which is even worse.

DBLxxShotz
02-10-2017, 11:03 AM
so i cant play this game offline. Nat issues and p2p. Why am i buying this? Oh wait, i cancelled my preorder. Im relieved.

sayi50
02-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Yeah. As much as I love the game, do cancel your preorders and wait until the word comes out about this being fixed.

ZuivrZilvr
02-10-2017, 11:18 AM
I am also on the edge... The game is so awesome but these issues are more problematic than I thought. I simply can't change my NAT due to how internet is set up in my building. I was so hyped, don't know what I am going to do now :(

EDIT: Solved it anyway! I am super happy all is working perfectly and without lag :D

XtimoX05
02-10-2017, 11:50 AM
60$ For multiplayer game and i have to tamper with my router to play with friends becuse ubisoft are too ******ed to do normal dedicated server? Fck no.
Gj ubisoft p2p in 2017 you are fcking yourself more and more

Nicowaty
02-10-2017, 11:55 AM
I cant even play with my friends. Fck this im out.

Gordiac
02-10-2017, 12:11 PM

So what if i say I have F..... OPEN NAT TYPE....

And can't join this f.... f... f... game ?!

Every single time UBISOFT Every F... Single time you f.... up...

Best games Best graphics Best screnio...... with UBISOFT = TRASH..

I'm sick of it.. If they'r not gonna fix it untill the game release i'll ask for refund and will never ever ever buy UBI games anymore...

lPlatinumz
02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
This is one of the reasons p2p is a bad design. Not everyone is tech savy to know how to change router settings to open NAT. Some people are unable to access routers they connect to if they are on a local network they have no control over.

Its been said many times that p2p will kill off the player base.

ausknipsr
02-10-2017, 12:30 PM
"i have no idea what NAT is, but i clearly cant be my fault because everyone says ubi is stupid. also, p2p is the reincarnation of satan. pls giev refund."

gotta love those guys.

Nikaa47
02-10-2017, 12:34 PM
I solved the problems by opening UDP 3075 and 6015. The curious thing is im playing since tech alpha 1 and never had this issues but now i had to open the ports to be able to finish a game session.

sayi50
02-10-2017, 12:57 PM
I also have Open NAT for the game but today, I never managed to finish a Dominion match. Always getting disconnected. I can play 1v1 fine though. It seems like their "P2P but not P2P" system has issues with handling multiple opponents when the P2P cannot handle the players. Hopefully they will figure this out before release but that's a doubtful wish. I am expecting a week one patch or something.

Altair_Snake
02-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Also Open NAT, here, but can barely find a match. I wonder if this has to do with their new lower tolerance for latency rule. But I think it would be weird for it to affect the matchmaking itself. I actually approve of games crashing entirely if they get too laggy... or laggy players being kicked. But it doesn't seem reasonable that matchmaking is so damn hard now. I don't think the lack of people with good connections is that bad. There must be something else going on.

SpazzticZeal
02-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Should. Just the base design of the game is terrible.

It's only going to appeal to a very tiny group of people which is a shame because I saw so much potential in this and it lost me within 30 minutes.

Your posts are complete nonsense and offbase. Acting like you can predict what the number of players will be. Just because you refuse to practice and play more than THIRTY MINUTES and think you know the game doesn;t give you the right to spout nonsense. Git Gud NOOB

Tillo.
02-10-2017, 03:30 PM
P2P "simulation" thingy has proven to be awful in this open beta. Fix it.

Defenestrator_.
02-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Here's an idea UBI: Instead of creating an utter wreck of a system that depends on the userbase going full ham on their network and router settings, maybe you should focus on fixing the actual system, so that people can connect and play the game? As in admitting your are responsible for creating the issue, not the clients. Oh wait, it's UBI i am dealing with.

Sad to see yet another good game sunk by your company.

Meksikinietis
02-10-2017, 03:45 PM
For me is everythink is OK!... cancel your preordes... to much non brain playing this game ;) Good luck play your no logic games like cs go

Claus_DK
02-10-2017, 04:05 PM
So do some port forwarding. Go to your Default gateway ip adress and open the ports. Ez gg.

Tillo.
02-10-2017, 04:16 PM
That's not the issue Claus. My NAT is open, green and I still have issues with long waits to matchmake, getting disconnected, long pauses while host migration, pauses everytime someone joins or leaves a game it's annoying. P2P "simulation" as everybody predicted is not working.

JoePaternoKnows
02-10-2017, 04:21 PM
There are different ports each games server are using. R6:S uses separate ports from For Honor. You have to enable port forwarding in your router and allow the specific ports through your firewall so the NAT type changes to open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89fIKm3qF0

You can find which ports For Honor is using and use that video for those ports. I have an open NAT because I have allowed Ubisofts server ports through my routers firewall.

Defenestrator_.
02-10-2017, 04:21 PM
For me is everythink is OK!... cancel your preordes... to much non brain playing this game ;) Good luck play your no logic games like cs go

Oh yes, i forgot that because everythink is ok for you, everythink must be ok for everyone else. Just like you don't have any broken legs, so nobody in the hospital can have them either. They just need to l2p. The NAT issue is a problem, maybe not for you, but for many people. Good luck with your cognition in the future.

davedxd
02-10-2017, 04:33 PM
opening all the required ports from ubi thread made my nat go red and not find any matches either..

Tillo.
02-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Hahaha mods closing threads and telling us to contact support to configure our routers instead of facing the problem.
Bugisoft did it again.

coolbord9
02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
opening all the required ports from ubi thread made my nat go red and not find any matches either..

In previous tests their list was wrong.

Rainbowsix876
02-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Best network ever. Can't even play 1v1. GG

Linkerino
02-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Stop with the port forwarding bs! Using me as an example: closed beta was fine and open beta is fooked AND my bloody NAT is OPEN. That is not the problem. A lot of people with open ports, green NAT is having issues. A LOT of people. There is no excuse, is a Ubisoft error and we can only hope they fix this fast.

LC_Knxwledge
02-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Their network solution is pure gold.

LaZyBoyJ
02-10-2017, 07:14 PM
I tried everything. my upnp is on i tried port forwarding , i resettet my router but still i cant play. i reached the point that i am just going to uninstall and simply spend my cash on something else. this is such BS how is it that i have never had to deal with this **** before only with this game? my internet works perfectly fine i can play any game without problems. Even on my xbox which uses the same connection as my pc doesnt have a strict nat ( Never had as well ) so many people are complaining but ubisoft doesnt give a crap. why whould i risk buying this game if i cant play it anyways? such a shame as i really looked forward in playing this game. Never going to buy a ubisoft game ever again

XtimoX05
02-10-2017, 08:37 PM
even **** like cs:go have dedicated server but nope ubisoft dont care

teksuo1
02-10-2017, 08:44 PM
at this point, with all the talk there has been about the need for dedicated servers ; they fully deserve to fail if nothing is done.
immersion breaking connectivity issues and quitters ruin the experience quite often.

Drekle
02-10-2017, 08:45 PM
NAT issues aren't the fault of the game. If you are behind a router you will need to set up port forwarding correctly.

FailOfHDDVD
02-10-2017, 08:53 PM
fix your router.

I fixed mine, and it went from strict to open NAT

nyqual
02-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Not using a router.
Green NAT.
Duel queue times out 4/5 times.
4v4 Deathmatch works every time.

I don't know how I can confidently buy this if the problem isn't at least acknowledged.

Rainbowsix876
02-10-2017, 09:10 PM
nyqual, you are refering to a connection to the ubisoft servers which is a legitimate concern. The OP is trying to blame Ubisoft his his NAT type. I was on before and wasn't able to connect to the Ubisoft servers, but I did just see a message before I hopped off in regards to a "Seamless update" that improved matchmaking que's so that may have had something to do with it. I will concede that the closed beta seemed to have less issues connection wise then the Open beta does now and while I am not going to defend Ubisoft, because well it is 2017 and they still can't get their Uplay network crap sorted out, I will say that it isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be on the Xbox platform anyway. I would imagine that PC would have issues because of the various clients used to launch the game and possible conflict with other programs running on your system as well as taking into account hardware issues.

So would I if it wasen't for this stupid NAT issue that always come with any Ubisoft game they lay hands on.
Oh yea it's our connection, I got all ports open, UPNPN and green open NAT and still have that issue.
I can play just any games outside Ubisoft without any problem. RB6S became better after they spent 6 months of rework on that game with new servers. I doubt they will invest any money into this game. I think their active role on their forum, twitter etc. speak for itselfs. Never seen a more passive developer than For Honor crew
Worse warning signs are when they can't reply or even give us a slightly hint if these server problems will ever be fixed.
Only thing they do is to copy paste how to fix a connection problem without even care to read what we say.
Giving useless tips, try to restart your computer, like LOL.

J-DWilson
02-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Hate to tell you guys but you do realise this is an older version of the game? they used this one for the closed beta and it said that it was an older version, there are also rumours that may have been confirmed that the P2P is being changed for launch, Heard this from a community tournament guy that had talked to Ubisoft. and also had this problem during the closed beta its your router not the game, you just need to go into your hub settings and change somethings to fix it

Tillo.
02-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Nope, we don't have any problems with other games, just with for honor and it's ****ty netcode.

J-DWilson
02-10-2017, 10:59 PM
tbh after I fixed it I haven't had a problem, have you tried submitting a support ticket? might not back to you but there always hope that they will

Alamil
02-11-2017, 01:09 AM
And you know a lot of time ppl sucks couse of bad host. You can open what do you want or set a pppoe connection (that help) but come on, what the hell you can play a game where the host teleport and you see permanent out of sync

ausknipsr
02-11-2017, 01:22 AM
Hate to tell you guys but you do realise this is an older version of the game? they used this one for the closed beta and it said that it was an older version, there are also rumours that may have been confirmed that the P2P is being changed for launch,

proof or gtfo

Linkerino
02-11-2017, 01:31 AM
tbh after I fixed it I haven't had a problem, have you tried submitting a support ticket? might not back to you but there always hope that they will

What did you fix man? I swear to god if you say you put your NAT to Open...

Uthar2009
02-11-2017, 01:31 AM
I was thinking of buying this game for the xbox, but recently I bought AC unity to play with friends, but nope. The coop is terrible for connecting with friends, so my feeling on buying For Honor now hinge on if they fix the old issues with games out already that aren't working. the way I see it is if there willing to let their games become unplayable and ignore the community why buy any new games from them?

Ser.Bronn
02-11-2017, 04:02 AM
had same issue took 5 mins to open the ports required have had zero issues since