PDA

View Full Version : Revenge

Flello
02-10-2017, 04:10 AM
I see all these people complaining about nerfing characters but absolutely nothing on the revenge mechanic, which I think to still be completely broken. My main grudge is the ability to kick it off in a 1v1, sure if someone's getting smashed by two people from the back, by all means let the revenge build up. But when you're having a 1v1 and about to deliver the final blow, bam, half HP recovered, extra damage/defence and uniterruptable. Like, I outplayed you fair and square and now you get a free chance to take me out?

Just want to hear others opinions on this because to me it can be extremely frustrating.

Lord_Binz
02-10-2017, 04:58 AM
I see all these people complaining about nerfing characters but absolutely nothing on the revenge mechanic, which I think to still be completely broken. My main grudge is the ability to kick it off in a 1v1, sure if someone's getting smashed by two people from the back, by all means let the revenge build up. But when you're having a 1v1 and about to deliver the final blow, bam, half HP recovered, extra damage/defence and uniterruptable. Like, I outplayed you fair and square and now you get a free chance to take me out?

Just want to hear others opinions on this because to me it can be extremely frustrating.

Well, you clearly didnt outplay them... you get revenge meter on block, you were doing too many blocked attacks. Make your attacks count, and then they wont get revenge to pop before they die.

Its pretty simple to deny revenge. Or you can just walk away from them for the 5 seconds or so till it runs out. Either way, revenge is counterable.

Flello
02-10-2017, 05:40 AM
Well, you clearly didnt outplay them... you get revenge meter on block, you were doing too many blocked attacks. Make your attacks count, and then they wont get revenge to pop before they die.

Its pretty simple to deny revenge. Or you can just walk away from them for the 5 seconds or so till it runs out. Either way, revenge is counterable.

You get revenge meter on whatever you're geared for (blocks, attacks, and damage received), assuming you're not duelling in 1v1 mode. So revenge can technically be popped even by just standing there.

But even if it was gained from just blocks it's still unfair in a 1v1 situation. Okay you may have blocked a few attacks, but if I'm the one still left with half a HP pool with them having barely anything, I'd still consider that being outplayed as I'm the one dishing out the damage.

TripSin.
02-10-2017, 06:16 AM
Why does revenge need to be in 1v1? Blocking your enemy attacks is reward enough in and off itself.

Toast_Addict
02-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Revenge is really annoying imo, but atleast it's not super cheap anymore/.

I think its at a good spot (day 1), but will wait until revenge gear/builds are available to really see.

in closed beta itemizing revenge made the mechanic so obnoxious.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-10-2017, 09:47 AM
I like the revenge mechanic, but it's too easy to build around it.

Gear shouldn't effect how fast you can build it. Instead id should be kept at static increments.