PDA

View Full Version : A better tutorial is VERY much needed.

Slarg232
02-10-2017, 04:03 AM
Because I've been playing all day and I still have no idea how to do half of the actions (Charge people with a shield, activate Revenge mode) and it's really frustrating not knowing what the **** I'm doing.

OmnisMiseria
02-10-2017, 04:22 AM
there's revenge mode in the advance tutorial, and there're 2 videos about movesets of every hero

Slarg232
02-10-2017, 04:28 AM
Then the game should tell you where to find them better.

Any info you actively have to dig for in a multiplayer game is absolutely useless.

OmnisMiseria
02-10-2017, 04:34 AM
dude it's right in the character customization screen

Black_Star300
02-10-2017, 04:35 AM
Before I play a MP game of anything I typically scour every part of what's available. That helps too. Like reading instructions.

Gunner11Mendez
02-10-2017, 04:36 AM
Seems like you could (maybe) watch the tutorial videos and do tutorial mode...then you can actually practice (to learn) before going out into the game, getting smacked, and blaming the game/Devs because you couldn't take the time to do or figure out on your own what you need to do to understand and become better at the game. Steep learning curve and a deep fighting mechanic. I've spent 65+ hours on closed alpha, tech test 2, and closed beta each and I still get my *** kicked 35-37% of the time...sometimes badly. We were all scrubs once man...time to learn.

SpruceMoosey
02-10-2017, 04:43 AM
Try to actually pay attention to the actual tutorial. Actually.

Slarg232
02-10-2017, 04:58 AM
Try to actually pay attention to the actual tutorial. Actually.

Try to actually read the actual thread. Actually.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-10-2017, 04:58 AM
There's a few nuances that the tutorial just kind of barrels through, but that's what AI games are for. Learning!

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-10-2017, 05:12 AM
Because I've been playing all day and I still have no idea how to do half of the actions (Charge people with a shield, activate Revenge mode) and it's really frustrating not knowing what the **** I'm doing.

I agree actually, i think it would help alot of players if the game forced you to watch the basic and advanced movesets for each character when you purchase them, or at least bring you into them with the option to skip.

Most of the newer players online are at a big disadvantage not because they suck, some are pretty good, but because they don't know class specifics

Plus there are even more combat mechanics the game does not tell you about, that you either have to go on the forums to find or have someone very experienced with the game teach you. like Parrying into free GB, or GB into free heavies. This can be very frustrating for newer players who just got slaughtered by someone who has 60 hours of gameplay over them already

The real game will have a campaign that , i really hope is awesome, but it should teach people how to play, i just hope that most people do not give up on the game after playing it for 30 mins because they don't know what they are doing and aren't having fun

Edit: oh and this should help http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547968-Combat-Manual-Discussion-Thread

YutoJW
02-10-2017, 08:01 AM
I spend time to watch the class video, read the move set, yes it's not that helpful, but if you keep play and try it's gonna be. I spending lot of time playing in duel against AI trying to improve the basics mechanism and the combo and it's actually helpfull

Toast_Addict
02-10-2017, 09:06 AM
The basic tutorial should say there's the advance tutorial and to try their new champs on a bot.

Also, I think frustration players have is that it's very difficult to learn the moves in an actual match. I played the closed beta and even now I have to do lvl 0 bot to learn what the moves are before going to a match.