PDA

View Full Version : Cluster****

HommeFougere
02-10-2017, 02:07 AM
The only part enjoyable about this game is the 1v1, which gives next to 0 XP/Gold. Anything with more then 1 enemies in it becomes a giant ****fest where the team who stick together and just mash Attack wins. Pretty ****ing pathetic,no tactics,no block, no anything. just hits in the back and gettign ****ed by 3 RB mashers. I'm glad I only got in the beta before buying it, cause I won't.

MS13rANIMALS
02-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Dude really? Its smart to stick together and gang up on a single person. The lone wolf cod **** doesn't work in this game. In other words, git gud or get off the beta.

Waheed_Smoaker
02-10-2017, 09:13 AM
well, I've managed to win a few 3v1s myself. it's not impossible man. you just gotta block a few and get that revenge. it really helps a lot. not a get out of jail free card but kinda a get out of jail free card. ya feel me?

THEGODLYNESS
02-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Now hear me out have you tried blocking? Using revenge. Attacking back. Or even running away ?

EothK
02-10-2017, 09:40 AM
At this point in Beta a lot of people who join to play don't seem to play the way it should.

In Dominion for example the game rewards people for staying and defending a point. With these groups running around ganking it's quite easy to win the match cause you hold more points.
Also teamwork is key. If you get overwhelmed by 4 it usually just takes 1 more on your team to withstand them. Just make good use of the block system and the revenge system.

Some of the biggest "mistakes" or unknown mechanics maybe are that when you block against 1 person and another comes you only need to block to the side he is in. More important though when you block you become 1 sec (i think) invulnerable for all incoming attacks. What I often see is someone trying to block everything, but rather just stay focused on one attacker when they are spamming.

Also once you get revenge mode you get armor AND unlimited stamina. Use this to your advancement. Also don't switch targets and don't do executions. Being in revenge mode you can kill players with 2 - 4 blows (depending on hero and attack). Thin out the herd and go from there.
If people back away from your revenge.... GTFO! Yes it's not honorable thing to do but hey 3 vs 1 isn't either! Use the revenge status to get to teammate(s) safe and go from there.

I'm no expert so other people might have better notion of the game and give better tips, but this helps for me.

Also if you get sick of being death-spammed, use Conquerer or Warlord and their All-sides block mechanic.

Dez_troi_aR
02-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Indeed, 1vs1 works best.
But 2vs2 should technically be two 1vs1 models. If someone wants to spam someone down, you should have an advantage if you punish: If your ally blocks ok you can get some heavies in their backs.

In Dominion, if the enemy team groups up, go and get a zone where they are not. Killing an enemy only gives 5 points, it is not important if its not for a zone.

xLeapingLizardx
02-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Should I link you to the 10+ posts about people wanting 32v32 combat in this game so you can help tell them how bad of an idea it is? xD

Anyways:
As everyone has said: if you're playing dominion just play the objectives, that's it...

As for outnumbered scenarios, they are very survivable. As a player who has played the Alpha, Closed beta, and this open beta I can usually handle 2v1 and sometimes 3v1 now.
The more you are in those scenarios the better you get at them PERIOD. The more you play the game the more you understand those mechanics that you didn't realize before and it opens up your options when in outnumbered scenarios.