PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper: NERF

AshPaw
02-10-2017, 12:35 AM
The Peacekeeper has become VERY popular lately as I have played a lot during both the closed and the open beta. I keep experiencing PK's all the time. And guess why? Because their Guardbreak is a 90% guarantee for 50% damage of your HP.

This is absolutely insane! It's VERY difficult to parry (but possible, I have done it) and gives a bleed that takes about 50% of your HP. It's disgusting. the PK deserves a VERY hard nerf. Her range as well as damage for her low risk moveset is way too big.

Shizzle117
02-10-2017, 12:37 AM
you can block each one of the stabs if she grabs you, and she has to be good enough to execute the 3 stabs. parrying is clearly the most important part of this game and its crazy hard

Brave_Thunder
02-10-2017, 12:49 AM
I started to play this game today,mainly tryng the assassins,so orochi and Pk.I'm a total noob in a fighting game,but I found Pk to be way more harder than orochi.If she could do the three stabs just smashing the button after the guard break,then I would agree.But you need a lot of timing to do that,and her range is way lower than any other class,so she's high risk high reward,at least for my limited play time.

As a side note,if any experienced Pk would give some tips to a noob it would be very appreciated...right now my blades are silent because I get an axe in the face after 10 secs :/

Ragnar---
02-10-2017, 12:49 AM
The nerfs don't seem to be in yet. The grab still does the same damage as it did a month back. The build Lobosjr etc were playing on has characters nerfed.

The_Quieter
02-10-2017, 01:05 AM
The nerfs don't seem to be in yet. The grab still does the same damage as it did a month back. The build Lobosjr etc were playing on has characters nerfed.

Oh the changes are in, they just didn't nerf that because they're morons.

Waynedetta40k
02-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Or because its fine, Oorochi charge with his guaranteed follow up does kinda same dmg...
I have been hit by a lot of stuff that takes away 1.5 healthbars instantly the 3x stab takes away 2.
Maybe its still to much but it seems like people making it out more than it is.

Ragnar---
02-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Or because its fine, Oorochi charge with his guaranteed follow up does kinda same dmg...
I have been hit by a lot of stuff that takes away 1.5 healthbars instantly the 3x stab takes away 2.
Maybe its still to much but it seems like people making it out more than it is.

Nah come on now. Grabbing somebody and doing that much damage is ridiculous and promotes lame run away strategies.

PaUZZze
02-10-2017, 01:28 AM
I'm a big PK fan an idk....if she did less damage with her guard break bleed ability I wouldn't mind really. It does a lot of damage but remember it does much less to tanks.

AshPaw
02-10-2017, 02:01 AM
I started to play this game today,mainly tryng the assassins,so orochi and Pk.I'm a total noob in a fighting game,but I found Pk to be way more harder than orochi.If she could do the three stabs just smashing the button after the guard break,then I would agree.But you need a lot of timing to do that,and her range is way lower than any other class,so she's high risk high reward,at least for my limited play time.

As a side note,if any experienced Pk would give some tips to a noob it would be very appreciated...right now my blades are silent because I get an axe in the face after 10 secs :/

You just said you are a noob, yet you claim that PK has shorter range than most classes? She has one of the longest range on her abilities.

She is very low risk high reward. The 3 stabs are VERY easy to pull off with just >5 matches of training. And its is VERY difficult to block the last 2 hits of her stabs.
If it's suppose to deal that much damage, it should be easier to block it as well.

Trenk2009
02-10-2017, 02:14 AM
The nerf is coming for release maybe ...

But overall I don't get this probem. I mean that's pretty simple: when you face a peacekeeper, you know that she'll try to always guard break you. knowing this I never really had any problem with them. Just like you must know that you shouldn't attack a warden by the top, that you must block upwards to counter the orochi and pk engage, that you must avoid wall when facing a kensei, that a raider his always going to try to guard break you, that the nobushi must be pared or dodged until the end of her combo, that the berserker tend to be really aggressiv, that the warlord love headbutts, that the conqueror must be feinted , that you cna be rushed by a radier a warlord or a conqueror to get pushed super far, etc etc ...

Knowing who you're facing against is primordial to adapt your play style and win a fight.

Sauronbaine
02-10-2017, 02:17 AM
The nerf is coming for release maybe ...

But overall I don't get this probem. I mean that's pretty simple: when you face a peacekeeper, you know that she'll try to always guard break you. knowing this I never really had any problem with them. Just like you must know that you shouldn't attack a warden by the top, that you must block upwards to counter the orochi and pk engage, that you must avoid wall when facing a kensei, that a raider his always going to try to guard break you, that the nobushi must be pared or dodged until the end of her combo, that the berserker tend to be really aggressiv, that the warlord love headbutts, that the conqueror must be feinted , that you cna be rushed by a radier a warlord or a conqueror to get pushed super far, etc etc ...

Knowing who you're facing against is primordial to adapt your play style and win a fight.

Except Guardbreaks are very finiciky. You could be in the middle of a heavy attacka nd be grabbed. Same with a light attack.

Plus latency also shows up to be a problem.

Plus if you fail ONE guardbreak, you lose 1/3 of your HP. THAT is the problem. Not even a fully charged heavy attack from the conq does that.

ServileLupus
02-10-2017, 02:47 AM
I love the complaints about her. Nerfs are in peackeeper stamina is so terrible blocking any attack is almost enough to gray bar her.

Washburn04
02-10-2017, 03:01 AM
Just press guard break when she tries to grab you. It gives an animation and it's not that hard to see coming. If a pk is getting up close, they are trying to grab you. Most stay on the perimeter and sidestep stab and leap stab. Up close, watch for it.

brider1
02-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Nah come on now. Grabbing somebody and doing that much damage is ridiculous and promotes lame run away strategies.

jesus Christ you people.... if a peacekeep runs at me to try and grab me specialy with conqueror I LOVE IT! I wind up a big smackdown on them and release it just as they run in it works every dam time and takes nearly half there health off its so easy to dodge if you take the time to learn the game.

Also if I'm using PK against a good player I'm wary of grabbing them in the first place for just that reason cos they'r expecting it and will punish the hell out of me when I grab and they break it or when I'm running in for a grab.

Flello
02-10-2017, 03:59 AM
I've played PK for the majority of both the closed and open beta, I think that she is in a pretty balanced place right now. I'd say that I'm a pretty decent player, a bit above average, with a friend of mine at the same skill level. We did a few duels with him using multiple heroes, obviously with my friend having a good knowledge of the game mechanics, he was always anticipating the PK GB, if I made a single mistake I got punished badly, losing around half my HP.

As a PK main, I can honestly say that an unprepared opponent is in for a hell of a time, but when I come across skilled players they can decimate me within seconds. It seems to be that the majority of people that complain are the people who struggle to anticipate the GB.

I do however agree that the bleed on the triple stab could possibly do with a very sight nerf, but not too much otherwise they wouldn't even be a threat with people laughing at being stabbed by a rubber dagger.

Lord_Binz
02-10-2017, 05:02 AM
I like fighting Peacekeepers. Almost every single one ive fought is really predictable and has low skill... I 1v1ed a PK without getting touched because they just spammed all the wrong attacks.

If you are on PC, i recommend changing your GB keybind, its a lot easier to counter it when you dont have to move your fingers as much.

Toast_Addict
02-10-2017, 09:44 AM
so I love PK, such a fun kit,

I think she is easy to deal with in duels, but can get out of hand in domination.

I have personally never had problems with Pks but would agree the grab destroys squishys if they dont guard break after the first stab.