PDA

View Full Version : Friends List

Dracus_VoV
02-09-2017, 09:37 PM
I would really like to see you guys implement something like Steam's tags and nicknames. Currently your friend's names pop up, and that's all there is to it. The problem with this is that uPlay PC has the ability to change your account display name (much like Steam as well), which by itself is a great feature. However, when you combine that with a friends list that you can't sort into groups or add nicknames to, it gets confusing as to who is who.

I've lost track of how many times I've seen someone start playing any Ubisoft title and a pop up will appear in the bottom right with "so-and-so as started playing X game" only to look at it confusion because I have no idea who that person is because they've changed their display name. Then I'll open my friends list and take a look, hoping their profile picture will give me a clue, and realize that I can't see it because it's tiny and there is no way to view their profile. Most of the time I end up removing them from my list because I just don't know who they are, which is sad because I added them or they added me to friends in the first place for a reason.....

Anyway, thanks for taking a look.

Mata_Cabras
02-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Totally agree with you!!! We should be able to edit the friends name!! Because change their names, I get the same problem, I get an invitation from someone and I go "Who the hell is that???"
I have to ask, and the y have have to say all theirs previous names until I recognize one of them!! Editing the friends name is a big help in managing friends list!! But hey, the UI looks very good!!

Ubi-Kay
02-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

azgoodaz
02-18-2017, 04:58 AM
+1 to this. This needs to be added/implemented.

I would love to give my friends nicknames and then put my friends into groups like IRL friends, Content Creators, etc.