PDA

View Full Version : As a peacekeeper, my opinion on the "nerfs"

FerretWarDance
02-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Meh. still positive KDR, not much different in playstyle . all you bleed spammers stop crying and learn a different combo.

Sauronbaine
02-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Bleed was actually untouched. Peacekeeper is still extremely strong

Maljas
02-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Meh. still positive KDR, not much different in playstyle . all you bleed spammers stop crying and learn a different combo.

Bleeds were not nerfed.

FerretWarDance
02-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Bleeds were not nerfed.

i didnt feel a difference, but the first thing i saw on forums before i got in game were threads full of ppl Q.Q over a bleed nerf. If indeed there is no nef.. why the hell are ppl crying so much. jeeze ppl. just play the game.

VillNess
02-09-2017, 09:18 PM
i didnt feel a difference, but the first thing i saw on forums before i got in game were threads full of ppl Q.Q over a bleed nerf. If indeed there is no nef.. why the hell are ppl crying so much. jeeze ppl. just play the game.

In the event (whenever it was, yesterday or tuesday?) the nerf on Peacekeeper was in effect. The bleed effect is -75% in damage... In this Open Beta build it is however not there

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 09:48 PM
All of the "fast but squishy" classes are top-tier once you get good. There's not much going for the slower guys at high-end play.

Dark Souls had the same problem. Once you get good, being "slow, but tanky" never works and only serves to make you dead, albeit slowly.

FerretWarDance
02-09-2017, 10:48 PM
All of the "fast but squishy" classes are top-tier once you get good. There's not much going for the slower guys at high-end play.

Dark Souls had the same problem. Once you get good, being "slow, but tanky" never works and only serves to make you dead, albeit slowly.

I agree with this statement, a top tier squish squish player. (not saying i am top tier, i might be high end of mid tier if 1 is lowest and 5 is top im a 3.8ish)should be able to easily out maneuver/parry 1-2 equally skilled players. the peace keep is especially capable of parrying multiple enemies tho anything more then 2v1 i always try to escape unless im close to revenge. alot of people i see complaining about the peace keeper runs in to the entire enemy team and cries because they died. one **** up in a 1v multiple engagement and your dead. tanky classes can afford more mistakes in a 1vmultiple but chances are youll end up dying cause youre focused on blocking while lighter classes can parry and counter attack quickly. I like quick and nimble so thats why i like the peace keeper, ill take the low health and def for my preferred play style...

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Therein lies the problem. The extra tankiness only affords more mistakes, which is something high-end players won't need. So they trade that off for more effectiveness with the speed, and ultimately lose nothing for it.

It's a problem I've been encountering a lot as a Warden against the Assassins, and it's aggravating as hell betting my win on the idea they mess up big time, not on that I outplayed them.

FerretWarDance
02-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Therein lies the problem. The extra tankiness only affords more mistakes, which is something high-end players won't need. So they trade that off for more effectiveness with the speed, and ultimately lose nothing for it.

It's a problem I've been encountering a lot as a Warden against the Assassins, and it's aggravating as hell betting my win on the idea they mess up big time, not on that I outplayed them.

I feel like Wardens are mostly a beginners class well rounded but not specialized. so any skilled specialized class will out perform them in 1v1. How ever in group play i feel the Warden is an especially valuable class because it can jump in any conflict and perform well. just in 1v1 specialized class seem to have the most noticeable advantage.

after thought, my gf plays warden and kicks my *** 90% of the time XD

Sauronbaine
02-09-2017, 11:19 PM

I actually dont agree with this. Assassins can make mistakes easily. Their speed is their defense. Its hard to parry them, hard to do everything to them while they can do whatever they want really. Sure thye cant take as many hits but its easier for them to parry than it is for us since their attacks are so much faster.

Sauronbaine
02-09-2017, 11:20 PM
I feel like Wardens are mostly a beginners class well rounded but not specialized. so any skilled specialized class will out perform them in 1v1. How ever in group play i feel the Warden is an especially valuable class because it can jump in any conflict and perform well. just in 1v1 specialized class seem to have the most noticeable advantage.

after thought, my gf plays warden and kicks my *** 90% of the time XD

Warden is good for beginners, but im struggling as usual with the really quick classes.

As Conq, PK and Nooboshi were myt only issues.

Im honestly not going to be playing Warden at the release because of that reason xD

Maybe if the Pk gets that bleed nerf she needs that was on the twitch game, maybe just maybe it will be a much better fight. But its really really hard to fight PK's where as its much easier for them.

Speed owns fighting games versus power... well melee fighting games.

Mortal Kombat speed owns everything. It allows you to punish with less room for making mistakes. ((You cant make as many mistakes))

FerretWarDance
02-09-2017, 11:23 PM
my suggestion is start out defensive let us blow our load, block what you can. then murder us when we have no stamina. thats my only complaint with pk, we loose stamina fast. BUT its an equalizer so it needs to stay. i understand this.

FerretWarDance
02-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Warden is good for beginners, but im struggling as usual with the really quick classes.

As Conq, PK and Nooboshi were myt only issues.

Im honestly not going to be playing Warden at the release because of that reason xD

Maybe if the Pk gets that bleed nerf she needs that was on the twitch game, maybe just maybe it will be a much better fight. But its really really hard to fight PK's where as its much easier for them.

Speed owns fighting games versus power... well melee fighting games.

Mortal Kombat speed owns everything. It allows you to punish with less room for making mistakes. ((You cant make as many mistakes))

i hate the nooboshi too, such a long reach

zide-
02-09-2017, 11:25 PM
My only complain about Peacekeeper is that her attacks are so fast, that at times the hit direction indicator can't keep up with them making her attacks a pain to block.

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 11:28 PM
I actually dont agree with this. Assassins can make mistakes easily. Their speed is their defense. Its hard to parry them, hard to do everything to them while they can do whatever they want really. Sure thye cant take as many hits but its easier for them to parry than it is for us since their attacks are so much faster.

Which highlights the issue. At end-game skill caps, speed is everything. Being slow ensures you will be parried and out-maneuvered. No amount of skill will make up for that, so you either gravitate to the faster, more nimble heroes, or get left behind foot-slogging it.

If the heavier ones had hyper-armour to force trades, it wouldn't be so bad. But even a sneeze staggers you, so you lose out on trades because the faster guy always hits you first, preventing your own attack from the get-go.

I_am_a_robot
02-09-2017, 11:30 PM
its an assassin spamfest runfest