PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft releasing four AAA games between April 2017 and March 2018, revealing in May

Sushiglutton
02-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Sauce: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342511

Oh well the plot is thickening....

What could it be :eek::confused::o:D

https://media.tenor.co/images/570bb459181c867209a3a53739cc55a3/raw

cawatrooper9
02-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Interesting!

Going off of OP's post Nirolak's post in the link:

My guesses would be:
- South Park (this is definitely one of them)
- Far Cry 5
- That pirate online service game thingy they've been making for 3-4 years
- Hard to say, maybe Assassin's Creed, but they've hinted that might be delayed. Splinter Cell? Another new IP?

-South Park seems pretty much a shoe-in, since we don't have a solid release date yet even, so probably not coming before April.

- I'd love for a pirate game. Fingers crossed, I guess.

- Going off of what Ubisoft's said (not likely to see FC5 in 2017) I don't know why he'd think a new Far Cry is significantly more likely than a new Assassin's Creed.

- By the way, obviously I'm hoping one of those 4 is a new AC

- A new IP would be cool, too. Not a huge Splinter Cell fan.

LoyalACFan
02-09-2017, 10:21 PM
I was going to say GR Wildlands, but I realized that comes out next month :) Really sneaked up on me.

Like cawatrooper said, South Park is a given. One of them is bound to be Nintendo Switch-compatible, or even exclusive (possibly a new Rayman?). Far Cry is probably another, though I expect it to be the last of the four, launching next spring. Their primetime holiday season 2017 game is probably (fingers crossed) Assassin's Creed.

So, if I were a betting man, I'd posit the following.

South Park in April
Rayman in June/July
Assassin's Creed in October/November
Far Cry in Spring 2018

I-Like-Pie45
02-09-2017, 11:11 PM
South Park well thats obvious

these are my other predictions:

AC Anniversary Collection - a re-release of the Ezio trilogy with added PS Pro and Scorpio support, as well as a PC port. The other games will probably be available as DLC and pre-order bonuses.

Watch Dogs 3 with Watch Dogs 2 outselling Syndicate its probably clear to Ubisoft now where its priorities should lie, and given all the possible cities in the world Watch Dogs will probably become Ubisoft's new annualized franchise.

A Far Cry Beyond Good And Evil - all work on BG&E2 has probably been reinterpreted as a Far Cry styled reboot satisfying both fanbases hankering for another game.

ze_topazio
02-10-2017, 02:01 AM
Prince of Persia 2017

Driver 4

Grey's Anatomy: The Video Game 2

Prince: The Experience

D.I.D.
02-10-2017, 02:53 AM
LoyalACF - They have to put Rayman Legends on the Switch first and let that find new fans. I don't think they're going to rush in with a new Rayman, even though it's about time we had one. (Besides, isn't the creative director busy with BG+E2?)

RVSage
02-10-2017, 04:34 AM
Ubisoft said none of their franchises will be annual anymore, so that rules out Far Cry

And I do not consider South Park AAA, it is more of a artistic style game, (production cost wont be too high)

My guesses would be

1. Beyond Good and Evil 2 (The creator has posted various working images)(early 2018)

2, Assassin's creed (oct 2017)

3. New Splinter Cell (has been in development for long, (rumoured) and Ubisoft is keen on using Tom Clancy franchise)

4. New IP?????

LoyalACFan
02-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Ubisoft said none of their franchises will be annual anymore, so that rules out Far Cry

How's that? The last Far Cry came out in early 2016, so a March 2018 sequel would be over two years later.

Personally, I've given up hope on Splinter Cell. SC Blacklist was one of the finest stealth games I've played, but it didn't sell that well, and Ubi has plenty of other Tom Clancy irons in the fire. I can see them wanting to focus more on MP-driven franchises like Ghost Recon and the Division.

I-Like-Pie45
02-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Prince of Persia 2017

Driver 4

Grey's Anatomy: The Video Game 2

Prince: The Experience

I dunno about Driver, Ze_Topazio. Considering how Ubisoft recently delisted the San Francisco one from digital storefronts without even telling anybody, that gives a less than stellar possibility of what their thoughts on that series could be.

I bet the Raving Rabbids are bound to make their comeback, though.

Sorrosyss
02-10-2017, 09:14 AM
I like these guessing games. I'll go for;

South Park - Obviously. (Prolly May)
Splinter Cell something - They're still working on the movie so the IP can't be dead. October.
AC Empire - Eternal optimist in me thinks this is November.
Far Cry 5 - March 2018. The trademark for it was floating around the net a few weeks back.

ERICATHERINE
02-10-2017, 09:54 AM
I just hope 1 one of them is either an all new ac game or a remaster of what I call "the American collection", which would include (with all there dlcs) ac 3, liberation hd and rogue and god please, ubisoft. If you really want to throw ac iv in, make it optional with a discount for those that don't buy ac iv "cough" like me "cough", that will be equivalent to the portion of ac iv and it's dlcs's price for those who would buy an American collection with it in.

I just don't see why I would buy a game for the 3rd time when considering the fact that I already own it on the very same console. ^-^

The4orTy67
02-10-2017, 11:38 AM
They also mention their initial plan of releasing 5 AAA titles but one of them has been pushed back so AC Empire winter 2018 confirmed?

RVSage
02-10-2017, 01:23 PM
How's that? The last Far Cry came out in early 2016, so a March 2018 sequel would be over two years later.

Personally, I've given up hope on Splinter Cell. SC Blacklist was one of the finest stealth games I've played, but it didn't sell that well, and Ubi has plenty of other Tom Clancy irons in the fire. I can see them wanting to focus more on MP-driven franchises like Ghost Recon and the Division.

Ah 2018 sounds reasonable for Far Cry 5, Splinter Cell Blacklist remains one of my favorite stealth title ever too. But as sorrosyss pointed out, the movie is still on cards, which means hopefully the game is not dead, Ubisoft Toronto seems to be heading the project according to the last rumour I heard

SixKeys
02-10-2017, 02:22 PM

Where did you hear this?

UnknownGamer1994
02-10-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm really afraid that we are waiting and expecting nothing and that we will only get an announcement by 2018 regarding the next Assassin's Creed game

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Also saw this:

"Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot says they won't release as many new IP going forward and will instead focus on growing its existing brands."

That's a good thing right?

crusader_prophet
02-11-2017, 03:42 AM
Also saw this:

"Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot says they won't release as many new IP going forward and will instead focus on growing its existing brands."

That's a good thing right?

Depends - is it time being taken just to reduce franchise fatigue and polish games that are already mediocre to begin with, or they will actually use this time to innovate and be creative with vision which will involve some housecleaning of their engineers, directors and writers. However, they should retain their concept artists, graphic designer and animators because gorgeous environment building is the only good thing UbiSoft has going good.

I'm really afraid that we are waiting and expecting nothing and that we will only get an announcement by 2018 regarding the next Assassin's Creed game

If the latter part of my reply above is true, 2018 or 2019 will be ideal for next AC. It is normal and good for a gap of 4-5 years between iterations of the same franchise. Nothing to be afraid of, it is actually a good thing.

RVSage
02-11-2017, 05:17 AM
Where did you hear this?

It was part of the AC announcement, Not sure where, but I certainly remember something on the lines of , this new approach is for all our franchises

D.I.D.
02-11-2017, 10:55 AM
It was part of the AC announcement, Not sure where, but I certainly remember something on the lines of , this new approach is for all our franchises

If the "games as service" thing is true, depending on the model they could have a sort of "annualisation by stealth" if they choose to - a second game in the same setting/style, perhaps.

Something I've often hoped for is for the games to work in trilogy blocks not of characters, like the Ezio trilogy, but of cities. They could put in a lot of work creating the core city and then remodel it to reflect changes in each time period. So, for instance, we could have had 12th century London, followed by a 17th century London, followed by a 19th century London, and story elements that tie all of those periods together.

SixKeys
02-11-2017, 04:48 PM
If the "games as service" thing is true, depending on the model they could have a sort of "annualisation by stealth" if they choose to - a second game in the same setting/style, perhaps.

Something I've often hoped for is for the games to work in trilogy blocks not of characters, like the Ezio trilogy, but of cities. They could put in a lot of work creating the core city and then remodel it to reflect changes in each time period. So, for instance, we could have had 12th century London, followed by a 17th century London, followed by a 19th century London, and story elements that tie all of those periods together.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. Though I would rather see them as expansions/DLC than three full games in (essentially) the same location.

Sushiglutton
02-11-2017, 06:03 PM
I really want another Splinter Cell, Blacklist was fantastic. I thought SC was dead though? Mainly because it's SP linear game which doesn't fit the game-as-service paradigm. Same reason PoP was killed. I hope I'm wrong though. You guys give me some hope if it has been rumored.

South Park I'm gonna play if I find the time for sure. Last one was pretty funny. Like Al Gore attack with climate change presentations :D!

That's actually a pretty cool idea. Though I would rather see them as expansions/DLC than three full games in (essentially) the same location.

Agree.It could be awesome if they took a year to tell different kind of stories in the world they've created. Some could be pure historical, some could be very lore heavy etc. I much prefer that over yearly releases. It would also buy the next team an extra year making each entry more unique feeling (hopefully).

Moultonborough
02-11-2017, 09:18 PM
My betting is that one will be a new AC game. I can't imagine that Ubisoft will skip another year without one. Now the true question is when will it leak because I doubt it will stay secret till May.

Helforsite
02-12-2017, 05:03 PM
My guesses:
1.Assassin's Creed
2.Far Cry 5
3.Splinter Cell
4.Beyond Good And Evil 2
5.New IP

I for my part think FC5 or BGE2 are the game being delayed.

D.I.D.
02-13-2017, 08:27 AM

Yeah, I think that's how it would have to work too.

Given that so many major cities have major buildings preserved from as early as the 1100s, you could pick a place that's conserved most of its basic street layout and major landmarks and hopefully there wouldn't be an overwhelming amount of work involved in remixing the work for each era. It wouldn't be easy, I know (even recreating all those people would be a huge job), but we did see this in a limited form in Syndicate/Jack the Ripper, where London had changed significantly between 1868 and the end of the century, and then again in the WWI section.

ERICATHERINE
02-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I think that's how it would have to work too.

Given that so many major cities have major buildings preserved from as early as the 1100s, you could pick a place that's conserved most of its basic street layout and major landmarks and hopefully there wouldn't be an overwhelming amount of work involved in remixing the work for each era. It wouldn't be easy, I know (even recreating all those people would be a huge job), but we did see this in a limited form in Syndicate/Jack the Ripper, where London had changed significantly between 1868 and the end of the century, and then again in the WWI section.

Yea. That's what I was thinking while reading your comment. I mean, how it could be done in major time rift like the ww1 part of syndicate. Of course I wouldn't like it if would have to be like the time rifts of unity, but I sure would like it if it would be in major time rifts made like the one of syndicate. Plus, with ubisoft taking a year of, I'm pretty sure they have enough time to make more than one time rift as big as that, if not bigger (even if I must say I would still prefer them to use that time for improving significantly the md, in a way we can play it as a real protag, instead of just us).

Samurai587
02-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Why not do an Assassin's Creed game in Mesoptamia? That has a lot of mythology and how Sumerian mythology describes the creation of the world, lot of conspriacy theroies to go there, and going into Ancient Babylon at that time would be EPIC!

Megas_Doux
02-20-2017, 03:01 AM

In my ideal world AC games would have support for years in the form of time rift expansions for every setting. Let's say Empire is set in Ancient Egypt (broad term I know, but you get the point) so I would include XIX century, the Roman invasion or Mamluk periods to cover and expand the lore of the history of the Brotherhood and their struggle against the templars in that country.

I mean, I would've LOVED that scenario in Unity, a full expansion for Thomas de Carneillon who according to the database was a friend of DOMENICO AUDITORE (What a wasted opportunity). Or France during the Cardinal Richelieu time, etc, etc, etc.....

Helforsite
02-22-2017, 04:05 PM
In my ideal world AC games would have support for years in the form of time rift expansions for every setting. Let's say Empire is set in Ancient Egypt (broad term I know, but you get the point) so I would include XIX century, the Roman invasion or Mamluk periods to cover and expand the lore of the history of the Brotherhood and their struggle against the templars in that country.

I mean, I would've LOVED that scenario in Unity, a full expansion for Thomas de Carneillon who according to the database was a friend of DOMENICO AUDITORE (What a wasted opportunity). Or France during the Cardinal Richelieu time, etc, etc, etc.....
I find the idea itself very good, but I think the franchise as a whole would suffer, if this were to happen. Ubisoft only has limited resources and to make these rift expansion something worthwile and not some poorly done copy-paste content, they would have to invest a considerable amount of people and work hours into each expansion which in turn would have to come from somewhere, most likely the next game which in turn would suffer from this lose of resources.

UnknownGamer1994
04-24-2017, 09:51 AM
It's almost May and we are close to getting something! https://twitter.com/DonatoAndrea24/status/855096403747647488
My bet is a May 7th tease and May 11th reveal like they did with Syndicate :)

m4r-k7
04-24-2017, 05:37 PM
Yea, if they are going to do what they did with Syndicate then it will most likely be announced in the first - second week of May. However, what they did with Syndicate was quite surprising, where they showed us gameplay and a trailer at the announcement and did not show any gameplay at the E3 conference.

If AC Empire is a big thing, I could see them waiting to show us gameplay at their E3 conference, like they have done with all the other AC titles.

In any case any type of reveal will make me excited!

LoyalACFan
04-24-2017, 08:31 PM
Yea, if they are going to do what they did with Syndicate then it will most likely be announced in the first - second week of May. However, what they did with Syndicate was quite surprising, where they showed us gameplay and a trailer at the announcement and did not show any gameplay at the E3 conference.

If AC Empire is a big thing, I could see them waiting to show us gameplay at their E3 conference, like they have done with all the other AC titles.

In any case any type of reveal will make me excited!

Yeah, with Syndicate they were running damage control, though. After Unity got so much bad press, I bet they just wanted to release things on their terms; a pre-recorded clip on YouTube rather than risk a very public live E3 stage demo fail (which actually happens a lot at E3 since everyone's playing work-in-progress builds, but it would have ballooned out of control if it happened to ACS once everyone jumped on the "bash Ubi" bandwagon after Unity).

m4r-k7
04-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Yeah, with Syndicate they were running damage control, though. After Unity got so much bad press, I bet they just wanted to release things on their terms; a pre-recorded clip on YouTube rather than risk a very public live E3 stage demo fail (which actually happens a lot at E3 since everyone's playing work-in-progress builds, but it would have ballooned out of control if it happened to ACS once everyone jumped on the "bash Ubi" bandwagon after Unity).

Yea exactly. It makes me wonder what they will do with AC Empire. Obviously it would be great to have some gameplay when they announce it, but something tells me they would wait till E3 to give it a big reveal, taking into account we haven't had one for a year.

UnknownGamer1994
04-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Yea exactly. It makes me wonder what they will do with AC Empire. Obviously it would be great to have some gameplay when they announce it, but something tells me they would wait till E3 to give it a big reveal, taking into account we haven't had one for a year.

Yeah, I guess it's very possible but what else they will be announcing in May? I don't think of any ip other than AC to be honest

cawatrooper9
04-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I guess it's very possible but what else they will be announcing in May? I don't think of any ip other than AC to be honest

Check out the Ubisoft forums as a whole, there's a ton. I'd imagine a Watch_Dogs 3 could be in the works, probably a new Far Cry, some Tom Clancy thing, etc.

UnknownGamer1994
04-24-2017, 10:01 PM
Check out the Ubisoft forums as a whole, there's a ton. I'd imagine a Watch_Dogs 3 could be in the works, probably a new Far Cry, some Tom Clancy thing, etc.

But if they release one of them it means there wouldn't be an AC this year, they usually release one of those titles in place of AC or other one of Ubisoft known ips...

SixKeys
04-24-2017, 10:59 PM
I kinda doubt Watch_Dogs 3 would be announced this quickly after the last one. Could there be a sequel to The Division in the works, maybe? They must have more than one big IP to announce.

m4r-k7
04-24-2017, 11:06 PM
I reckon Splinter Cell will be one. Its been a while since the last and there hasn't even been one on the new generation of consoles. Either that or that Sci-fi game that was teased in Watch Dogs 2.. or a new Far Cry game. There are many possibilities.

SolidSage
04-25-2017, 03:10 AM
What Ubisoft really needs to do is upload all of the cities from every AC game to their severs.
Then build the Animus game, where the player gets into the Animus and picks a time period they need to visit (for dailys/weeklys/etc), and can then go to any of the game periods with either an existing or custom ancestor (just an outfit guys, chill).

Yeah, then we can go to Jerusalem and fight old skool Templers, before skipping to a quick mp jaunt in Rome, then on to some coop in France, etc etc. All from a single disc access point.

Enter the Animus - Online only, some restrictions may apply, yadda yadda yadda.

Gives us full gameanthology, and Ubi gets their highly desired fully online service package dealy. You know they want it.

Also, SplinterCell yes.

ze_topazio
04-25-2017, 04:06 AM
Hopefully the rumored pirate game is one of them.

SixKeys
04-25-2017, 09:08 PM
What Ubisoft really needs to do is upload all of the cities from every AC game to their severs.
Then build the Animus game, where the player gets into the Animus and picks a time period they need to visit (for dailys/weeklys/etc), and can then go to any of the game periods with either an existing or custom ancestor (just an outfit guys, chill).

Yeah, then we can go to Jerusalem and fight old skool Templers, before skipping to a quick mp jaunt in Rome, then on to some coop in France, etc etc. All from a single disc access point.

Enter the Animus - Online only, some restrictions may apply, yadda yadda yadda.

Gives us full gameanthology, and Ubi gets their highly desired fully online service package dealy. You know they want it.

Also, SplinterCell yes.

That sounds like an awesome concept in theory, but impossible in practice. Paris and London alone are enormous, let alone trying to fit in all the other games' cities. They would need to limit each city into one small district (think Monteriggioni-size), downsize the 1:1 scale of Paris and London and even then I don't think they could include every city. Especially if they wanted to make it an MMO with the usual AC gameplay (interactive crowds etc.).

cawatrooper9
04-25-2017, 09:45 PM
I kinda doubt Watch_Dogs 3 would be announced this quickly after the last one. Could there be a sequel to The Division in the works, maybe? They must have more than one big IP to announce.

Yeah, I mean, unless they're annualized. But I don't think it's particularly likely.

I was just pointing out that AC is hardly Ubisoft's sole IP.

SolidSage
04-26-2017, 06:49 AM
You're right.

Maybe we can at least get a full coop, with custom characters, both genders, no glitches and a good player to player combat engine.
(I suppose I could settle for mp like pvp options on full maps, 1-4 players).

Throwing knives, bows, spears, two handed chuckable battle axes. Grappling hooks maybe..

LoyalACFan
04-26-2017, 10:42 AM
You're right.

Maybe we can at least get a full coop, with custom characters, both genders, no glitches and a good player to player combat engine.
(I suppose I could settle for mp like pvp options on full maps, 1-4 players).

Throwing knives, bows, spears, two handed chuckable battle axes. Grappling hooks maybe..

Lol, "at least?" PVP melee, co-op, full RPG character creation, and zero glitches? Not exactly a small order.

UnknownGamer1994
04-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Common May, come already! :P

UnknownGamer1994
05-04-2017, 11:19 AM
https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/04/a-cryptic-facebook-post-may-hint-at-a-far-cry-3-remaster-or-spin-off/
EDIT: Thankfully according to Ubisoft it's just a throwback post :)

Helforsite
05-07-2017, 08:49 AM
I believe 100% that we will see a new Splinter Cell game at E3. We could also see Far Cry 5 announced at E3, but I highly doubt it would come out before 2018.

UnknownGamer1994
05-07-2017, 10:31 PM
So when will Ubisoft start share their plans for the fiscal year like they said?

m4r-k7
05-07-2017, 10:52 PM
May 16th so you would think they would announce the game before then, but I guess they could always just refer to it as "the next Assassins Creed game"

cawatrooper9
05-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Interesting.

Some people had predicted tomorrow as a possible announcement day, did they not?

ModernWaffle
05-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Interesting.

Some people had predicted tomorrow as a possible announcement day, did they not?

Fingers crossed. If not, I'll just be waiting every Tuesday until E3 :p

UnknownGamer1994
05-09-2017, 12:23 PM
If Ubisoft will announce the next AC game today I will do an Ankh Tattoo and will post it here :D
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7d/e2/a9/7de2a915a9ddf9ef1fefcfe8826d1a5d.jpg

ajl992015
05-09-2017, 12:51 PM
To be honest I am way more excited for a new far cry, far cry 4 was amazing, one of my favourite games. My bet, far cry 5 release for november 2017 and ACE will come out feb/march 2018. They will give ac a little more time for development to get it right and leave a little longer of a gap between this and the last game. Feb/march seems to be good months for ubisoft as they have been releasing a lot of high profile games in those months the past few years. But I think far cry will come first, primal was made by a different team and by this fall it would be 3 years since far cry 4, enough time to make a strong sequel. Plus I remember there was a leak from some retailers of far cry 5 releasing late november.

ModernWaffle
05-15-2017, 11:59 PM
That time of week again - hoping for something to be revealed tomorrow at 5pm.

LoyalACFan
05-16-2017, 12:32 AM
To be honest I am way more excited for a new far cry, far cry 4 was amazing, one of my favourite games. My bet, far cry 5 release for november 2017 and ACE will come out feb/march 2018. They will give ac a little more time for development to get it right and leave a little longer of a gap between this and the last game. Feb/march seems to be good months for ubisoft as they have been releasing a lot of high profile games in those months the past few years. But I think far cry will come first, primal was made by a different team and by this fall it would be 3 years since far cry 4, enough time to make a strong sequel. Plus I remember there was a leak from some retailers of far cry 5 releasing late november.

Nah, AC will be out this fall. It's their big headliner franchise, no way they'll want to miss out on those sweet, sweet holiday bucks. Far Cry 5 might come out this fall too, especially if the rumors about it being a Western are true. They'll want to get it out the door pronto before Red Dead comes knocking. If not, I think it's more likely to show up in the spring, just like Primal did.

UnknownGamer1994
05-16-2017, 06:33 AM
That time of week again - hoping for something to be revealed tomorrow at 5pm.

Me too! In what time zone at 5pm?

ModernWaffle
05-16-2017, 10:24 AM
GMT. Going by the links from the OP there will be some information about the 3 other AAA games this month so technically we should be getting a couple of announcements very very soon.

UnknownGamer1994
05-16-2017, 10:24 AM
So when will we be getting some news regarding their financial meeting today?

UnknownGamer1994
05-16-2017, 10:25 AM
GMT. Going by the links from the OP there will be some information about the 3 other AAA games this month so technically we should be getting a couple of announcements very very soon.
Hopefully even today :D

m4r-k7
05-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Hmmm :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/864201026512928768

jellejackhammer
05-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Hmmm :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/864201026512928768

plot thickens...

1 of them is most likely the destiny 2 gameplay reveal though.

crusader_prophet
05-16-2017, 02:55 PM
plot thickens...

1 of them is most likely the destiny 2 gameplay reveal though.

True. I also feel there will be a teaser reveal like AC Unity this week and then the floodgates will open in E3 and beyond. I really was hoping we would be getting AC games with 4 - 5 years of gap, and only Montreal team will be involved in making them.

m4r-k7
05-16-2017, 03:15 PM
So Tidux (an insider, although not as credible as Shinobi) just posted this

https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/864481762851905537

Something is going to happen this week..

cawatrooper9
05-16-2017, 03:19 PM
So Tidux (an insider, although not as credible as Shinobi) just posted this

https://twitter.com/Tidux/status/864481762851905537

Something is going to happen this week..

Interesting. Fingers crossed!

jellejackhammer
05-16-2017, 03:59 PM
True. I also feel there will be a teaser reveal like AC Unity this week and then the floodgates will open in E3 and beyond. I really was hoping we would be getting AC games with 4 - 5 years of gap, and only Montreal team will be involved in making them.

4/5 years is a stretch imo.

i say every 2 years like this one.

if they can't pollish and direct in the direction it needs with the extra year they have then it's just time to rest it for good or have a reboot.

1 game per 4 years is just wasted time at this point.

they are to far in the franshise for such long gaps. the way it's set with the MD being more or less in our own time makes it more difficult to have them continue in the comics only without a game to bring us forward. it kinda needs a game every 2 years to keep things up more easy.

cawatrooper9
05-16-2017, 05:12 PM
AC just posted on Facebook that more information is "coming soon".

Something is definitely happening.

ModernWaffle
05-16-2017, 05:15 PM
From Ubisoft's meeting today:
http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/05/16/985602/0/en/UBISOFT-REPORTS-FULL-YEAR-2016-17-SALES-AND-EARNINGS-FIGURES.html?f=22&fvtc=7

'Over the last three fiscal years, Ubisoft has - with remarkable success - created numerous new brands and rebooted Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. These successes have strengthened our visibility for the coming two fiscal years, with a line-up of releases principally comprised of established franchises. In 2017-18 we will see the exciting returns of Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, The Crew and South Park'

Guess it just confirms what we already expected.

Edit:
Far Cry 5 Logo for those interested:
https://twitter.com/UbisoftUK/status/864511285660078080/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Farticles% 2Ffar-cry-5-officially-confirmed%2F1100-6450079%2F

Well this is going to be an exciting year, just bought Far Cry 4 so this works out nicely.

jellejackhammer
05-16-2017, 05:20 PM
can't wait for the official announcement.

i want the next ac's boxart to be the background of this forum as tradition holds :p

crusader_prophet
05-16-2017, 05:30 PM
4/5 years is a stretch imo.

i say every 2 years like this one.

if they can't pollish and direct in the direction it needs with the extra year they have then it's just time to rest it for good or have a reboot.

1 game per 4 years is just wasted time at this point.

they are to far in the franshise for such long gaps. the way it's set with the MD being more or less in our own time makes it more difficult to have them continue in the comics only without a game to bring us forward. it kinda needs a game every 2 years to keep things up more easy.

Every other major franchise brings out games at that interval. Nothing about it is a stretch. Besides if only one studio is involved, that better be the least amount of time they take to make the game.

LoyalACFan
05-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Every other major franchise brings out games at that interval. Nothing about it is a stretch. Besides if only one studio is involved, that better be the least amount of time they take to make the game.

Nah, 4-5 years is an unusually long interval. 2-3 is pretty common for most AAA titles. The only devs I know of who routinely wait more than 5 years between titles are CDPR, Rockstar and Bethesda, and Ubisoft has a hell of a lot larger staff than any of them.

crusader_prophet
05-18-2017, 12:19 AM
Nah, 4-5 years is an unusually long interval. 2-3 is pretty common for most AAA titles. The only devs I know of who routinely wait more than 5 years between titles are CDPR, Rockstar and Bethesda, and Ubisoft has a hell of a lot larger staff than any of them.

And all those developers have pumped out incredible games. Why can't UbiSoft follow the same footsteps, and not be greedy. Larger staff only gurantees that stuff will get done, but it does not warranty quality that comes from iterative improvements and brain-storming. And with the increasing complexity with games getting larger, more functionalities and things to do, I think 4-5 yrs is a resonable amount of time for large open world AAA games to take. Hence multiple IPs that can fill the gaps in between.

Helforsite
05-18-2017, 10:15 AM
And all those developers have pumped out incredible games. Why can't UbiSoft follow the same footsteps, and not be greedy. Larger staff only gurantees that stuff will get done, but it does not warranty quality that comes from iterative improvements and brain-storming. And with the increasing complexity with games getting larger, more functionalities and things to do, I think 4-5 yrs is a resonable amount of time for large open world AAA games to take. Hence multiple IPs that can fill the gaps in between.

Quality in terms of gameplay and story yes, in terms of glitches and optimization no.