PDA

View Full Version : I really cant recommend this game to anyone.

Arctic93Fox
02-09-2017, 07:55 PM
I honestly cant recommend this game to anyone... The core gameplay is amazing but there is some AMAZING flaws in this game that is beyond acceptable.

Glitchy UI, sometimes when you die you will freeze in the AI unable to press any buttons and the game goes on behind the scene and you are standing there "AFK" in your menu incapable of doing anything but pressing ALT F4.

Controller advantage. I mean i havent played much console games in my life, but i can tell you there is a MASSIVE difference between Controller and M/KB comparing How easy both are to eachother.

Peer to peer connection (OR WHAT EVER IS GOING ON) Everytime i win a game, something iffy happens like the game disconnects me... Every single time i have had a lead this have happened.. I have won 3/3 matches (wich is all i have been able to complete) I have like 10 games total where 7 of them have been disconnected when i am on the leading team. (no ****ing idea whats going on here)

Lack of tutorials or explenation on what is going on. Lack of "practice mode" having a viking whack at you isnt exactly something i'd call "Practice" mode... its more like "Can you dodge this guy enough) wich becomes rather easy after a couple of minutes.

There is no explonation of what the minions in dominion DOES other then pushing and capturing the point / keeping it neutral, wich is fine in it self.

I am really sure that the combat is "Skill based" being able to fight against 1v2 1v3 and keeping a lead. But currently i dont feel like there is a "counter" to "whack a mole" basically if you get the first slash on someone you can just keep hacking away and he will eventually fall over. If he is lucky enough to get away since you just tickled the bastard, well yeah

Personally i would also preffer that the game showed us the Available armor looks in the game so that we could look forward or aim toward a certain items. or something... i find it more exciting knowing what i can work toward then getting "RNG" lootboxes that could be everything but good without knowing what is the potential in the gear.

Honestly tho, the game is fine... aslong as i didnt have to DC every ****ing game i tried to join.... I want to actually play the game, not deal with some salty rage quitter and get disconnected to main menu.

Gambitsis
02-09-2017, 08:03 PM
Get it on PS4. No issues here.

Arctic93Fox
02-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Get it on PS4. No issues here.

are you gonna get me that ps4 then? if so then np :P

D3RP-Vagrant
02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
I honestly cant recommend this game to anyone... The core gameplay is amazing but there is some AMAZING flaws in this game that is beyond acceptable.

Glitchy UI, sometimes when you die you will freeze in the AI unable to press any buttons and the game goes on behind the scene and you are standing there "AFK" in your menu incapable of doing anything but pressing ALT F4.
I've not experienced this, so I can not speak to it personally.

Controller advantage. I mean i havent played much console games in my life, but i can tell you there is a MASSIVE difference between Controller and M/KB comparing How easy both are to eachother.
Definitely a controller advantage, this game was designed to be played on a controller, that being said, I would not recommend making any changes to the mechanics. There really isn't any change that can be made here that would be productive.

Peer to peer connection (OR WHAT EVER IS GOING ON) Everytime i win a game, something iffy happens like the game disconnects me... Every single time i have had a lead this have happened.. I have won 3/3 matches (wich is all i have been able to complete) I have like 10 games total where 7 of them have been disconnected when i am on the leading team. (no ****ing idea whats going on here)
Also can't speak to this, haven't had any problems with connection issues.

Lack of tutorials or explenation on what is going on. Lack of "practice mode" having a viking whack at you isnt exactly something i'd call "Practice" mode... its more like "Can you dodge this guy enough) wich becomes rather easy after a couple of minutes.
This one really can't be a valid argument. There are tutorial videos explaining the move sets, how to use them, and a practice mode to put them into practice. Of all your arguments, this one holds the least weight.

There is no explonation of what the minions in dominion DOES other then pushing and capturing the point / keeping it neutral, wich is fine in it self.
Minions are just fodder to push through to move the B objective forward, without heroes there pushing the line, they will be at a stalemate. Your heroes presence, boost their morale, and some of your buffs boosts that greater. The higher a minion's morale, they better they fight, the faster they push, and the quicker the enemy minions will call a retreat.

I am really sure that the combat is "Skill based" being able to fight against 1v2 1v3 and keeping a lead. But currently i dont feel like there is a "counter" to "whack a mole" basically if you get the first slash on someone you can just keep hacking away and he will eventually fall over. If he is lucky enough to get away since you just tickled the bastard, well yeah.

This is entirely incorrect. "slashing and hacking" away is not skill based - if someone is doing that to you and you can't defend against them, you need to practice your defense techniques, because this will not happen to you if you're using the defend mechanics to the best of your ability (dodges, counters, parries, and of course the basic block)

Personally i would also preffer that the game showed us the Available armor looks in the game so that we could look forward or aim toward a certain items. or something... i find it more exciting knowing what i can work toward then getting "RNG" lootboxes that could be everything but good without knowing what is the potential in the gear.

Honestly tho, the game is fine... aslong as i didnt have to DC every ****ing game i tried to join.... I want to actually play the game, not deal with some salty rage quitter and get disconnected to main menu.

Playing on PC here, figured I'd put in my two cents. Hope your connection issues get better. This game is awesome, and can't wait to have the full version in my hands. :D

BWC-Corralis
02-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Well, I don't get the disconnects, maybe that's just your ****ty internet I don't know but I have been playing for 4 hours now straight and havn't had a single disconnect or anyone drop my game's at all.

I do agree with you on the controller point mind. I played the closed beta with M+KB and instantly went out and bought myself a brand new Razer Controller. I'm glad to report that my 100 was not wasted because this game is far, far better with a controller in hand (something I would normally not say about any other game).

As for the rest of your complaints, it's simply a matter of practice, patience's and a lot of skill, you will get better and you will learn to be able to fight multiple enemies (or at the very least, keep them at bay until back-up can arrive).

I absolutly recommend this game, it's so much fun I can't put it into words.

Tronny666
02-09-2017, 08:45 PM
I played during the last closed alpha and beta with keyboard and mouse and i must tell you that the block with mouse is just horrible!!! its so unresponsive and laggy, , and i never noticed until i switched to a controller, its 10 times better!! never lags, pin point.
You cant tell how inaccurate it is until you switch.