PDA

View Full Version : Vikings are OP and have been since the closed alpha

NewKingsReign
02-09-2017, 07:23 PM
No other class of soldiery has the advantages the Vikings have, more specifically the Warlord and Berserker.

The Warlord can stun-lock with his shield bash and then attack repeatedly

The Berserker can attack and grab faster than most characters can attack or react, unless you spam the grab button I suppose and then even still

Of course this is just my opinion

PS I might add that the Raider's tackle ability seems like another OP ability but that could be attributed the Lawbringer and Conqueror as well

---PPS i'd like to recant all of this and lay the OP-ness solely on the shield wielding characters and their ability to stun lock. Also the salt in these forums is unreal

davedxd
02-09-2017, 07:26 PM
bad player crying instead of adapting or learning the game, nothing to see here too guys..

Ragnar---
02-09-2017, 07:29 PM
No other class of soldiery has the advantages the Vikings have, more specifically the Warlord and Berserker.

The Warlord can stun-lock with his shield bash and then attack repeatedly

The Berserker can attack and grab faster than most characters can attack or react, unless you spam the grab button I suppose and then even still

Of course this is just my opinion

Good luck getting any discussion on this cesspit of a forum. Alls people will say is 'git gud'.

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Oh, look. It's mister "Guard-breaks ruined my marriage", here to explain his infinite knowledge on gameplay.

pppever
02-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Good luck getting any discussion on this cesspit of a forum. Alls people will say is 'git gud'.

git gut

Ragnar---
02-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Oh, look. It's mister "Guard-breaks ruined my marriage", here to explain his infinite knowledge on gameplay.

Kind of a sad existence that you follow me into other threads.

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Kind of a sad existence to camp forums for a game you hate.

Ragnar---
02-09-2017, 07:56 PM
I love this game. You however have 555 post in a month. So talk less about camping forums, weeb.

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Well, I surely can't win this argument. Oh, jeez. He's caught me, I post a lot on forums. Man. However will I recover from this sick nasty burn.

I mean, I counter guard-breaks, so there's that, at least.

AHelmer
02-09-2017, 08:17 PM

Agreed.

Your name reminds me of this one Troll on the MWO forums. Guy was nothing but a downer, uninformed opinions, hilariously bad ideas. Just a real loser named Victor Morson. I don't know how many times he said over the years the game was over and done with.

Just struck me as funny, as you're such a rainbow of sunshine.

Maljas
02-09-2017, 08:18 PM

Even when "git gud" is the actually the problem here?

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Shh. Don't say that. Implying a lack of skill is the problem is not a fair argument. I'm sure he tries his hardest, it's obviously just bad game mechanics that explains why he doesn't win 100% of his fights.

randomjoe123
02-09-2017, 08:36 PM
People say it because honestly it's true. Literally everything in the game is counterable (Other than Warden's shoulder bash, which I am very surprised hasn't been nerfed yet).

It's true that different things take varying levels of skill to respond to... but it's hard to argue that that shouldn't be true. The fact that everything is counterable is why people first say "Git gud". An enormous percentage of the time that is actually the problem. It's not because people are ****s.

Warlord can be problematic certainly, but his head bash range got nerfed, which matters kind of a lot. If you play keep away with him he has a really hard time now. You can also dodge the headbutt (although the window is pretty small).

Berserker might be deflect guard breaking you, which is uncounterable. It's their unique parry.

ThePollie
02-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Warden's shoulder charge is pretty garbage, honestly. Just dodge to the side and punish it. It's honestly really lackluster as far as character-specific specials go. It's only useful against new players and people with slow reflexes.

NewKingsReign
02-10-2017, 10:20 AM
warlord cannot stun lock. you can dash or roll out.

berserker runs himself out of stamina with infinite combo and it stops when you block it. heavies are very VERY obvious on startup and easy to parry. GB time is IDENTICAL for every character across the board.

your clouded perception is not indicative of how the game ACTUALLY works. go into custom match, start your bots at lv 1, and duel until you think you're ready for the next level. play AS the characters that give you trouble and watch how the computer counters you as the different classes. this will teach you the weaknesses of a given character.

this is a fighting game, and like all fighting games, you have to give it time so you can learn the nuance. you have to actually PRACTICE. you think jwong and Daigo used to get prepped for evo by playing other games? hell no, they practiced their asses off.

lol its pretentious to assume that my observations are a reflection of my time played, or aptitude and I have no idea who you're referencing.

NewKingsReign
02-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Shh. Don't say that. Implying a lack of skill is the problem is not a fair argument. I'm sure he tries his hardest, it's obviously just bad game mechanics that explains why he doesn't win 100% of his fights.

lol these strawman implications, you could man a castle with them. It's like everything is an argument with you lol

NewKingsReign
02-10-2017, 10:25 AM
People say it because honestly it's true. Literally everything in the game is counterable (Other than Warden's shoulder bash, which I am very surprised hasn't been nerfed yet).

It's true that different things take varying levels of skill to respond to... but it's hard to argue that that shouldn't be true. The fact that everything is counterable is why people first say "Git gud". An enormous percentage of the time that is actually the problem. It's not because people are ****s.

Warlord can be problematic certainly, but his head bash range got nerfed, which matters kind of a lot. If you play keep away with him he has a really hard time now. You can also dodge the headbutt (although the window is pretty small).

Berserker might be deflect guard breaking you, which is uncounterable. It's their unique parry.

Not so, with the Warden at the very least you can be hit while dodging left or right and you can still be hit with the Warlord's head-butt if you dodge back. This is not always true for the lighter classes I've noticed.

NewKingsReign
02-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Believe it or not I really like this game too lol Excuse me for having criticisms I guess

Zaalogg
02-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Well, I surely can't win this argument. Oh, jeez. He's caught me, I post a lot on forums. Man. However will I recover from this sick nasty burn.

I mean, I counter guard-breaks, so there's that, at least.

Dudes like you add nothing usefull to the forum/world...why dont you just shut up or give him advices to get better?
"git Gud" in beeing a better humen...