PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific rumor....

tmdgm1
03-08-2004, 09:29 AM
I know everyone is still pumped for AEP, but I can't get this pacific rumor that I heard out of my mind. Supposedly release if fall 04. Don't know anything else besides that.

What else has anyone heard? Is it real or just a rumor? Is it new or use IL2 engine?

I suppose my main concern is I was planning on upgrading my computer once BOB came out as it runs FB fine. However, not being able to run an Oleg Pacific sim would kill me.

P3 933
512 sdram pc 133
geforce 4 ti 4200 128 mb
audigy gamer
win me

tmdgm1
03-08-2004, 09:29 AM
I know everyone is still pumped for AEP, but I can't get this pacific rumor that I heard out of my mind. Supposedly release if fall 04. Don't know anything else besides that.

What else has anyone heard? Is it real or just a rumor? Is it new or use IL2 engine?

I suppose my main concern is I was planning on upgrading my computer once BOB came out as it runs FB fine. However, not being able to run an Oleg Pacific sim would kill me.

P3 933
512 sdram pc 133
geforce 4 ti 4200 128 mb
audigy gamer
win me

JR_Greenhorn
03-08-2004, 09:34 AM
I have heard that the Pacific theatre was rumoured to be the location of the projet that Luthier announced, but reading this forum would lead one to believe that it is Mr. Maddox's project instead. Maybe Luthier or someone that helps with his projects knows the real story. Either way, the rumoured Pacific theatre will likely be the last installment using the Il-2/FB engine.

I do know that Oleg has promised to go to the Mediterranian theatre with the BoB engine after BoB is released.

1.JaVA_Razer
03-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Luthiers project is kind of off-limits and top-secret but we all hope/ think it'll be a Pacific thing.
What we do know is:
-It will use a reworked version of the IL2 engine.
-It will be backwards compatible with IL2:FB/AEP SO you will be able to fly the "old" planes
-It'll be great http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tmdgm1
03-08-2004, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by razer3:
Luthiers project is kind of off-limits and top-secret but we all hope/ think it'll be a Pacific thing.
What we do know is:
-It will use a reworked version of the IL2 engine.
-It will be backwards compatible with IL2:FB/AEP SO you will be able to fly the "old" planes
-It'll be great http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Reworked version". Wonder how that will be on FPS for lower end systems. Anybody else heard anything?

JR_Greenhorn
03-08-2004, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by razer3:
-It will be backwards compatible with IL2:FB/AEP SO you will be able to fly the "old" planes<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is this for sure? I have heard some discussion about whether or not this would be the case. I understand that there is a lot of additional work to go back and update the old planes if changes are made, like adding carrier routines, for instance.

I think overwhelmingly folks here want to see the planes, maps, and objects carrried into the next project, but have they confirmed if this is deemed to be worth the work involved?

1.JaVA_Razer
03-08-2004, 01:54 PM
I think the system requirements will be the same just that the high end systems will get better graphics.
and maybe some nice weathering maybe? Hint oleg,Hint http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif(raindrops)