PDA

View Full Version : Who runs this game?

Einherjar25
02-09-2017, 03:40 AM
I want to know if every single multiplayer game that Ubisoft gets out is run by the same people. The reason why, is that I tried Rainbow six siege this weekend and really liked it BUT; it is absolutly PLAGUED with cheaters. I researched it online and it pretty much confirmed what I already knew. Not only that, apparently the Rainbow six team DOESN'T punish cheaters aggresively. So I didn't buy the game. It's a shame really but I really liked the tactical aspect of it. This is this is the reason behind this post. If For honor is going to have the same policies regarding cheating then Rainbow Six, I will not be puting any moeny in it. So if anybody could help me out with that. Thank you!

tcs1991.ts
02-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Actually starting mid last year Ubisoft got super aggressive about cheating. The first wave of permanent bans totalled over 3800, and from what I know since I have a few buddies you get a permanent ban on the first offense.

So are you sure you aren't mistaking skill for 'cheating'?

Einherjar25
02-09-2017, 04:20 AM
Actually starting mid last year Ubisoft got super aggressive about cheating. The first wave of permanent bans totalled over 3800, and from what I know since I have a few buddies you get a permanent ban on the first offense.

So are you sure you aren't mistaking skill for 'cheating'?

I understand there is alot of player who are bad and think people are cheating but trust me, this is not the case. I have been playing online games for 20 years and have gotten pretty good at figuring out cheaters, especially in 1st person shooters! It's nice to know Ubisoft are suppose to pursue cheating aggresively ,but If you look around the forum, it's not what seems to be happening. For example, this player got caught cheating and got ban for "X" number of hours or days (Can't remember the time). To me, this is unacceptable. If a player gets caught cheating it's a perma-ban, period! This would keep everything clean and, if every company out there would do this, cheaters would get real tired of buying games and "losing" their money instantly with a 0 tolerance policy. If there is something that I like from Blizzard Entertainment it's this, althought I don't play their game anymore. Cheers.

tcs1991.ts
02-09-2017, 04:37 AM
https://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-253722-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Tillo.
02-09-2017, 04:46 AM
R6 has Battleye and Fairfight fighting against cheaters. At least they try, not like The Division where they ban a streamer for using no recoil cheat but then unban him cause he's got lots of followers...
You just need to play, get familiar with the maps and basically die a lot to get to know the game. Doubt people hack on casual matches.

Einherjar25
02-09-2017, 04:53 AM
https://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-253722-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Ok thx for that. :)

D_cover
02-09-2017, 05:12 AM
I would assume hacking becomes more of a problem over the free weekends. Hopefully Ubi use this as a way to find all the new hacks that are out there.

Durrty
02-09-2017, 12:05 PM
trying to tarnish For Honor devs with RB6 fk ups isn't right. If there is a issue with cheaters, start a campaign to get rid of cheaters... make a montage.... highlighting a problem from past tense wont assist you in future! Let it go, fam.... take some heads off

ausknipsr
02-09-2017, 12:18 PM
rainbow six is not "plagued with cheaters", at least not more than any other competitive multiplayer game, which requires a certain amount of skill and time played to get used to.
most of those players who call out cheaters just are not aware of the own mistakes they make/made.