PDA

View Full Version : UBISOFT help versus GAMESTOP!!!

Nicademusx
02-09-2017, 03:20 AM
No midnight release at gamestop !?!

tcs1991.ts
02-09-2017, 03:29 AM
No midnight release at gamestop !?!

Midnight releases are usually up to the store not so much the overall company. I have 2 GameStop's within 15 minutes of me. One is having a midnight release the other isn't.

Reignskream
02-09-2017, 03:36 AM
Gamestops in my area are veering away from the midnight releases, and just selling them 3 hours earlier at 9pm instead. This is by no means a complaint.

LucKy Devil53
02-09-2017, 04:59 AM
I work at a gamestop and only some midnight releases are mandatory. Cod for example draws a lot of business because its already an established franchise. For Honor being a new IP is kind of rough to do a midnight for. The company usually goes off pre orders and leaves it up to managers to do midnights. Like some one else stated gamestop is moving to releasing games at 9pm if the publisher allows it as well. As a huge fan of the game myself I hope we do one at my store.

D_cover
02-09-2017, 05:04 AM
The digital format is becoming more the norm which is probably playing a big part in it. I just bought my copy today on Uplay. Although I do miss the hype of midnight releases. The joy of going to different stores to find the smallest line and just the joking around with friends.

Although we stopped it since the PC market doesn't support physical copies as much the consoles do.

Saying that I think Uplay release around 11:00PM GMT

Nicademusx
02-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Ubisoft did such a great job marketing this game, seems like a midnight release would be mandatory. I do enjoy taking the day off work and starting my gaming at midnight instead of 10am, especially for long awaited games like this one.