PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make PK Great Again

Flello
02-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Although there's no official patch notes, it was clear to see in early streams that the PK bleed nerf was significant, to the point where it may not even viable anymore as the majority of damage was relied upon bleeds. I agree that it did indeed need a slight nerf, but I feel that it may have been a bit too much.

This is just my personal opinion from what I have seen so far. I shall save my full judgement until I have actually tested the changes myself, but thus far I'm slightly disappointed.

The_Quieter
02-08-2017, 09:17 PM
If your whole game centered around that grab and stab, then you need to... in the famous words of most gaming forums... Get good.

Flello
02-08-2017, 09:23 PM
If your whole game centered around that grab and stab, then you need to... in the famous words of most gaming forums... Get good.

Well I mentioned nothing about my game centred around it. I enjoyed playing the character, you apply bleeds then crack on with the rest of the duel, now it's looks as if it's not worth applying the bleeds at all. And I think the correct spelling is "git gud."

ThePollie
02-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I'm fine with it dealing a large amount of damage, just not as quickly as it does. It feels like it's little different from a standard attack.

They hit you, you bleed for 60 damage, and the damage comes so quickly it might as well have come immediately. It's only on huge stacks of bleeds that there's any meaningful time between the attack and when the bleed comes all the way through.

DraxeI
02-08-2017, 09:38 PM
The Peacekeeper still has plenty of tools to do really well without the massive damage from Grab & Stab™
It's still a nice feature to have to do a little bit of extra damage after a guardbreak. Now it's much more viable to perhaps do two stabs, cancel into throw against a wall and continue from there - as an example.

Flello
02-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Honestly, I'm fine with it dealing a large amount of damage, just not as quickly as it does. It feels like it's little different from a standard attack.

They hit you, you bleed for 60 damage, and the damage comes so quickly it might as well have come immediately. It's only on huge stacks of bleeds that there's any meaningful time between the attack and when the bleed comes all the way through.

A change to bleed out time would've been more welcome, even on top of a slight nerf, I wouldn't mind that instead of what they have in place currently. When you bleed an opponent, it puts pressure on them, which could lead to them making mistakes. The bleed now doesn't look significant enough to make them feel that pressure.

ThePollie
02-08-2017, 09:42 PM
The bleed just doesn't feel any different from a heavy strike. The damage comes in so fast, it doesn't feel like the pressure a DoT applies. Why feel pressure? It comes in so fast you can't possibly do anything about it, so you might as well ignore it.

If it took a while longer to fully apply the damage, I'd feel more inclined to do something before it could, but right now that sense of urgency just isn't there.

Waynedetta40k
02-08-2017, 09:43 PM
From what i have seen so far

Side Heavy + unblockable > 3 Stabs.

This is kinda ridiculous because it makes the 3 Stabs basicially useless because there is a move in the same situation which is outright better.

The grab + 3 stabs needs an overhaul imo a good way to balance it would be giving the player options different options after the grab, I just pull out some numbers so you can get an idea of how I would balance it the numbers are only there to show how much damage one attack could do proportional to another:

So after the grab you have options:
(1 Option) Lets say the Heavy + unblockable does 100 dmg just to get an easy number
(2 Option)Then let the first stab be unblockable and do 50 DMG. the second stab comes with a small block window for the grabbed guy and does another 50 dmg, the last stab comes with an even bigger block window for the opponent and does another 50 dmg. Now you have 1.5 times the dmg the "safe" attack would do but with the risk of doing only 0,5 times the dmg possible, ofc this numbers need testing and tweaking you could set different varations here the point is to have a "Risk vs Reward" Option.
(3 Option) With a mixture of Option 2 but reduce the recovery time after the PK throws people off to ensure atleast a light attack gets in if the enemy is thrown into a wall

The bleed just doesn't feel any different from a heavy strike. The damage comes in so fast, it doesn't feel like the pressure a DoT applies. Why feel pressure? It comes in so fast you can't possibly do anything about it, so you might as well ignore it.

If it took a while longer to fully apply the damage, I'd feel more inclined to do something before it could, but right now that sense of urgency just isn't there.

This is so true and just enforces an overhaul of the grab + 3 stabs ...

DrExtrem
02-08-2017, 09:52 PM
You have not even played the new version yet.

MulleDK19
02-08-2017, 09:54 PM
You fail to realize that GB is not meant as a one-kill move. It's meant as another move to throw into the mix. Saying it's useless now is just plain ******ed. If your opponent blocks your attack, you throw a GB into the mix instead; don't rely on GB to win, which it truly sounds like you did.

Waynedetta40k
02-08-2017, 09:58 PM
You fail to realize that GB is not meant as a one-kill move. It's meant as another move to throw into the mix. Saying it's useless now is just plain ******ed. If your opponent blocks your attack, you throw a GB into the mix instead; don't rely on GB to win, which it truly sounds like you did.

Have you the ability to read and understand or am I just totaly wrong that its a useless move when iam saying that it will be replaced by a side + heavy + unblockable which deals just more dmg in the exact same situation?
How is this disscussion supposed to be somewhat constructive when people come in still mad about getting rekt by PK's last beta therefore not reading or just giving useless comments.

Much wow such community

Sauronbaine
02-08-2017, 09:58 PM
How about we dont rebuff the Pk, leave her as is, and focus on content and other balancing?

PK was overused in the closed beta. Reason because was her grab did 3 bars of Hp to a heavy.

SpazzMaticuz
02-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Hey look! A peacekeeper that can't abuse guard break and has to use other combos as well! What a loser...

Flello
02-08-2017, 10:08 PM

This is kinda ridiculous because it makes the 3 Stabs basicially useless because there is a move in the same situation which is outright better.

The grab + 3 stabs needs an overhaul imo a good way to balance it would be giving the player options different options after the grab, I just pull out some numbers so you can get an idea of how I would balance it the numbers are only there to show how much damage one attack could do proportional to another:

So after the grab you have options:
(1 Option) Lets say the Heavy + unblockable does 100 dmg just to get an easy number
(2 Option)Then let the first stab be unblockable and do 50 DMG. the second stab comes with a small block window for the grabbed guy and does another 50 dmg, the last stab comes with an even bigger block window for the opponent and does another 50 dmg. Now you have 1.5 times the dmg the "safe" attack would do but with the risk of doing only 0,5 times the dmg possible, ofc this numbers need testing and tweaking you could set different varations here the point is to have a "Risk vs Reward" Option.
(3 Option) With a mixture of Option 2 but reduce the recovery time after the PK throws people off to ensure atleast a light attack gets in if the enemy is thrown into a wall

This is so true and just enforces an overhaul of the grab + 3 stabs ...

100 times this. If it remains in its current state it isn't really worth performing the combo at all. I completely agree to a rework of the triple stab

In what world does this GB one shot? The combo itself is pretty much useless now, it's probably worth landing a heavy attack after a GB rather than going for the triple stab. It was a little OP before, and now it's painfully underpowered and needs a rework.

Waynedetta40k
02-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Guys its not about buffing or nerfing Pk
Please reread.

Flello
02-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Please remember guys that this is just my opinion, and that I'm saving full judgement until I get to personally test the changes for myself. I just wanted to voice my opinion and also hear the constructive opinions of others whether you agree or disagree

killum78
02-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Id like to say i have seen a lot of people say the grab and stab 3 times move is unblock able BUT i have blocked the stabs before after seeing a bot do it and i have had players do it to me. Still it was a little bit of a cheap mechanic i felt and only used it occasionally i preferred the more satisfying to pull off counter bleed move.

Ragnar---
02-08-2017, 11:04 PM
No. :rolleyes:

Kintoun
02-08-2017, 11:07 PM

The grab + 3 stabs needs an overhaul imo

This man gets it. I completely agree with him.

There is only ONE SITUATION where stabbing is useful. GB > Stab > Stab > Throw into wall stun > Dashing Thrust into Deep Gouge. PK is simply not worth playing over other classes who deal the same damage, have higher health pools. PK has what? Speed now that's it? Orochi and Berserker have that AND more. PK lost what made her unique.

Waynedetta40k
02-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Id like to say i have seen a lot of people say the grab and stab 3 times move is unblock able BUT i have blocked the stabs before after seeing a bot do it and i have had players do it to me. Still it was a little bit of a cheap mechanic i felt and only used it occasionally i preferred the more satisfying to pull off counter bleed move.

About the block, it seems this was a glitch and not intended. Thats what I read on reddit but noone is quite sure about it.

killum78
02-08-2017, 11:21 PM
About the block, it seems this was a glitch and not intended. Thats what I read on reddit but noone is quite sure about it.

Well if it was it should of been the way to have it because it was a good counter to that move since it would cancel you out of it after the block.

Nikalay_II
02-08-2017, 11:43 PM

Not really. Her playstyle is kinda centered around that tactic. It is even advertised in the advanced ingame video. You dash stab in, grab, stab, get out...basically. Bleeds is her thing, you can stab, bleed, riposte, bleed, grab bleed. you stack bleeds ...keep distance, jump in, get out...therefore she has dots. cuz shes not constantly in your face. But hey ...you could also just counter grab her ..but that'd be too hard apparently.

Waynedetta40k
02-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Not really. Her playstyle is kinda centered around that tactic. It is even advertised in the advanced ingame video. You dash stab in, grab, stab, get out...basically. Bleeds is her thing, you can stab, bleed, riposte, bleed, grab bleed. you stack bleeds ...keep distance, jump in, get out...therefore she has dots. cuz shes not constantly in your face. But hey ...you could also just counter grab her ..but that'd be too hard apparently.

Well you could just parry into an uncounterable grap and therefore the 3x stab dmg was actually to much it was like 2 Healthbars (Not half health or 75% what others are try to tell everyone in here lol). That means you kill someone after 3 parrys which is ridiculous. Therefore a nerf was justified imho but I think the way it is now is still ****ty.
I could be wrong I was not playing CB to much and I have not even set on a main yet. But shes my fav even if she stays weak for a few weeks I wont abondon her beause of that ;p

Nikalay_II
02-08-2017, 11:57 PM
You can always do something uncounterable into something else with any class ...doesnt mean it has to be nerfed to the ground.But we'll see how it goes.