PDA

View Full Version : Question on Desmond and the Vault in AC2

Ezio_-_Auditore
02-08-2017, 07:55 PM
How did Lucy know about the Vault in Sequence 7, Memory 1. At the time, Desmond had not yet relived that specific memory. Furthermore, in that same memory, after the Lucy mentions the Vault to Desmond, he responds by saying "So you're after the Codex and the Vault". How did Desmond know what the Vault was? At that time, he shouldn't have had a clue what Lucy was talking about.

strigoi1958
02-08-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm not big on the MD (Modern Day) or story line, I just like to play as the protagonists, Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward (Haytham :) ) etc....

So anyway, I'm guessing it's one of those "fill-in-the-blanks" moments that appear in films, books and stories.... it is up to the audience to figure out a way that something happened that they find acceptable.

Without knowing much about it... I could quickly guess a few possible ways.... Desmond is not the first person he's Subject something so any of the previous subjects may have come across information about the vault at sometime before without actually finding it or exploring it... so although Desmond had no prior knowledge maybe subject 1 to subject 15 did... and that way Lucy and the team would already know.

Desmond may not have actually known what the vault was, but as he was concerned only about the codex, maybe he was wondering why Lucy was interested in both... he could talk about the vault without actually knowing what the vault was...

It's possible during a briefing before that possible targets or points of interest of great importance were mentioned, just in case they ever surface during a memory... So a vault, or codex or piece of eden or artifact or specific templars may have been brought up previously.

Lucy could have been a Templar spy and had been in the Templar animus looking for the vault.... Desmond realised her mistake in mentioning the vault and went along with it, then killed her later... but was consumed with guilt because he didn't get enough proof before he killed her.

There are lots of possible explanations but it's like in films when they say, we're in London and we need to get to the Pyramids and the next moment they are in Cairo... we don't know how they got there we fill in the blank that they flew or went by ship.... if every detail was put in, it would take forever to tell a story.

It only follows that Desmond and Lucy shouldn't have had that conversation if we had been with them 24 hours a day non stop and had seen that no mention of a vault ever took place but as they have multiple times to have conversations when we do not see them, it is logical to assume that something had been said before and it was not important enough to be in the story line.

Sometimes stories are edited and small parts that get cut may have a small piece of information that we need, but as I said, most times we fill in the blanks. :)

Ezio_-_Auditore
02-08-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm not big on the MD (Modern Day) or story line, I just like to play as the protagonists, Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward (Haytham :) ) etc....

So anyway, I'm guessing it's one of those "fill-in-the-blanks" moments that appear in films, books and stories.... it is up to the audience to figure out a way that something happened that they find acceptable.

That's an interesting take on it. I suppose I was just looking for some concrete reasoning as why it was mentioned so early. Apparently a lot of Assassins Creed plot is retconned in later on (especially regarding Ezio and Altair), so its possible that when I replay those games ill find something that i missed. (haven't played the later games in years)

strigoi1958
02-08-2017, 09:07 PM
The only "WHAT!!!!!" moment for me is when Ezio talks to Desmond.... Desmond was born hundreds of years later AND this is just re-living a memory.... That means Ezio knew that after he dies, someone would access his life and so he was talking before anyone was there to listen 8^O

Ureh
02-09-2017, 03:45 AM
My memory is unreliable so I can't give a definite answer at this time. But let's see...

In Sequence 4 (or was it 3?) where Ezio decides not to leave for Spain and vows to continue his father's work, Mario informs Ezio about the codex pages, the prophet, and the vault.

In the beginning of one of the later Sequences, either 10 or 11, Ezio mentions to Leonardo that Mario knew about a hidden vault and told him about it years ago. This is when Ezio realizes that the Templars are searching for it as well.

If I were to take a guess it might've also been partially revealed in the Codex pages... and possibly some obscure hints to it in S16's glyphs.