PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Maps and Only British Voices Problem...

drsmith
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I installed the AEP, and it runs smoothly. I have downloaded the Battle of Britian from Netwings. Problem # 1: When I go to Single Missions and select any mission from BOB, like September 26, 1940, I get a mission description that states "Defend Southampton". I click the brief and get a description of the action to occur over the British coast. However, the map to the left shows the Gulf of Finland. I click "Fly" and, sure enough, the flight is over the Gulf of Finland. No Great Britian in the Battle of Britian. This is true with all missions in BOB. Also, when I play Quick Missions, (example) and select Germany as friendly and Russia as hostile...all voice over the intercom is in British. No matter what countries I select as combatants, the intercom voice is British. Can someone give me some advice to solve these problems? Thanks.

drsmith
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I installed the AEP, and it runs smoothly. I have downloaded the Battle of Britian from Netwings. Problem # 1: When I go to Single Missions and select any mission from BOB, like September 26, 1940, I get a mission description that states "Defend Southampton". I click the brief and get a description of the action to occur over the British coast. However, the map to the left shows the Gulf of Finland. I click "Fly" and, sure enough, the flight is over the Gulf of Finland. No Great Britian in the Battle of Britian. This is true with all missions in BOB. Also, when I play Quick Missions, (example) and select Germany as friendly and Russia as hostile...all voice over the intercom is in British. No matter what countries I select as combatants, the intercom voice is British. Can someone give me some advice to solve these problems? Thanks.

bird_brain
04-01-2004, 10:13 AM
To solve this problem, you have to use your imagination. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The BoB campaign is a hypothetical situation using the tools available. To put it bluntly, there is no British Map and Extreme_one & Poymando have tried to suspend your disbelief for just a few minutes by "pretending" we have a few.

The British voices are overwrites of the stock tracks. To cut them off, I believe you only have to disable in flight music.

http://hstrial-jyarbrough.homestead.com/Jug.jpg

"Go in close, and then when you think you are too close, go on in closer."
Major Tommy McGuire, USAAF ~ 38 victories in the PTO

JR_Greenhorn
04-01-2004, 10:17 AM
These are called "workarounds." There are no maps for Great Britain (yet), so mission builders must resort to using existing FB maps that resemble the areas they wish to sim.

Chuck_Older
04-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Another thing to remember is you did not download "Battle Of Britain" by Maddox games

You downloaded "Battle OVER Britain"

Battle over Britain by Extreme_One and Poymando is not the BoB sim that is being developed by Maddox games. I note this to avoid confusion http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

In my BoverB install, when I shut off inflight music, the 'chatter' goes away.

This is also why I hear it sometimes in menus

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash