PDA

View Full Version : Character Not Restricted by Faction?

Hand_of_Tyr
02-08-2017, 03:27 PM
So based on what I've heard, you can fight for one of the Factions, but can still choose any character. So you can be a "Knight", but actually play a Shugoki or a Berserker.

I both understand this, and find it a bit disappointing. Yes, limiting yourself to four characters because you chose a given faction does feel a bit narrow. But playing an Orochi for the "Knights" feels...less immersive? Like it's breaking from the established setting and lore?

Balancing between aesthetic consistency and good gameplay is tough. What do y'all think?

Anthony_Fantano
02-08-2017, 05:21 PM
This is huge debate between the community. Personally I feel there should be modes for both kinds of play but that's just me. Obviously, like you said, you shouldn't be restricted to 4 characters. But it also feels like it runs completely against the lore of the game. I feel having a sort of hardcore mode where you fight with your faction would be neat and satisfy both sides.

HarambeVendetta
02-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Wars could last for weeks , ,people like that idea now, but trust me they would hate the fact, that they can't play the other 8 characters even if they wanted to just after a few days.

Hand_of_Tyr
02-08-2017, 05:52 PM
I like the idea of there being two modes of gameplay - the mode in which you're fighting in the Faction War itself, and are restricted to the heroes of that faction, and a Free Mode in which you can just play around with whatever you want.

But I still know almost nothing about the game, so my ideas are probably out of touch with how it's been designed.

Kyral99
02-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Maybe they should have made the MP between the Apollyon sympathisers and those who wish to stop her. Seeing how in game it's red vs blue most of the time anyway.

ThePollie
02-08-2017, 06:26 PM
I play Warden almost exclusively (Lawbringer once it's out), and fight for the Knights.

Weeb trash and heathen boat-owners will all die.

Deus Vult.

Gensui.Musashi
02-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Can i really pick vikings and still play orochi? Because that didnt work in the closed beta, or did i miss something

Kyral99
02-08-2017, 06:51 PM
I guess you missed something then... :-/

Gensui.Musashi
02-08-2017, 06:52 PM
I guess you missed something then... :-/

lol how does it work then?

ThePollie
02-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Yes, you can. Don't worry.

Your selected faction has no impact on character choice, you aren't limited.

Kyral99
02-08-2017, 07:18 PM
lol how does it work then?
If I remember correctly:
Starting the game for the first time, I was asked to choose my faction. I was then thrown into the tutorial as the vanguard of said faction.
But after that it was just:
choose game mode -> load match -> choose class-> start match -> ??? -> profit!

You could choose all available classes of all factions, even the ones you still have to unlock (but you can't get any items or xp for the locked ones... you could still test them out)
Okay in 2v2 you had to choose a class that wasn't choosen by your partner first.