PDA

View Full Version : Make ALT+TAB not break the Uplay overlay and put in Chromium

Raff_GreySabre
02-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Since you decided not to give me a functional web browser Ubisoft, I have to ALT+TAB out of Ubisoft games to find out information. For some unknown reason, when I go back into the game the overlay is broken and non functional. Now any decently intelligent company would implement a version of Chromium as it's free, open source and easy to use. Hell Steam rarely updates their version of Chromium but AT LEAST IT WORKS.

Just implement it please. Your overlay needs it. If it's too hard for you hire someone who knows how. It's probably my biggest complaint against Uplay, because if you want to continue to be a second class/second rate client then by all means but at least you should aware of that fact. If you aware of that fact and have been for some time then why the **** haven't you done anything about it yet?.

Ubi-Kay
02-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Hello. Thanks for the suggestion, it is something that is being considered.

Alt-Tabbing out of the game should not break the overlay however, could you provide more info? Is it happening on a specific game, are you running Fullscreen mode? You may also wish to follow up with the support team >>> https://support.ubi.com

Raff_GreySabre
02-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Hello. Thanks for the suggestion, it is something that is being considered.

Alt-Tabbing out of the game should not break the overlay however, could you provide more info? Is it happening on a specific game, are you running Fullscreen mode? You may also wish to follow up with the support team >>> https://support.ubi.com

It happens on every game that has support for the overlay. Doesn't matter whether it's fullscreen mode or borderless mode.

Ubi-Kay
02-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Hi again, we actually released an update today that overhauled the overlay. While it wasn't aimed at your specific issue, you might want to give it a try. Other than that I'd suggest following up with the support team who should be help.

Raff_GreySabre
02-10-2017, 06:41 AM
Hi again, we actually released an update today that overhauled the overlay. While it wasn't aimed at your specific issue, you might want to give it a try. Other than that I'd suggest following up with the support team who should be help.

Even though Ubisoft weren't particularly targeting my issue the issue is fixed. ALT+TAB doesn't break the overlay. Overlay looks better too, cleaner and neater :).