PDA

View Full Version : Remapping Controller?

n1_Symphony
02-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know if you'll be able to remap the controller in the open beta? I know that the previous alpha and beta didn't have the option... :/ Hence why I ask.

DemDemons
02-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Nop you can't...... Believe me I tried... But if we the community make enough noise we might make Ubi change that fact! So please write a thread about how they need to allow the ability to remap controller keys! Thank you!

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 01:28 AM
Did one or two of those threads so far. I'd love the ability to remap my button bindings, and I honestly don't understand how such an oversight can happen with a AAA game like this. I hope they already got this in the release candidate.

HohesHaus
02-12-2017, 01:32 AM
There was a thread from a guy who remapped the controller in open beta

Nomir2016
02-12-2017, 07:12 AM
I am also waiting for this, ingame remap option for controler must be one of top priorites !!!!
Some controls are terrible, sprint with xbox one controller is something painful, my finger hurts so much from pushing that stick, I want running fast as default.
I would like to see also option to set Guard Mode (LS) button toggle, instead of holding it whole time.
Also having quickchat at (LB) is vaste of useful button, especially at PC with controller.
And biggest nonsense I saw is the last Conqueror combo at controller, push RS back + hit X :D its not possible :D wtf?

So remap pls, hope it will be ready for Tuesday ;)

ilyfuzz
02-12-2017, 08:32 AM
you can, if you add uplay to steam as "non-steam game" then use big picture mode to remap. not the best solution but it works, just stick with keyboard bindings in for honor: so spacebar is dash, attack is LMB/RMB hope this helps

Alamil
02-17-2017, 02:07 AM
I have remapped the pad trought steam big pictures, but that is a little unstable, you lose some time you configuration and get an annoying kick due inactivity some time

PacTheManlyMan
02-17-2017, 02:19 AM
You can remap outside the game if you are on ps4/pc to get used to it before they bring in the option.

I dont think you can do the same with xbox tho.

Felis_Menari
02-17-2017, 08:06 AM
As far as I can tell there's just one function that could use some remapping, and that's guard break. Having to take my right thumb off its thumbstick to hit the X button is just fine for initiating guard breaks, but defending against them...yeah, I have serious issues with that, lol.

emoKittenCZ
02-17-2017, 09:17 AM
I like how someone asks if something is possible and a first respond is that is not possible, believe me, I have tried that - being completely wrong :D

For sure you can remap your gamepad settings and it was possible even in the beta the same way like it is now..

And it is even possible withot big picfure, just in the config. Ubi provided full guide how to do that, missing just one command for native xbox gamepad users, but other than that there is everything needed to know.

k1DBLITZ
02-24-2017, 03:50 PM
I would like to see also option to set Guard Mode (LS) button toggle, instead of holding it whole time.

Ummm.... there is an option to set guard mode to toggle. Look in the options, bro. ;)

Creohan
03-06-2017, 08:24 AM
*bump*
for controller remapping

teksuo1
03-06-2017, 08:48 AM
you can get the elite controller and use the xbox utilities app (win10) to remap things.
setting the analogs to aggressive feels good too!

Kelemdros
03-06-2017, 10:57 AM
With steam big picture you can

https://www.howtogeek.com/234427/how-to-remap-buttons-on-your-steam-controller/

(if you own the game outside steam add it to steam through library)

NomNomFabbo
03-06-2017, 11:28 AM
In case you have an xbox controller, there seem to be issues. If you use a PS4 controller, you can by modifying the legacycontroller.ini file or using the DS4 software.With the DS4 software you can also reduce the deadzone on the stick directions.

Kaijudub
03-06-2017, 11:55 AM
I find using the Nacon Revolution on the PS4 is pretty good for this kinda stuff.

ipm204
03-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Xbox One has a built in button remapping feature. So it will work for every single game.