PDA

View Full Version : Low Frame Rate (again...) in Unity

guessitwasme
02-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

I am a causual gamer and don't mind a frame rate of ~30 fps at all. I however bought a new PC for my studies and figured I should be able to play Unity now:

Windows Pro 64 Bit
AMD FX6300 6x ~3,5 GHz
16 GB RAM
Radeon RX 460

I get between 8 and 15 fps, which is very frustrating, even on low settings.

I thought it might help to patch the game (there have been some performance issues in the beginning, as I understand?), but neither can I see which version my game is in Uplay nor can I find a way to patch the game manually.

Anybody got an idea?

Cheers, Felix

GhostAssassinLT
02-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Hi.

There was a discussion about a similar case just recently, that you can read here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1554050-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-Low-Framerate

It seems like nVidia cards perform better with the AC series while other games may perform better with AMD (Radeon) cards.
A dumb suggestion for your next upgrade might be to get an nVidia card? :p (just kidding of course)

I hope you get your performance issues solved...

I'm getting a steady 60 fps in Unity @ Ultra High settings and 70-85 fps in Syndicate @ Ultra High with my GTX 1070.

strigoi1958
02-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Hi and welcome guessitwasme... I do like the rx460 but it is just slightly under the minimum requirements for Unity the same with your cpu. Unity surprised everyone with the required specs when it released but then the game is huge and very good looking with lots of npc's so a 4 Ghz cpu was required and a very good graphics card. There are a few things that can help AMD users and most are in the link that LasseThid kindly posted.

There is not a lot of performance change when going from ultra to low so the only other thing I can suggest is to lower resolution. if you set it to 1280 x 720 you should get an increase in fps which should make it run better and you should be able to play at medium or possibly high .... also the drop in resolution is not too noticeable...