PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Son (Possible Spoilers)

Sigma 1313
02-05-2017, 02:46 AM
I have to say that I am very disappointed that Desmond's Son will be introduced for the first time through a comic book, and even more so with him being a member of the Instruments of the First Will. I really expected him to be the modern day protagonist of the next game, kidnapped and raised by Templars and possibly learning of his Assassin Lineage and relation to Juno due to being a Sage.

I really wanted to see him defect from the Templars and have to deal with the inner struggle of choosing a side, being torn between the people who raised him, his family and lineage, and Juno, who he loves. That opened up so many great opportunities, and would lead to much more interesting character development than what Desmond had. He could finally be what modern day needs to be loved by everyone.

But no. Put him in a damn comic, and squander his potential.

Also, anyone notice that he looks to be about 15 in the single picture we have of him? Desmond was 16 when he ran away from the farm (2003), and in 2005 a woman he hooked up with was impregnated with his son. In Syndicate (2015), the boy couldn't have been more than 10. Even now in 2017, he'd only be about 12. Is it possible that we will see the Modern Day taking place in the future again?

Sajn12
02-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Well, we used to see every important moment of AC in games, but I think that putting these moments into novels and comics gives this franchise much more space and makes it much more valuable.
Well, playing for Desmond's son would be definitely epic, because we will still be playing for the same bloodline. But let him be captured by Abstergo? Not a chance. We've seen this before with Desmond and it would be cliche. Besides, Abstergo was planning to capture him, so everyone was expecting that. But no, we finally see, that things are very different than we thought and I am really looking forward, what happens next. Templars+Assassins vs. Instruments? Maybe.
Yeah that's quite curious. Even Galina and Charlotte have longer hair. And this holograph on the advertisment at the beginning of the comic... maybe this happens later than in 2017?

Sorrosyss
02-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Already discussing this in the comics thread;

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1389564-Assassin-s-Creed-Titan-Comics-Story-Analysis-amp-Discussion-(Spoilers)

There are two angles of him, and by all accounts he should be 12 at this point. I don't ascribe to the belief that there is a time jump, I still believe it is 2017 for reasons listed there.

As for the son himself, I am of the belief that he has already manifested as Aita. As such rather than a protagonist, the character looks to me to be shaping up to be an antagonist.

I know alot of people are against the very idea of having story in the comics, but for me personally I'd rather have some story development to enjoy to make the wait for the next game more bearable.

Sigma 1313
02-05-2017, 04:12 PM
That's an interesting point Sorrosyss. However that would make him one of the youngest sages yet. Every sage we've seen so far has been realized in adulthood. If he was realized in childhood, I can see him turning into the main antagonist rather than protagonist. While I was far more excited for the prospect of him having to choose between the three factions, I do think he's a far more interesting possible antagonist than anything we have so far.

SixKeys
02-06-2017, 01:19 AM
That's an interesting point Sorrosyss. However that would make him one of the youngest sages yet. Every sage we've seen so far has been realized in adulthood. If he was realized in childhood, I can see him turning into the main antagonist rather than protagonist. While I was far more excited for the prospect of him having to choose between the three factions, I do think he's a far more interesting possible antagonist than anything we have so far.

I was under the impression that the age of "awakening" varies a lot from Sage to Sage. Can't remember all that the lore has to say about them, so maybe I'm imagining all this, but I seem to recall that some of them had memories of their past life from a very early age while others lived a full life and died without ever learning their true identity.

D.I.D.
02-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Already discussing this in the comics thread;

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1389564-Assassin-s-Creed-Titan-Comics-Story-Analysis-amp-Discussion-(Spoilers)

There are two angles of him, and by all accounts he should be 12 at this point. I don't ascribe to the belief that there is a time jump, I still believe it is 2017 for reasons listed there.

Sorry for being lazy, and by all means ignore me if it's too much trouble to explain, but would you mind explaining why? The thread is huge and even the individual posts are massive.

(I do agree the idea of a time jump like the one for AC1-AC3 seems unlikely to be repeated, but I would think so for operational reasons rather than story reasons - i.e. Ubisoft wouldn't want to commit to a production schedule for the next [x] games that would definitely complete in, say, 2020.)

Sorrosyss
02-06-2017, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't ignore you - unless I missed your post! ;)

But yeah, difficult to give context unless I know you've been reading the comics, but Otso became the Black Cross only recently - and he has only just put together a suit for the job. That plus Galina is still training My'Shell. By all accounts, the time jump is only a few months at most.

And in fact, we had confirnation last night that Uprising #1 is in fact happening 'now' (February 2017).

D.I.D.
02-06-2017, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't ignore you - unless I missed your post! ;)

But yeah, difficult to give context unless I know you've been reading the comics, but Otso became the Black Cross only recently - and he has only just put together a suit for the job. That plus Galina is still training My'Shell. By all accounts, the time jump is only a few months at most.

And in fact, we had confirnation last night that Uprising #1 is in fact happening 'now' (February 2017).

Thanks!

I have not been reading the comics, no. I read some of the early ones, but I'm a bit picky about which comics I buy in general.

Maybe this is a good thing, anyway. If the comics are going to stay interesting to the fans, they need a major storyline that matters.

RVSage
02-06-2017, 04:03 PM
I hope Desmond's son turns out to be the new protagonist

Shahkulu101
02-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Woah, so Desmond's son is actually a thing now. Man I'm way out of the loop, used to pride myself on being a lore nerd, but wasn't invested enough by the time the comics came out, and that seems to be where the important bits happen now. Not that I'm complaining, people seem to enjoy the comics a lot, so I'm pleased for that.

Although it does seem a little lame he's a member of the Instruments of the First Will, but maybe they are actually pretty cool, just my impression from them going off AC4 is that they are deluded, subservient wackos, which to me doesn't make for an interesting character or faction of characters, but as I said, could be a lot more to them in the comics, and Dezzie's son probably rebels and becomes the hero.

In a way I'm just pleased they finally addressed "The sun, your son" thing from Brotherhood, because it was one of many story strands which seemed to get lost along the way. Replaying the series now, and it's always quite a melancholy experience, but the MD especially, because I loved the journey and was so invested in it and where it would end up, and it seemed to just fade from the series after AC3. So I'm playing the games, watching the MD plot unfold, knowing it's on a road to nowhere. Sorry, being too negative, you guys enjoy the comics, I'll continue being the old man who yells at the cloud! :p

NondairyGold
02-09-2017, 06:54 PM
I hope Desmond's son turns out to be the new protagonist

Me too, although I get the feeling that they're wrapping up the Desmond saga's loose ends in these comics. When the Uprising series closes we'll have the Templar and Assassin Orders back in equilibrium, the Phoenix Project will be destroyed and Juno will no longer be in the ether.

A new threat will arise, and our new playable character will probably be Sean Molly. This way they will be praised for their inclusivity of disabled characters and, at the same time, not have to worry about a "traditional" modern day section. As Sean is wheelchair bound, this will eliminate the need for any kind of parkour sections in the present.

SixKeys
02-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Although it does seem a little lame he's a member of the Instruments of the First Will, but maybe they are actually pretty cool, just my impression from them going off AC4 is that they are deluded, subservient wackos, which to me doesn't make for an interesting character or faction of characters, but as I said, could be a lot more to them in the comics, and Dezzie's son probably rebels and becomes the hero.

I don't follow the comics either, but apparently Desmond's son is a Sage which means he is Aita reborn. It makes perfect sense he would be a member of the Instruments of the First Will since they worship his Beloved, Juno. The others may be deluded wackos, but if he already possesses Aita's memories (which I don't know if he does), he's probably only interested in using them.

Shahkulu101
02-10-2017, 11:41 PM
I don't follow the comics either, but apparently Desmond's son is a Sage which means he is Aita reborn. It makes perfect sense he would be a member of the Instruments of the First Will since they worship his Beloved, Juno. The others may be deluded wackos, but if he already possesses Aita's memories (which I don't know if he does), he's probably only interested in using them.

Ah okay, that makes it more interesting then. Curious to see how things play out with his character actually.

berke7361
02-11-2017, 12:12 AM
Ah okay, that makes it more interesting then. Curious to see how things play out with his character actually.
Curious to see how things play out with his character actually.