PDA

View Full Version : On the fence

The_Quieter
02-03-2017, 02:51 PM
After the first test which remains under NDA so far as I know... and the second test which we can talk about I remain on the fence.

First up, I live and die by one or two classes in any game, the first one so far is the Conq but I feel the frustration that I noticed again and again on the forums and in the game. It's not that I feel the Conq is "under powered", could use a couple of extra moves in the toolbox in my opinion to mix things up a bit but power wise it's fine... It's that certain "other" classes makes it feel like there's nothing I can do.

I might get beat by a good Vanguard, I might meet my match against another Heavy, but even if I lose I feel like I was capable of fighting back. No so with Assassins. Even using some pretty "nifty" tricks like swing canceling with all block to catch somebody off guard felt like I was delaying things. It might be okay if I felt like Vanguards were the "go to" class for taking down Assassins but they're really not.

You can say "get good" but overtime you notice a trend, there are a lot of people playing Assassin and they're doing it for a reason, and there's a reason I didn't dread going up against Vanguards or other Heavies.

And that's what puts me on the fence... Let's say I'm totally right, Assassins need tuning, but there's always going to be one or two classes that are "superior", I'd even be willing to say that in the right situation that could be a Conq, but I feel like we're just going to be on an endless circle of flavor of the month with the die hard one or two class players like me riding the wave of being at the top and bottom or cruising the middle somewhere. That's true even if Assassins are fine as is and we just haven't learned enough to counter them yet, that's entirely possible.

Incidentally the other class I like is Lawbringer, but NDA applies there.

S8Canadian
02-03-2017, 03:17 PM
berserker was made way slower with his attacks. I saw somewhere someone thinks that went a little too far. I agree after hitting prestige 1 with berserker and trying the other. So I hope your talking about the samurai and knight assassins.

They are tough and I believe over represented (for a reason). Seen experienced players give reasons they are NOT OP though. Can you go into more detail on the assassins?

The_Quieter
02-03-2017, 04:35 PM
"Experienced players"

There are no experienced players yet :p I played enough to get P2-14 on the first test and P2-2 on the second test. If there is an experienced player for Conqs, I'm it and I would say I'm an utter and total noob.

Berserkers felt a little less overwhelming I do admit but then again they were not nearly as common. Orochi and PKs were a dime a dozen. Generally what you get however is this flurry of attacks that's hard to deal combined with unblockable moves that, at least in the case of the Orochi, won't ever be parried. The icon there for way too short a time to even consider it. Combined with guard breaks that are too easy to do vs how hard they are to counter and it feels like you just get spammed to death and you can't fight back.

People can scream "get good" all they want, but there's a reason Assassin classes were so prevalent, and it's not because that many people were attracted to them.

But you're missing the actual point. Whether or not Assassins are or are not what I say they are is not the point. The point is that I'm concerned it will be an endless meta-chase as balance is adjusted based on issues. People gravitate toward the most powerful class or classes, those classes get nerfed, they scream about all the "time they wasted only for it to get nerfed" then move on to the next class and repeat.