PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Question

FREEDOM from
02-02-2017, 08:17 PM
I have a quick question for the campaign, will you be able to choose any class to play? To my understanding there are 3 campaigns and you pick which faction you want to be. So if I pick the Knights am I stuck with the Warden the whole time or can I be a Conqueror? Also if i'm playing co-op does my buddy have to be the warden or another knight faction? Or can we play the Knight campaign and have 1 knight and 1 viking?

It makes sense to do faction restrictions for this, but it would be cool for me a knight and my friend a viking to run around kicking hiney.

ChivNoble-NFK
02-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I have a quick question for the campaign, will you be able to choose any class to play? To my understanding there are 3 campaigns and you pick which faction you want to be. So if I pick the Knights am I stuck with the Warden the whole time or can I be a Conqueror? Also if i'm playing co-op does my buddy have to be the warden or another knight faction? Or can we play the Knight campaign and have 1 knight and 1 viking?

It makes sense to do faction restrictions for this, but it would be cool for me a knight and my friend a viking to run around kicking hiney.

I think each mission has its own character. Because there was a mission with the warden and then a mission with the PK.

FREEDOM from
02-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Have you guys seen any co-op footage? I wonder if the next player has to play as that same character in the missions.

Would be cool if you could just do the whole campaign with anyone of the classes regardless of the mission.

Dez_troi_aR
02-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Interesting discussion going on here :D

not going to happen since the campaign has an actual story. Playing a viking who actually raid is hometown and kill his leaders is kind of silly unless there is a background and the viking you play is a traitor.( just an exemple)

Yes, exactly :D . It would be really strange if the Viking who is uniting the clans and raiding the dawn empire would be a orochi and for some reason noone would give a **** :,D . Or the Warden in service of darbeny from the knight mission was a big fat shugoki but everyone would just be like "yeah that warden really held the wall, awsome guy" :D

So here is what we know:
- The campaign has a MAIN character for every faction. That is the Warden, the Raider and the orochi (used to be the kensei but i at some point they changed that. I guess because they realized that a lot of casuals who are more interested in the campaing than in pvp would like to spend more time with the orochi than with the kensei )

- You will play the main character most of the time and the story is centered around him and the characters. You can tell that from some interviews and because of holden cross' words who is the knights' narrator saying a lot of fancy things like "and that is how i met the warden who would set me against all i held dear"(or something similar)

-We also know that the other chars will be playable. Jason V. once said in an old interview "Yeah, we are trying to show the other chars as much as possible" (but i guess the campaign was still in development because he did not brag about them beeing playable), but since we have the peacekeeper mission we know that they are (horrible gameplay in that mission btw, why didnt they give the controller to someone skilled?)
I guess they will be side characters which contribute to the story a little because they have voice actors and everything :)

HEre is what we do not know :

- We have seen zero coop footage. Absolutly none. We just know it is there. Player 2 could either just double the choice of player one, but i guess it is reasonable to assume that you can take a faction member of your choice.