PDA

View Full Version : Why controls remapping is not allowed on consoles?

bsftsfk
02-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Hey!
Controls are good enough, but i beleive a lot of players would like to change it a little. For example, i was playing for orochi mostly and it was very difficult to switch right thumb between dodging and blocking. I'd like to put dodging to "L1" instead of "X". May be something else, like guard break might be assigned to L1. etc.

Ubisoft, will you allow us to remap buttons? If not, could you simply explain why so?

In the worst case we can rely on ps4 "Accessibility" feature to remap buttons, but that would very undesirable way to go.

Thank you!

DBLxxShotz
02-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Hey!
Controls are good enough, but i beleive a lot of players would like to change it a little. For example, i was playing for orochi mostly and it was very difficult to switch right thumb between dodging and blocking. I'd like to put dodging to "L1" instead of "X". May be something else, like guard break might be assigned to L1. etc.

Ubisoft, will you allow us to remap buttons? If not, could you simply explain why so?

In the worst case we can rely on ps4 "Accessibility" feature to remap buttons, but that would very undesirable way to go.

Thank you!

Will this accessibility work on this game? Thats interesting.

BananaBlighter
02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Will this accessibility work on this game? Thats interesting.

Yeah it works in all games as far as I know. I have the controls remapped on my PS4 for when I play Last of Us multiplayer.

bsftsfk
02-02-2017, 08:06 PM
It will work on all games simultaneously. Basically it allows you to switch buttons between each other. This is not handy, this is very ugly solution.

I'd be happy to see the same level of remapping settings as in Overwatch. There i can reassign buttons for each single character separately. That would be just perfect.

Peligrad
02-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Buy an elite controller. Problem solved.

ChivNoble-NFK
02-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Would really like my square button to be light attack instead of R1. Same for triangle button.

bsftsfk
02-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Buy an elite controller. Problem solved.

i've checked those two certified controllers. The problem is that there are no those controllers around here, i can't try it before buying and they look kind of controversial. So, i'd say, i don't want to use them.

Zenif86
02-02-2017, 09:50 PM
I got a friend who's disabled and uses a special controller set up to play games. Something like this might be a deal-killer for him..

DBLxxShotz
02-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Yeah it works in all games as far as I know. I have the controls remapped on my PS4 for when I play Last of Us multiplayer.

That games a masterpiece. I used it on RE remaster but it didnt work completely.

UbiNoty
02-03-2017, 01:42 AM
Hello! There have been several community requests for controller remapping. We're currently in the thick of our own battle as we get ready for open beta and launch so while there might not be any immediate answers, rest assured that you've been heard!

Dez_troi_aR
02-03-2017, 03:26 AM
Hello! There have been several community requests for controller remapping. We're currently in the thick of our own battle as we get ready for open beta and launch so while there might not be any immediate answers, rest assured that you've been heard!

Nooooooo, dont kill the advantage i have because of my faaanccyy pro-controller :D ;)

bsftsfk
02-03-2017, 04:42 AM
Nooooooo, dont kill the advantage i have because of my faaanccyy pro-controller :D ;)

what controller do you use? Could you give some advice if it worth to bother about pro-controllers?

DemDemons
02-12-2017, 01:29 AM
But will I be able to remap my Xbox one controller at the game launch? Because if not, I don't I'll buy this game until you can......

Salt_is_Real
02-12-2017, 01:55 AM
But will I be able to remap my Xbox one controller at the game launch? Because if not, I don't I'll buy this game until you can......

You got them there, they will have to do it, so you buy game, or whole universe will blow up.

witlessrogue85
02-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Literally want two buttons changed. Guardbreak (can't counter them fast enough) and Dodge. L1 and R3 respectively.

JayyRupp
02-22-2017, 12:09 AM
There's an app for Xbox and PS.
I mapped A - Left Stick Click (Dodging becomes dumb easy)
I mapped X - Right Stick Click (Guardbreaking becomes dumb easy)
I mapped B - Left Bumper (easily cancel Heavy attacks)

I have Guard lock set to "Hold". Toggle is soo bad...
I would have mapped A to LB if toggle didn't make everything feels so clumsy.