PDA

View Full Version : Open beta?

OtsuWow
01-31-2017, 10:22 AM
Just wondering if the progress from open beta will carry over to the full game.

A few factors that makes me think it's smart:
- A bigger incentive for people to log on and help you stresstest.
- The servers are just going to be offline for 1 day before release.
- Everyone has access during open beta so it wont be unfair in any way.

I'l play either way. The game is too good and every other game just fails to entertain me now..

TonyBB_S
01-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Just wondering if the progress from open beta will carry over to the full game.

We really need an official answer to this. In the third day of the closed beta i wasn't eager to play it anymore and not because i didn't enjoy it, but because i felt like my progress would've been washed away anyway.

SawyerX
01-31-2017, 11:24 AM
then ubisoft made a bad decision to let you into the beta. If this is your one and only concern. I used the beta to test various controllers configuration and system stated. Crashed the game several times for that reason. Probably even ruined my statistics if it matters. What did you do? You grinded your way up to have an edge on release? Shame on you and people like you.

OtsuWow
01-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Dude what are you on about?
Im not talking about technical alpha or the closed beta, but the OPEN beta that is going to happen the weekend before release.

How is grinding in an open beta going to give anyone an edge? It's available to everyone. Hence the word OPEN.

I honestly suggest that you actually read the posts you reply to before you spout nonsensical and unrelevant comments.

SawyerX
01-31-2017, 11:54 AM
was referring to TonyBB_S (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/2197122-TonyBB_S)

Dez_troi_aR
01-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Yeah, the Beta is not about grinding your way to a nice sword hilt, its about testing and feedback.

SawyerX
01-31-2017, 12:14 PM
But to get back on topic. I would sure want to know if the progression gets carried over. Because at that point I wont **** around with beta testing anymore and use what ever works best at that point in time. But then dont call it beta, call it the Final product.

Even after the beta. I did not manage to test all what I wanted to test. Or even made some mistakes when doing so. I would still want to test that before it starts to count. It would even help alot if I could start up the client now even if the master servers doesnt work and no playing is possible.

Tony is clearly not interested in beta testing rather then grinding his way to have an edge later on. No matter how hard I try. I can not respect that. NO HONOR :rolleyes:

OtsuWow
01-31-2017, 01:34 PM
I can understand that, but you need to see that this is exactly what an open beta is for. The open beta is to stress test servers, not make any huge tweaks to the game. It is just going to be 1 day of downtime from when the open beta ends and when the game is released officially.

Having progression as an incentive for people like Tony will make those people play the game too. Which again hits the purpose of the open beta. The more the merrier (laggier?)

And to defend Tony im going to say that i still dont think grinding in an open beta will give any edge in any way considering it's open to everyone.

And i dont mean progression from all previous betas, just the final one that will take place the weekend before release.

I could ofcourse be completely wrong about what the open beta is ment for, but in most cases they are ment for stress testing servers.

MrPideGY
01-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Why is it wrong to grind and try to become good in the game, IF ppl dont try to become as good as they can, how will we then be abel to give feedback on the diffrent characters so dev can tweek the balance?

OtsuWow
01-31-2017, 02:10 PM
You're missing the point...