PDA

View Full Version : Esports in For Honor?

Shino_Kore
01-30-2017, 11:34 PM
Big curiosity coming from the FGC I compete in SFV and other fighting games. I truly believe this game has the mechanics to make it on that type of stage. Has this every popped up in your minds? Either way I love this game and will be playing it at a high level. This is PvP that I have experienced that I can implement my FG knowledge. I can finally start the race as the same time as everyone instead of catching up to those who have been playing for years.

Techn0path
01-31-2017, 12:34 AM
Big curiosity coming from the FGC I compete in SFV and other fighting games. I truly believe this game has the mechanics to make it on that type of stage. Has this every popped up in your minds? Either way I love this game and will be playing it at a high level. This is PvP that I have experienced that I can implement my FG knowledge. I can finally start the race as the same time as everyone instead of catching up to those who have been playing for years.

cant say that i have ever competed but i would like to :)

TCTF_SWAT
01-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Esports? Why would FH want that?

Trenk2009
01-31-2017, 02:43 AM
Esports? Why would FH want that?

Well, implementing a ranking system to the game just like in Lol, Overwatch or CsGo, would really help such an incredibly competitive game like For Honor keeping his player base. It gives players a reason to stay and really concrete way of feeling their evolution.

Just think about it like with League of legends. It's a funny game but a lot of players that went for fun at first then stayed to prove their strength to other players.

With For Honor being so deep mechanically speaking I honestly think that there's a real potential for competitive investment.

P.S : And that would actually force Ubi to give us dedicated servers :p

sayi51
01-31-2017, 03:21 AM
It's obvious that For Honor has a massive eSports potential. It has both a fighting game mechanics and a MOBA mode. Both of them are eSports popular things. I would enjoy watching For Honor eSports a lot in Dominion mode. I would love to also be able to participate in it but I doubt that would happen.

wezoo69
01-31-2017, 04:24 AM
nope, P2P in 2017 kills all hopes of this game becoming an Esport.

e.Key
01-31-2017, 09:31 AM
There is a huge potential, but only if ubisoft steps up their game. The game needs spectator mode for tournaments, some kind of ranked system and dedicated servers.

Barzah
01-31-2017, 11:33 AM
with the current system that reward people for turtling rather than go aggressive..im somewhat doubt that For Honor will get competitive. Also wtb dedicated server

Shino_Kore
01-31-2017, 11:49 AM
I hear everyone's views Spectator mode can for sure help. Or just like in Pokken just have two monitors. The modes would most likely be Duel and 2v2 but if it was only one mode I foresee Duel to be the main completive platform. 4 v 4 would be equivalent to our team tourneys in SFV. Either way I will do my best to show how fun can be with a competitive mindset. The servers thing I'm sure we could handle at a gaming event

Dez_troi_aR
01-31-2017, 12:26 PM
I would be a happy spectator of For Honor ESport.

It also depens on their online architecture, tough. P2P worked great for me but i had one or two duells in the 3 days when i played the beta where teleporting happened.
Thats not an issue for me because the result is just a disadvantage in 1 duell out of maybe 50+.
All the casuals acting as if that 1 light attack they ate because ofteleporting ruining their whole experience really just like to spread their salt. But it shouldnt be there in esport.

eziodavidson
10-12-2018, 11:56 AM
I don't necessarily think that For Honor can be classified as an esports. You can realize it by reading esports reviews from http://esportsreviews.org/. They have collected all the information about esports what it is and what effect it has on our kids.

PepsiBeastin
10-12-2018, 02:13 PM
I don't necessarily think that For Honor can be classified as an esports. You can realize it by reading esports reviews from http://esportsreviews.org/. They have collected all the information about esports what it is and what effect it has on our kids.

Spooktober doesn't permit necroposting.

UbiInsulin
10-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Holy necro Batman.