PDA

View Full Version : After playing Beta - What I don't like about the game

IfritKajiTora
01-30-2017, 09:18 PM
-Guardbreaks are OP. They are very fast and if opponent do guardbreak to you, you have like a half of a second or even less to press guardbreak button to push him back, which is almost impossible to do. Then opponent can just throw you out of map or do fast attack which you can't block. I raged so many times when guy at the end of match used guardbreak and had a free attack to finish me or throw me out of map while I almost won fight with full health. This is just broken. Even if you do dodge back some classes have pushback with forward dash which is hilarious.

-Counterattacks I hate them in all games. You make an attack, opponent do counterattack which means you get hit, and you can't avoid it, which is stupid. You attacked = you get hit wha? There should be a possibility to dodge or guard counterattack if you realize his counter in time.

-Block in this game is little OP too. If you attack opponent and he block in good timing you are pushed back, if opponent is good in that he can just rush you to move back back and back and if you are near wall he can easly kill you. This is even more OP with guardbreaks. If opponent will push back your weapon, he can quickly do guardbreak and he can throw you out of map or do free fast attack.

-Stamina have too much downsides, attacks are 50% slower or even more, so attacking is not a good idea, people online know that so they will just guardbreak you, which is almost impossible to cancel, so If I know they will guardbreak I can make an attack to avoid that. And if you attacked and opponent guarded in good timing he is pushing your weapon back, and for you without stamina it means that you will fall over. The only possibility is to dodge, dodge and dodge which is impossible if you are in tight corners.

-Game mechanics itself doesn't allow you to fight 1vs2 due to limited movement. They added a revenge mode if 2 players attack you, you need to guard and your revenge metter will rise, using it adds to you extra health and your attacks can't be interrupted for the duration of revenge. Well it's a good idea because you have now chances against 2 people, but after beating them, you don't have FUN of beating yourself two people, because you used revenge mode which boosted you.
And if you fight 1vs2 they know you will be guarding to get revenge metter or try to run, so one of them will do guardbreak to you.

-In my opinion there is too much health, in 1vs1 its good because fights are longer, but as I mentioned with 1vs2 it gives you less chance to beat solo two people. If they could cut health by half then there would be higher chance of beating 2 people. Because they can make a mistake, but the more health the harder is to focus yourself and make them making more mistakes. Less health = you can kill faster a player and makes it 1vs1 fight.

Here is a video with using Guardbreaks (not mine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubN8qYjXZ2s

The Tzeentch
01-30-2017, 09:32 PM
First of all.... This is fighting game and you need to set your mind for that. All fighting games have extremely steep learning curve because you need to learn how different clases work down to frame data to be really good at.

1V2 fights are totaly balanced if you have any understanding how blocking works in game. All you need to do is keep them on same side to make blcking easier. Once you block who ever is ataking first you gain about half second block all. You get revenge realy fast if those 2 players are just spamming attacks trying to finish you. Infackt if i am in fight against very good player i realy hope that i get some one else to join in attacking me. In revenge you always trow enemies to ground if you trow them or parry.

Saying that block is OP is just showing how silly you are.

Zea1ot
01-30-2017, 09:51 PM
there's tons of ppls which constantly cancel GB and have no problem(in high level) and much more ppls which always finding weaker enemies, do unblockables on them all day long, make videos on youtube like in the first post(i hardly can find any good video actually) and thinking that they know this game. You don't know how much frames it has to react but, sure, you know that GB is too fast to react...

blobathehut
01-30-2017, 09:54 PM
-Guardbreaks are OP. They are very fast and if opponent do guardbreak to you, you have like a half of a second or even less to press guardbreak button to push him back, which is almost impossible to do. Then opponent can just throw you out of map or do fast attack which you can't block. I raged so many times when guy at the end of match used guardbreak and had a free attack to finish me or throw me out of map while I almost won fight with full health. This is just broken. Even if you do dodge back some classes have pushback with forward dash which is hilarious.

-Counterattacks I hate them in all games. You make an attack, opponent do counterattack which means you get hit, and you can't avoid it, which is stupid. You attacked = you get hit wha? There should be a possibility to dodge or guard counterattack if you realize his counter in time.

-Block in this game is little OP too. If you attack opponent and he block in good timing you are pushed back, if opponent is good in that he can just rush you to move back back and back and if you are near wall he can easly kill you. This is even more OP with guardbreaks. If opponent will push back your weapon, he can quickly do guardbreak and he can throw you out of map or do free fast attack.

-Stamina have too much downsides, attacks are 50% slower or even more, so attacking is not a good idea, people online know that so they will just guardbreak you, which is almost impossible to cancel, so If I know they will guardbreak I can make an attack to avoid that. And if you attacked and opponent guarded in good timing he is pushing your weapon back, and for you without stamina it means that you will fall over. The only possibility is to dodge, dodge and dodge which is impossible if you are in tight corners.

-Game mechanics itself doesn't allow you to fight 1vs2 due to limited movement. They added a revenge mode if 2 players attack you, you need to guard and your revenge metter will rise, using it adds to you extra health and your attacks can't be interrupted for the duration of revenge. Well it's a good idea because you have now chances against 2 people, but after beating them, you don't have FUN of beating yourself two people, because you used revenge mode which boosted you.
And if you fight 1vs2 they know you will be guarding to get revenge metter or try to run, so one of them will do guardbreak to you.

-In my opinion there is too much health, in 1vs1 its good because fights are longer, but as I mentioned with 1vs2 it gives you less chance to beat solo two people. If they could cut health by half then there would be higher chance of beating 2 people. Because they can make a mistake, but the more health the harder is to focus yourself and make them making more mistakes. Less health = you can kill faster a player and makes it 1vs1 fight.

Here is a video with using Guardbreaks (not mine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubN8qYjXZ2s

1.I think GB works 100% fine as is. I almost never get beaten by someone who spams GB.
A few ways to bet it.
1. Light attack almost always hits first and stops it.
2. Dodge works almost every time.
3. Counter it. IT can be a little hard a first but if you Spam the GB button as soon as you see them start up then you should be able to get it.

2.Counterattacks. As long as you dont spam attacks you should be fine I have never had someone counter attack me out of no where and I have only counter people who I knew where going to attack to the side or whatever because thats all they did all match. also if you use a GB a the right time they cant counter your attack.

3.Block is not OP at all just mix up your attacks and GB when they least expect it.

4.Stamina. As you said you can dodge when you are out aside and it is up to your skill as player to keep away form corners and ledges. Also you have to make sure to manage your stamina so you dont run out.

5. 1vs2 . Yes any thing more than 1v1 is broken.The best thing to do is wait until they are both about to attack and then pop revenge as it will knock them down.

6. too much health, This is just opinion but I think the health is good as it is.

Over all it sounds like you are new to the game and you just need to play more and as your skill grows you will see that at least the first 4 things you listed will no longer matter :)