PDA

View Full Version : Should you receive bonus faction points for playing your factions character ?

Shinobu2012
01-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Don't you think you should receive bonus faction points for playing your chosen factions characters ( like a loyalty bonus) ?

It seems some think this will restrict the players choice when this isn't what this does. I see a lot of people constantly saying they are for this faction or that but they never play any of their faction specified characters or they like to constantly change characters ( this is fine and i hope will never changes ). What this is about is for a background war map that puts all the players against one another on a point scaling system but most don't seem not to main their respective faction characters. So as a incentive to main and assist your fellow loyal faction members, bonuses should be give to those that support their faction by playing as their characters.This isn't about gimping the points everyone gets but about what do you put above the other.

Do you prefer fun and switch constantly to all the characters? That's fine then when one faction is getting destroyed an most players on that faction are playing characters that aren't on their factions side there really should be no room to complain because you're are still having fun so there is no issue. But as long as you understand you are putting your factions victory at risk by not fully committing to that faction.

Or is this about being competitive and in that case the best way to help your faction win the war is playing as that factions characters.

There really is no reason to this faction war if there is no reason to remain loyal to anyone's factions. It'd probably be better if everyone started off as mercenaries if that's the case.

ChivNoble-NFK
01-30-2017, 08:50 PM
Same as title. Don't you think you should receive bonus faction points for playing your chosen factions characters ( like a loyalty bonus) ?

Complety agree with you there. Really force people to play their faction heroes may help this game a lot

S8Canadian
01-30-2017, 08:59 PM
good idea. also a sign up bonus of steel when you pick the faction at beginning of each season or month or whatever. The one that has significantly less can get a bit of steel.

They this in END WAR which had a faction war too. It worked well.

BananaBlighter
01-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Would be cool in some respects, but I don't think that restricting the heroes we choose does any good. Like for example, the suggestion that PvP teams should be faction locked is stupid, but the suggestion for having another game mode that does this isn't, in fact I think it's a great idea (just very hard to implement the matchmaking for that if I'm being honest). Just because it might seem more authentic for you, doesn't mean you should be limiting other players' choices.

Also, just in case anyone brings this up, you can't really compare this to the fact that deploying war assets in the territory of the game mode you are playing give you a bonus. Yeah this is restrictive, and I don't like that, but it encourages people to try different game modes, especially since their positioning switches frequently. On the other hand, your faction choice last for the whole season, and unlike the deploying war assets where 2 out of the 3 areas are relevant to your faction, here you're restricting the player to 1 out of 3 heroes.

I have my reasons for choosing the Samurai faction (mostly because the emblem shape is perfect for my design lol), but I main the Peacekeeper, and I don't want to be discouraged from playing my favourite class.

ChivNoble-NFK
01-30-2017, 09:13 PM
Would be cool in some respects, but I don't think that restricting the heroes we choose does any good. Like for example, the suggestion that PvP teams should be faction locked is stupid, but the suggestion for having another game mode that does this isn't, in fact I think it's a great idea (just very hard to implement the matchmaking for that if I'm being honest). Just because it might seem more authentic for you, doesn't mean you should be limiting other players' choices.

Also, just in case anyone brings this up, you can't really compare this to the fact that deploying war assets in the territory of the game mode you are playing give you a bonus. Yeah this is restrictive, and I don't like that, but it encourages people to try different game modes, especially since their positioning switches frequently. On the other hand, your faction choice last for the whole season, and unlike the deploying war assets where 2 out of the 3 areas are relevant to your faction, here you're restricting the player to 1 out of 3 heroes.

I have my reasons for choosing the Samurai faction (mostly because the emblem shape is perfect for my design lol), but I main the Peacekeeper, and I don't want to be discouraged from playing my favourite class.

So it wouldn't bother you if you changed to the Knights but your emblem would be different?

BananaBlighter
01-30-2017, 11:46 PM
So it wouldn't bother you if you changed to the Knights but your emblem would be different?

I have other reasons for picking the Samurai. I also love the Orochi and Nobushi, though the Warden may take the Nobushi's No. 3 spot after playing the beta. I also have a greater appreciation for the Samurai culture. Knights remind me of Templars which are the enemies of the assassins' in Assassin's Creed, and Vikings are just stereotypically

But yeah, I would probably welcome the ability to change your emblem shape regardless of your faction. More options are always good because they allow everyone to have what they want. However currently emblem shapes are the only way to tell which faction each person is from, so I doubt something like that is gonna happen.

I mean, the shape of the emblem isn't that much of a problem. If I do realise I much prefer using the Peacekeeper and the Warden to the Orochi and the Nobushi, then I'm sure I'd switch to knights. Knights or Samurai, I really don't mind, but I'd prefer it if the decision was not based on how well I play with each factions' heroes and how much I like their playstyles, but rather which culture I feel more in line with.

TBH a small bonus is no big deal to me. If there was an option to say I don't mind then that's what I would've clicked.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
01-31-2017, 12:00 AM
It will be a good idea

ExaltedNet
01-31-2017, 12:27 AM
I have other reasons for picking the Samurai. I also love the Orochi and Nobushi, though the Warden may take the Nobushi's No. 3 spot after playing the beta. I also have a greater appreciation for the Samurai culture. Knights remind me of Templars which are the enemies of the assassins' in Assassin's Creed, and Vikings are just stereotypically

But yeah, I would probably welcome the ability to change your emblem shape regardless of your faction. More options are always good because they allow everyone to have what they want. However currently emblem shapes are the only way to tell which faction each person is from, so I doubt something like that is gonna happen.

I mean, the shape of the emblem isn't that much of a problem. If I do realise I much prefer using the Peacekeeper and the Warden to the Orochi and the Nobushi, then I'm sure I'd switch to knights. Knights or Samurai, I really don't mind, but I'd prefer it if the decision was not based on how well I play with each factions' heroes and how much I like their playstyles, but rather which culture I feel more in line with.

TBH a small bonus is no big deal to me. If there was an option to say I don't mind then that's what I would've clicked.

Just as random info the Templar were actually good people for their time. The reason they were vilified was because of a greedy king who feared them and wanted their vast wealth. They spread around everywhere that the Templar worshipped Satan, practiced homosexuality, and were actually witches. Because of this most of them were kidnapped, tortured, and burned at the stake and the name of the Templar was tarnished for hundreds of years.

I did my grad project on them (many years ago)... it wasn't easy lol

Shinobu2012
01-31-2017, 12:33 AM

I take it you didn't know this but you can fully zoom out of the war map and reallocate your points in either zones. So for example if i played only 4v4 and always received 2k points per win i can just zoom completely out an put those points in a 1v1 or 2v2 area. You currently aren't restricted to try new game modes to support your faction in the faction war.

An your faction choice doesn't last for the entire season you can switch when ever you feel like it in the beta.

TimDobhran
01-31-2017, 12:41 AM
voted yes, but I think it should only be in 4 vs 4 Dominion that it applies. duels and brawls should be ok for any class.

S8Canadian
01-31-2017, 09:57 PM
just has to be a small bonus % like even 10% when you play your faction's class. That and a sign on bonus for the faction that needs more sign ups