PDA

View Full Version : No honor

Mercer196
01-30-2017, 03:36 PM
This could just be me, but does anyone else feel that people should be punished for leaving a match when they are losing? Give them the title of coward or something like that the same way people have champion status? I know that may be difficult with connection issues and being disconnected. What are your thoughts? Did anyone else run into this issue during the beta?

Mathonn
01-30-2017, 04:09 PM
I was worried this was going to be another thread whining about teams playing as teams.

I'll agree that bailing on your team or quitting duels to avoid the loss is dishonorable, although I'm not sure they could combat it without punishing people that get disconnected because of bad connection.

vertigomonkey
01-30-2017, 04:17 PM
I would agree it would be a nice feature if they can distinguish people who are quitting between people or just unfortunately get disconnected. It was hard to tell when people actually rage quit or the game just booted them. Even saw people leaving on teams that were winning.

While not directly related to the topic at hand, I do want to say that I feel like the AI system was pretty fluid in a "BOT" taking over the second someone left, or a person taking over a "BOT's" place when joining into a session already in progress. It was nice to not be left 4v1 when the rest of my team got disconnected or quit. I actually came back and won a match as me + 3 AI vs 4 players. I can imagine the other team was excessively frustrated, but it was nice that the match wasn't just over for me because I no longer had any human partners.

UlfhednaR_BEAST
01-30-2017, 04:23 PM
I think people should be punished for ganging up on single enemy. :) Like, in the end of a match they would earn some shameful status, and also a "Coward" one if they running away from 1vs2 and etc situations. They don't have to lose much points for this though, i think just a well-deserved title they carry into the next match will be enough.

SubZeroFish
01-30-2017, 04:27 PM
This could just be me, but does anyone else feel that people should be punished for leaving a match when they are losing? Give them the title of coward or something like that the same way people have champion status? I know that may be difficult with connection issues and being disconnected. What are your thoughts? Did anyone else run into this issue during the beta?

I rarely finished a dominion game in the beta, without at least one person leaving.

I think there should be a competitive mode, in which cooldowns are present for leavers. Perhaps a ranking system.

Also a casual, that doesn't affect rank and has no cooldowns for leavers.

Daikuza
01-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Just ban those people for 2 hours, if they do it again make it a day, if they do it again make it 3 days and so on.
Give them the title RAGEKID for the rest of the season.

Xanthus730
01-30-2017, 05:00 PM
I would agree it would be a nice feature if they can distinguish people who are quitting between people or just unfortunately get disconnected. It was hard to tell when people actually rage quit or the game just booted them. Even saw people leaving on teams that were winning.

While not directly related to the topic at hand, I do want to say that I feel like the AI system was pretty fluid in a "BOT" taking over the second someone left, or a person taking over a "BOT's" place when joining into a session already in progress. It was nice to not be left 4v1 when the rest of my team got disconnected or quit. I actually came back and won a match as me + 3 AI vs 4 players. I can imagine the other team was excessively frustrated, but it was nice that the match wasn't just over for me because I no longer had any human partners.

I actually really like how Capcom recently addressed this in SFV. If you leave matches early frequently, you get a 'leaver' badge that your opponents can see before they start a match with you (and can reject the match if they choose to).

I like this because, to your opponent, it doesn't really matter if you're leaving matches on purpose or not. The fact is, you frequently leave matches early. Maybe you're a sore loser, or maybe you just have a crap connection. Either way, you'll probably not be very much fun to play with/against. (IIRC, you can easily lose the badge by just playing matches and not leaving, also).

Mercer196
01-30-2017, 05:09 PM
I think a ban would be too much, just by giving them the title of coward the same way people have champion status would be a good way of letting you know that your opponent frequently leaves matches. But it would be rough on the people that have bad connections. But ubisoft should be able to point out who is getting error codes between those who actually quit the match early for whatever reason. After so many quits you are dubbed a coward. Perhaps the punishment could be while you are dubbed a coward you receive less exp for that time, or less steel, or less item drops.