PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag - Season Pass: What are the Additional Single Player Missions?

robsonwt30k
01-30-2017, 02:15 PM
I've just finished AC4, loved the game and I want to extend my gameplay.

I've searched the internet to learn about Season Pass content and the info I got mostly said the same thing:

The Season Pass will include:

Freedom Cry – Nine single-player missions with a self-contained story focusing on Edward’s quartermaster Adewale. Adewale escaped the bonds of slavery at a young age and sought a life of his own on the Jackdaw, serving under Edward Kenway. Taking place 15 years after joining the Jackdaw’s crew, Freedom Cry sees Adewale going on his own adventure when he finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without his crew or weapons.

Kraken Ship Pack – This pack of personalization elements for the Jackdaw is only available to Season Pass holders

Additional single-player missions, weapons, skins and collectibles

New multiplayer characters

In PSN USA, the Season Pass is 19.99.

I definitely will get Freedom Cry, but it is 9.99 in stand alone version.

The question is: Season Pass is worth the extra 10 bucks? Before you answer it let me explain some additional details:

1. I won't play Multiplayer.
2. I've finished all extra side activities with Kenway, so the Kraken Ship Pack will not be a good use for me, only if I wanted to randomly sail through the seas, attacking ships. Probably not worth the extra 10 bucks.
3. I've only interested in this single item, (besides Freedom Cry): Additional single-player missions. I've searched on the internet but couldn't find what exactly are those missions. Are they Edward Kenway missions? In which locations? What kind of missions? Note that this is listed separated from Freedom Cry, so I'm assuming that they are not talking about Freedom Cry.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

I-Like-Pie45
01-30-2017, 06:28 PM
The additional single-player missions are the Illustrious Pirates Pack, which collects the pre-order bonus dlc. These add three new islands to explore in the game map, three new outfits for Edward to obtain, and additional weapons and ship customization items. Basically, these additional missions are just new locations to explore, and you can get more items for Edward to use by finding chests.

For more info: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-the-illustrious-pirates-dlc-pack/

It should cost $7 stand-alone, but if you have the PS3 version of Black Flag, it appears to be only obtainable with the Season Pass for that version.

Unless you really like look of the outfits and want to use them, there's nothing really vital to the Black Flag experience in that pack and you're probably better off just buying Freedom Cry instead of the whole Season Pass.

ERICATHERINE
01-30-2017, 08:38 PM
I've just finished AC4, loved the game and I want to extend my gameplay.

I've searched the internet to learn about Season Pass content and the info I got mostly said the same thing:

The Season Pass will include:

Freedom Cry – Nine single-player missions with a self-contained story focusing on Edward’s quartermaster Adewale. Adewale escaped the bonds of slavery at a young age and sought a life of his own on the Jackdaw, serving under Edward Kenway. Taking place 15 years after joining the Jackdaw’s crew, Freedom Cry sees Adewale going on his own adventure when he finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without his crew or weapons.

Kraken Ship Pack – This pack of personalization elements for the Jackdaw is only available to Season Pass holders

Additional single-player missions, weapons, skins and collectibles

New multiplayer characters

In PSN USA, the Season Pass is 19.99.

I definitely will get Freedom Cry, but it is 9.99 in stand alone version.

The question is: Season Pass is worth the extra 10 bucks? Before you answer it let me explain some additional details:

1. I won't play Multiplayer.
2. I've finished all extra side activities with Kenway, so the Kraken Ship Pack will not be a good use for me, only if I wanted to randomly sail through the seas, attacking ships. Probably not worth the extra 10 bucks.
3. I've only interested in this single item, (besides Freedom Cry): Additional single-player missions. I've searched on the internet but couldn't find what exactly are those missions. Are they Edward Kenway missions? In which locations? What kind of missions? Note that this is listed separated from Freedom Cry, so I'm assuming that they are not talking about Freedom Cry.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Here is a little tip to know if a season pass is worth the price you pay for it.

First, check what the season pass give that you really want.

Next, check the price of those dlcs, taken separately.

Then, put all those prices together thanks to the + symbol and a little bit of math.

Finaly, compare the result with the price of the season pass.

That will tell you if it's best to buy the season pass or to buy everything separately. Note that it will not only work for black flag, but also, with any other game that have a season pass and dlcs.

Also, know the the kraken things for the Jackdaw will be there in all your future game after you buy it, just like in your current game. So, even if at some point, you decide to start from scratch you'll still be able to put it on your Jackdaw.

Hope it help. ^-^

robsonwt30k
02-01-2017, 03:00 AM
The additional single-player missions are the Illustrious Pirates Pack, which collects the pre-order bonus dlc. These add three new islands to explore in the game map, three new outfits for Edward to obtain, and additional weapons and ship customization items. Basically, these additional missions are just new locations to explore, and you can get more items for Edward to use by finding chests.

For more info: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-the-illustrious-pirates-dlc-pack/

It should cost $7 stand-alone, but if you have the PS3 version of Black Flag, it appears to be only obtainable with the Season Pass for that version.

Unless you really like look of the outfits and want to use them, there's nothing really vital to the Black Flag experience in that pack and you're probably better off just buying Freedom Cry instead of the whole Season Pass.

This extra 3 locations have only Synchronization points, chests, animus fragments etc. to collect or other more meaningful missions like Assassin Contracts, Templar missions, naval contracts etc?

Thanks for the info.

robsonwt30k
02-01-2017, 03:02 AM
Here is a little tip to know if a season pass is worth the price you pay for it.

First, check what the season pass give that you really want.

Thas was the problem. The Ubisoft description of the Season Pass content is too vague. It didn't specify what exactly was those additional single player missions. The Other poster detailed more. It appears to be only minor locations where you can collect more chests etc. It isn't worth of 10 bucks.

Thanks for your help

ERICATHERINE
02-01-2017, 06:35 AM
This extra 3 locations have only Synchronization points, chests, animus fragments etc. to collect or other more meaningful missions like Assassin Contracts, Templar missions, naval contracts etc?

Thanks for the info.

There is no new missions in those 3 locations, may it be main missions or side missions.

There, there is a few chests, at least 1 viewpoint per island, 1 of the island hold a plantation to pillage and at least 1 of the island have animals you can hunt.

If I remember correctly, appart from those things, there is nothing else there.

One hold a ruin, another hold a plantation and the last is a bandits hideout, composed of many tiny "islands" forming a circle with a couple of meters seperating them from eachother. That last one is my favorite one with the bandits forming a ring to battle eachother on one of those tiny islands. ^-^

robsonwt30k
02-01-2017, 01:56 PM
There is no new missions in those 3 locations, may it be main missions or side missions.

There, there is a few chests, at least 1 viewpoint per island, 1 of the island hold a plantation to pillage and at least 1 of the island have animals you can hunt.

If I remember correctly, appart from those things, there is nothing else there.

One hold a ruin, another hold a plantation and the last is a bandits hideout, composed of many tiny "islands" forming a circle with a couple of meters seperating them from eachother. That last one is my favorite one with the bandits forming a ring to battle eachother on one of those tiny islands. ^-^

After you named the DLC as Illustrious Pirate Pack, I've checked on YouTube for some Walkthrough and found it. It was nothing special as you stated above, just a few chests, smuggler's den, warehouse etc. It's not worth of the extra 10 bucks. This pack was not available for separate purchase in PSN USA for PS3.

I think I'm going to buy only Freedom Cry.

Thanks for your help,

ERICATHERINE
02-01-2017, 09:41 PM
After you named the DLC as Illustrious Pirate Pack, I've checked on YouTube for some Walkthrough and found it. It was nothing special as you stated above, just a few chests, smuggler's den, warehouse etc. It's not worth of the extra 10 bucks. This pack was not available for separate purchase in PSN USA for PS3.

I think I'm going to buy only Freedom Cry.

Thanks for your help,

Always happy to help. ^-^