PDA

View Full Version : Is there a hero that gets the most out of parrys?

FM_D3ssembrae
01-30-2017, 01:17 PM
As the title states, I would like to know if one of the heroes has the strongest follow up after a parry? I became quite adapt at parrying and used it as my primary means of defense. Can I capitalize on that somehow? :P

GloriousFists
01-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Yes, the lawbringer is a class that work with parries. You will like it unfortunately it wasn't avalible this closed beta. You can search for videos on the internet to see that clas.

Here is the official video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XqxKziXvoI

Cannonballninja
01-30-2017, 02:56 PM
The Warden's very powerful over-head heavy attack from a parry > guard-break > throw into wall is a strong way to capitalise on parries. The Peacekeeper, as well, can parry > guard-break > triple stab; or, if you're next to a wall then parry > guard-break > double stab > throw > lunging heavy > follow-up stab.

The knights in general seem to reward successful parries a little more than the other factions. In much the same way that Vikings throw people around a bit more, and the Samurai have more mobility options.

FM_D3ssembrae
01-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks a lot guys, Ill be eager to try out The lawbringer at Release :)

S8Canadian
01-30-2017, 08:19 PM
maybe that is why i stank so bad with warden. What is the difference between a parry and a block? hmm

GloriousFists
01-30-2017, 08:38 PM
A parry is when you push back the attack of the enemy and also make the enemy lose stamina. You can do that pressing the heavy attack button on the direction from where you recieve the attack and right after it hits you. Block otherwise, is the easy way of defense but you may suffer block damage depending on the attacking classes you face, with parry you can avoid that blocking damage.

S8Canadian
01-30-2017, 09:03 PM
A parry is when you push back the attack of the enemy and also make the enemy lose stamina. You can do that pressing the heavy attack button on the direction from where you recieve the attack and right after it hits you. Block otherwise, is the easy way of defense but you may suffer block damage depending on the attacking classes you face, with parry you can avoid that blocking damage. wait, So you take the hit and just counter attack? When I block I didn't notice getting damaged either.

GloriousFists
01-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Yes you can make a kind of counter attack if you hit with light attack because the staggering effect of the opponent still there but just less than a second. With Lawbringer is easier to do that because he has a special move that allows him to make an unstoppable hit after a succesful parry. And parry is also really good thing to do because with it you can also parry unblockables such raider ones or kensei for example.

And yes berserker is one of those classes that has blocking damage, unless you have a shiled with conqueror for example, shields mitigate all blocking damage.