PDA

View Full Version : How do I cancel my digital pre-order? (Xbox One)

djb204
01-30-2017, 09:37 AM
This P2P is a pain, sometimes the games doesnt recover and we get stuck in a continuos loading screen. We are forced to relauch the game. Ubisoft obviously isnt going to add dedicated server, and they also havent taken Microsoft up on their dedicated server option. (yes Microsoft offers dedicated servers to all Xbox One games if the devs desire them)

The always online and constant server maintenance down times remind me of The Division and why I regret buying that game. I never play it anymore. I pre-ordered this game months ago during the hype. I gave it chance to change the "always online" and "P2P system" but, it aint gonna happen. So' I want to cancel my digital pre-order on Xbox Live, but I dont know how to do it. Can anybody help?

MrFuddyDuddy
01-30-2017, 10:21 AM
You could just give that pre-order to someone else (namely me lol)

While I thoroughly enjoyed the beta I just can't see the longevity of this game, its P2P, and its a niche title. 6 months down the road I have a feeling this game is going to end up like Evolve, so I'm passing at launch, and will probably pick it up later this year if the game is still doing well and the price has gone down a bit.

TR.Misterscruff
01-30-2017, 11:24 AM
After the debacle of the beta even though I had an invite the game would not play, not a good start so I decided to cancel my preorder so far I have been waiting four days for a reply from support. What does that tell you !

MrFuddyDuddy
01-30-2017, 11:32 AM
After the debacle of the beta even though I had an invite the game would not play, not a good start so I decided to cancel my preorder so far I have been waiting four days for a reply from support. What does that tell you !

Have you tried contacting Microsoft support?

You can live chat at any time with them, and at least with any problems I've had there always very helpful surprisingly. The game isn't out yet so I can only assume one of two things is going to happen to you....

1: You get a full refund and the money is returned to the card linked to your Xbox/Windows Live account

2: They give you a Windows Live/Xbox Live store credit for the value of the game which can then be used for anything else you'd like

Either way your getting your money back. Just let who ever you speak to know "hey I digitally pre-ordered For Honor, but no longer want the game. Can I please have the pre-order canceled and money refunded."

Just remember like any customer service representative you speak to, be polite and be patient it goes a long way ;D

Hope you get it sorted!

FurioSSx
01-30-2017, 12:28 PM
More and more people are cancelling preorders and @Ubisoft is pretending there is no problem at all ....

djb204
01-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Have you tried contacting Microsoft support?

You can live chat at any time with them, and at least with any problems I've had there always very helpful surprisingly. The game isn't out yet so I can only assume one of two things is going to happen to you....

1: You get a full refund and the money is returned to the card linked to your Xbox/Windows Live account

2: They give you a Windows Live/Xbox Live store credit for the value of the game which can then be used for anything else you'd like

Either way your getting your money back. Just let who ever you speak to know "hey I digitally pre-ordered For Honor, but no longer want the game. Can I please have the pre-order canceled and money refunded."

Just remember like any customer service representative you speak to, be polite and be patient it goes a long way ;D

Hope you get it sorted!
Thanks for all the answers everybody. This suggestion looks like the best way to go. I'll contact Microsoft support. It's too bad For Honor had to be an always online game with no dedicated servers, lol like those two requirements go together. P2P is NOT the way to go if you make your game an online only game. I'm off to try cancel this preorder, but maybe I'll be back in around 6 months if the game becomes less anti-consumer. Happy trails guys.

Chicken-Alfredo
01-30-2017, 09:45 PM
More and more people are cancelling preorders and @Ubisoft is pretending there is no problem at all ....
Well, please explain all the problems with the game then? NOT including the bad Closed Beta launch, which btw was due to the amount of people trying to connect to the servers at once.
You all complaining about the problems with the game yet not giving feedback on how they could fix it or make it better doesn't help.

RatedChaotic
01-30-2017, 10:44 PM
Loved the game. But partying with friends new to the game and trying to help/have fun was the worst experience I have ever had. The game put him at my highest characters level and against bots and players of my highest toons level even tho my friend and I were on a lvl 1 characters. I'll pass on this game. Its not worth the headache of having friends get owned by lvl 3 bots or higher skilled players just because I have a toon thats a high rank but Im not even playing him.

If the game went by the level of toon you are currently on not the highest toon you have access to. Id buy it. Not how it currently is. There are better games on the way that wont have this issue. And they will last longer in the long run aswell. Right now I dont see this game lasting very long in its current state. Good Luck to those that love this game. But for my group of friends and gamers this part of the game was the deal breaker for us. We decided to move on.

iHunny
01-30-2017, 11:33 PM
Loved the game. But partying with friends new to the game and trying to help/have fun was the worst experience I have ever had. The game put him at my highest characters level and against bots and players of my highest toons level even tho my friend and I were on a lvl 1 characters. I'll pass on this game. Its not worth the headache of having friends get owned by lvl 3 bots or higher skilled players just because I have a toon thats a high rank but Im not even playing him.

If the game went by the level of toon you are currently on not the highest toon you have access to. Id buy it. Not how it currently is. There are better games on the way that wont have this issue. And they will last longer in the long run aswell. Right now I dont see this game lasting very long in its current state. Good Luck to those that love this game. But for my group of friends and gamers this part of the game was the deal breaker for us. We decided to move on.

Then how are you going to balance the game? Play with a low toon vs new people just so you can roflestomp them? Tell me one game where the less expereinced even when teamed up with a high expereinced player meet newbees... Its like complaining that the platinum person is not meeting bronze people only cos he teamed up with one. Get real.

ps. In custom games you can deside the level of the bots.

RatedChaotic
01-30-2017, 11:41 PM
Then how are you going to balance the game? Play with a low toon vs new people just so you can roflestomp them? Tell me one game where the less expereinced even when teamed up with a high expereinced player meet newbees... Its like complaining that the platinum person is not meeting bronze people only cos he teamed up with one. Get real.

ps. In custom games you can deside the level of the bots.

Right now....If you have a rep 1 on one class. You cant play with your friend thats new to the game whos only lvl 1 and be a new class thats lvl1 and play a 2v2 AI with bots that are lvl1 to gear/level up both your lvl1 and your friend thats new. The bots will always be rank 3 because you have that one class thats rep lvl.Your friend will not have a good time with lvl 3 bots. You dont progress in custom games. Theres no drops and you dont level. Thats my issue. Read carefully!!!

iHunny
01-31-2017, 12:04 AM
So my friends have to play alone til they reach my highest toons lvl? and I have to play custom games where we recieve no loot xp or gear so i stop lvling so they can catch up? til they catch up to my higher toons lvl? so they dont get put into games like the one I described above? Makes no sense to me?

... Do you make this same compain when you play MMO's with your friends? Or when your much higher ranking? Why should this game be exempt to level balancing? Skills beats gear in this game, a level 0 gear character can beat a level 50 gear character with skills alone. You complained that the bots were to high, so I told you where you can meet easier bots. The better he gets the higher the bots you fight... Do not complain about the level system if you do not understand whats its for, to have beginners meet beginers and not be roflstomped by veterans.

RatedChaotic
01-31-2017, 12:10 AM
See my previous response.

RatedChaotic
01-31-2017, 12:11 AM
[/B]

Right now....If you have a rep 1 on one class. You cant play with your friend thats new to the game whos only lvl 1 and be a new class thats lvl1 and play a 2v2 AI with bots that are lvl1 to gear/level up both your lvl1 and your friend thats new. The bots will always be rank 3 because you have that one class thats rep lvl.Your friend will not have a good time with lvl 3 bots. You dont progress in custom games. Theres no drops and you dont level. Thats my issue. Read carefully!!! here!

TimDobhran
01-31-2017, 12:12 AM
Well, please explain all the problems with the game then? NOT including the bad Closed Beta launch, which btw was due to the amount of people trying to connect to the servers at once.
You all complaining about the problems with the game yet not giving feedback on how they could fix it or make it better doesn't help. I wonder if they know Betas are for testing things like: can the servers handle this amount of people, and are there any bugs we didn't find yet... not "Hey everyone FREE game time"? Betas are a testing protocol. You are given a chance to play while testing the server load, etc. I am pretty sure a lot of people don't know that.

RatedChaotic
01-31-2017, 12:15 AM
And you can do that in mmos btw.

iHunny
01-31-2017, 12:18 AM
here!

So buy a second copy you only use to play with your friends with? Thats what people do in Overwatch. And once again, its to prevent experienced players roflstomp new players. How fun you think it is being new in a game just to meet people who have tons of experience in the game and just run you over?

RatedChaotic
01-31-2017, 12:32 AM
So buy a second copy you only use to play with your friends with? Thats what people do in Overwatch. And once again, its to prevent experienced players roflstomp new players. How fun you think it is being new in a game just to meet people who have tons of experience in the game and just run you over?

Thats my point! With you in your friends game the bots and players are auto leveled to your highest hero's level. Im not buying.

iHunny
01-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Thats my point! With you in your friends game the bots and players are auto leveled to your highest hero's level. Im not buying.

You even realise how stupid you sound?lay against bots untill your friend can beat them, then go pvp... Or, do not level away from your friends and only play when they play.

Or, do not play at all... Its not like I will miss you.

WOR-Hunter
01-31-2017, 05:15 PM

Because more people are preordering as well. All of my friends came over and watched me play. All of them wanted a chance to play and slowly I watched them fall in love. A few even preordered.

I'm no fanboy. I feel in love after the reveal at an E3, but slowly started to lose interest after years of waiting. I signed up for the beta just to see what it was like, not expecting to preorder. The original plan was to wait until the game dropped under $30. After the beta I have to get it. I have not had this much fun in a game in a while. I feel myself grow and improve as I play. The players who beat me in duel mode quickly became friends as we played together. The gear does not mean anything to me. If you are skilled then nothing can get in your way.

Have not preordered yet, but I will soon. Maybe the weekend of the open beta. I want to see what they nerf to decide if I buy it. I thought the game was well balanced. If they change the combat system then I will get it out of redbox.

DrExtrem
01-31-2017, 05:21 PM
If only the self proclaimed elite and try hard noobs like me remain, the game will end like battleborn ... only with a far worse "git gud"- crowd.

Step one: Adjust the bots to step up in a smoother way. Add 4 more difficulty levels between bot 1 and 3. Right now, the difference between bot 1 and bot 2 is far too high and fighting no. 2, feels like a totally different game.

Step two: Consider adding skill tiers for plauers, with sub-optimal reflexes. ... A ln "old timer league" if you want.

Please do d balance the game to suit only the top 1% of the players.

RatedChaotic
01-31-2017, 05:40 PM
You even realise how stupid you sound?lay against bots untill your friend can beat them, then go pvp... Or, do not level away from your friends and only play when they play.

Or, do not play at all... Its not like I will miss you.

And this doesnt sound stupid to you? lol Why say you wont miss me? Do you really think I give two ****s what you think or how you feel? When players get the game and level and gear up for a few days or weeks. Then a friend gets the game and both wanna play together and do things in the game together they will see that what I'm saying doesnt sound so stupid. I cant help that your not smart enough to comprehend what Im saying.

Im done here.

iHunny
01-31-2017, 08:32 PM
And this doesnt sound stupid to you? lol Why say you wont miss me? Do you really think I give two ****s what you think or how you feel? When players get the game and level and gear up for a few days or weeks. Then a friend gets the game and both wanna play together and do things in the game together they will see that what I'm saying doesnt sound so stupid. I cant help that your not smart enough to comprehend what Im saying.

Im done here.

... Your not reading what I am writing. The system is in place so more experienced "not talking about character levels ffs" players who have spent alot more time and effort that have learned more about the game will not meet new players who just started and will get there *** kicked cos of it. Gear level means **** all gainst skills. Its what they learned while playing that mathers.

The thing is the experienced players wouldn't be running into newbies for long because they will immediately start leveling up that character.... so they will grow their skill anyway.

I think having it based on the level of the character is better than having it based on the total level of the account. Especially if you're a person who likes to play and change out heroes and get placed against someone who plays nothing but a kensei just because the account experience is in a similar place. Long-term the current way it's done is going to become extremely inbalanced

Also "buy a second copy"? Really? How would that help balance anything?

It would not. But it would allow his friend not meeting people way above his experience of the game and still play togheter.

BLUECH1LD
01-31-2017, 08:40 PM
After you all tear through those tissues, try utilizing a calendar . The P2P system has not even been tested yet, as the ACTUAL GAME has not been released yet. Each and every P2P system is different, and depends on the way the dev built it. All you ever hear gamers complaining about are new, unique experiences, well guess what, here comes one. Lets wait for the actual game to come out before we get all misty eyed. IT WAS A BETA, why is this so hard for people to understand?