PDA

View Full Version : I canīt continue playing Assassin Creed: Unity

Roquez1
01-30-2017, 02:47 AM
When I enter in the portal, after completing the Rise of the Assassin memory (Sequence 11, Memory 2), appear this:

https://imageshack.com/i/pn0tj4qIj

There is a solution for that?

strigoi1958
01-30-2017, 03:40 AM
you could try here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/984398-PC-ACU-Troubleshooting-Guide-And-Possible-Solutions-Forums

Roquez1
01-30-2017, 04:19 AM
More information:

The other levels involving portals didn't had this issue. I replayed the previous sequence to get to this point again, and the issue persists.

So far the game has been working fine until I got this issue, my hardware is near top of the line (i7-6700K, 16GB RAM, Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM, SSD drive) with the latest drivers on Windows 10, I have played many other AAA games in this PC, and this is the first time that this happens.

What is the solution to this issue that doesn't involve playing from the start of the game, as I have invested quite a lot of time in it by doing many of the other tasks in side quests?

strigoi1958
01-30-2017, 01:08 PM
If you followed the link I posted it tells you what to do.... I have a similar system to you except I have a gtx 1070

you should always delete acu.exe and then verify your game files first.... there is no specific fix for this problem, there are several reasons why a few PC's sometimes crash the game at certain points and usually following every possible solution will fix it.

as you didn't follow the link I have pasted it here.

1. Verify Game Files either from steam or UPlay depends on the version you have. (this is the most common reason for crashing due to corrupted files), to do so:

Delete ACU.exe if necessary before verifying files as sometimes UPlay fails to replace the file.

a. Steam Version (if you bought the game through steam) : Go to Library, right click on the game and select properties, click on Local Contents tab and press "verify Integrity of Game Cache" button.

b. UPlay version: Click on the game then press the arrow next to "Play" button, select "Verify Game Files".

Note that sometimes you need to do this more than once, so verify --> let UPlay/Steam repair, rinse and repeat until UPlay/Steam comes up with no errors.

2. Disable AV/Anti-Spyware as sometimes it conflicts with the game.
3. Open Start --> Run--> type Msconfig --> Startup tab and uncheck everything there, restart windows afterwards.
4. Close/Disable any OSD/Overclocking/Recording softwares (Fraps, MSI AfterBurner, Gigabyte OC Guru, Shadowplay,....) before launching the game. (this is the second common reason as some programs inject a D3D hook which causes the game to crash like RTSS even in stealth mode)
5. Backup your saves then delete them, they are located here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/...0000000ej5QCAQ

And make sure to turn off "Cloud saves sync" in UPlay settings to prevent the cloud from restoring them.

6. Go to [ACU Installation Folder]\Support folder and install DX and VC++.

7. Make sure you have .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 installed. for 3.5, go to Programs and Features and click on Turn on/off windows features on the left, select .Net Framework 3.5 checkboxes and then press ok, for 4.0, download it from Microsoft website.

8. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and controls mapping).

9. if you have your CPU and/or GPU Overclocked, then disable OC and run them at stock settings, reset bios to default settings if necessary.

10. if you have custom resolution and refresh rate defined in NCP or CCC then default it to native resolution and refresh rate, also if you have Nvidia Surround or AMD EyeFinity then disable and let it work on one monitor to see if thats causing the issue.

11. Disable SLI/Crossfire.

12. Run the game as Admin, if from steam, exit steam and then run steam as admin.

13. Disable UPlay Overlay and voice chat from UPlay settings.

14. if it didnt work, create a new Administrator account in windows and try to run the game from that account.

Roquez1
01-31-2017, 04:58 AM
Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

I was able to fix the issue, by running an integrity verification within Steam, it found a 300MB file damaged, after downloading it again, I was able to continue playing.

Before that, I tried lowering the graphics quality to the lowest, and updating to the just launched 17.x Radeon drivers, but that didn't fix the issue, it was the redownloading of the damaged file.