PDA

View Full Version : Combat problems

Lezllo
01-29-2017, 07:04 PM
I am a rep 1 Orochi I have plenty of 1v1 and 2v2's under my belt. I'm going to be listing my personal opinion on some of the issues I found during the game. Not bugs but things I found overpowered or something overly difficult to deal with. One thing I have a major problem with is the effectiveness of guard break. Don't get me wrong I love the move and what It stands for but I just hate how spamable it can be in game. As a first day beta player I've seen my duels transition from a intense 1v1 wondering where to block or where to attack, and that got my heart racing but now I find myself more worried about when to try to dodge/counter a guard break and I do sometimes but I still feel like I can't block them all. Some people completely abuse this by spamming it as much as possible and I find myself landing multiple attacks (4 or 5) on those who choose to spam so much taking all the fun out of the game. As a player who wants to win my only choice of counter is to guard break as much to try to minimize the damage or successful grabs thus spreading that method to other players. I've literally watched the method of fighting in game change and me and my fellow friends have now declared it as a noobbreaker (Things that break the skillcap between low exp players and high exp players) I think the simple fix for this would be to simply add a cooldown or limit of guard breaks to prevent spamming NOT HUGE but a couple of seconds would make a huge difference. Also one thing PLEASE tune revenge mode I find it happens a lil to often and is VERY strong. I find the game to be amazing and it gave me an great experience thank you ubisoft for this awesome game and please leave your opinions on this below!

Ryumanjisen
01-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Beating the guard break is as SIMPLE as lthrowing a light attack.

Jesus, For Honor is indeed a fighting game: people is starting to complain about throws being overpowered.

Moxas1
01-29-2017, 07:38 PM
I gotta agree with you, i played 20 hours or something already, and theres 2 things i really dislike

Guard Break and how fast & spammable it is

How the game punishes the person who attacks first, as that attack will most likely be guarded or dodged and then countered, it's quite silly, i've seen alot of people just wait for the first attack.

The duels usually go two ways

Defending untill the other person attacks > dodge / guard > attack > repeat

The two will keep spamming attacks so none of them will get guard break since thats the only reliable way to counter it.

These two things turned me off the game, i will not be buying it IF it stays like this.

Lezllo
01-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Beating the guard break is as SIMPLE as lthrowing a light attack.

Jesus, For Honor is indeed a fighting game: people is starting to complain about throws being overpowered.

The thing about that is the person who guard breaks repeatedly doesn't lose stamina so even if I do that I find myself running out of it and running away and it's so fast to the point where they can catch you right before an attack or dodge

Lezllo
01-29-2017, 07:50 PM
The moment you see the animation smash the guard break button like no tomorrow and you'll do the counter 100%.

Have you actually tried to counter a guard break from pure reaction alone? If not then you're statement proves why this needs a fix you shouldn't have to spam to stop spam

Ryumanjisen
01-29-2017, 08:04 PM
The thing about that is the person who guard breaks repeatedly doesn't lose stamina so even if I do that I find myself running out of it and running away and it's so fast to the point where they can catch you right before an attack or dodge

That's a valid point, actually. Giving the guard break a stamina cost, even if only a small amount, would be great for balancing the combat a little more.

Lezllo
01-29-2017, 09:31 PM
It is pure reaction, I see the attack and react by spamming the button, because trying to time 1 button press to reaction is indeed pretty hard.

This is a thread about how much guard break can be spammed and you're telling me how to stop it when being used once so please if you have anything else to say please make sure it is on topic.