PDA

View Full Version : my experience

Ibervang
01-29-2017, 12:09 AM
The game looks great, and some of the moves are very nice. But the game is VERY unforgiving for new players. You get owned by some of the low level bots. This may put people off, if you constantly get owned, by even the lowest difficulty. And the tutorial should be extended to tell you, more about the interface. It took me a little while, before i found out, how to leave a session. And i was googling something else, where i leared about the videos you can watch, for the various classes.
It is the games responsibilty to introduce you to the various aspect of the game, like the menus. And helping you learn the game. But the standard tutorial dosent do that. When you are done with that tutorial, you really arent ready for a fight. If you try, you are most likely to get owned. The level of the tutorial should go up a bit, to increase in difficulty. As the pase of the game is WAY faster, than the tutorial. In the tutorial, you can do it, pretty much in your sleep. Yet in game, it dosent go so well

Cheez137
01-29-2017, 01:41 AM
Well said! Agree 100%

Ibervang
01-29-2017, 04:26 PM
after I have been playing more, the game just seems ridicules unbalaced. Some of the classes just attacks so fast, that you can't do anything. The controls areant that great. And dosent react the time. Im definitly not going to buy this. And this game has 1 of the dumbest group creating tools i have seen. You have to use the uplay to do it, instead of it juse being done in the game. LIKE ANY OTHER GAME.

CommanderFlynn1
01-29-2017, 05:05 PM
after I have been playing more, the game just seems unbalaced. The controls areant that great. And dosent react the time. Im definitly not going to by this piece of ****

While yes it is the games responsible to teach you, and I admit the tutorial only teaches you the bare basics (why the advanced stuff isn't available in tutorial form I have no clue)

But at the same time, it cannot account for not having common sense. If you couldn't figure out how to leave a session then such a thing is on you and not the game in question. It's also not on the Game if you cannot explore the menus yourself. It's simple to just go to the Menu and be all "Oh look, there's a How to Fight section on the Heroes screen when I select one"
The game does not need to yell OI, PRESS THIS BUTTON HERE TO LOOK AT THE HOW TO FIGHT SECTION!
I shall agree though that the tutorial is lacking and needs a few extra things.

I'm going to assume you're simply playing this for the first time, which is understandable on why you feel it's not balanced, but unlike your derp-shooters, For Honor is a game all about knowing your opponent, their move-set and how to counter it (Not saying there are a few things that need addressing) but in the previous alpha tests, Orochi was considered so OP. Nowadays, it's not because people know how to deal with them.
As for the reaction...yeah, peer-to-peer sucks but generally, for me anyway, the game has felt great.
In the end it's all a matter of dropping time into a class, going in, losing a bunch of times and learning. Not having the game hold your hand to do something as simple as navigating menu's.

Ibervang
01-29-2017, 10:14 PM
im not the only 1 that couldnt find it.

And there are something seriously wrong. I can't chase a single hero down. I tried being a raider with sprint boost. I have played a bersker, nothing. Yet every other single ****ing hero, can run away from me. Also ******ed that you can get matched up vs 1 with high level hero and gear, and your hero is level 1, with 0 level gear. The controls are horrible designed. I try to avoid, nothing ****ing happens,And i do as the ****ty tutorial says. Maybe its because i play on a pc. But that is still poor game designing. Yet i see people just ignoring everything and running on, iven though they are in the midst of the minion fight. Yet if i try that, i get stunlocked, and die. I wont be spending money on this poorly designed game. Im not even sure ill stick through the beta, due to how poorly it is

RatedChaotic
01-29-2017, 10:29 PM
^ Bots being auto leveled is the issue I think. They should have it where we can adjust the difficulty and still recieve xp and loot.

CommanderFlynn1
01-29-2017, 11:04 PM
im not the only 1 that couldnt find it.
And yet your's is the only thread I can see that complains about something.

And there are something seriously wrong. I can't chase a single hero down. I tried being a raider with sprint boost. I have played a bersker
It sounds like you're not using your Hero's abilities correctly. The Beserker has a chase-down forward light or heavy that homes in quite nicely. Easily avoidable if they roll however, but it certainly catches them up. As for the Raider I can't really say. But everyone has the same run speed aside from the Assassins I believe, with the Heavies having the slowest, Sure running is a problem, but then most of the time you have options, be their feats and the like.

Also ******ed that you can get matched up vs 1 with high level hero and gear, and your hero is level 1, with 0 level gear.
Yes the system is something left to be desired, but not much we can do about that. There's little SBMM in the game so it's to be expected...

The controls are horrible designed. I try to avoid, nothing ****ing happens,
And yet there are people out there that are JUST fine with the control scheme. Yes it's difficult to pick up but it requires patience and time to understand fully. If you keep getting hit when dodging you are dodging too early or too late. It's not a simple button tap, it must be timed correctly.

Maybe its because i play on a pc. But that is still poor game designing.
Nope. I'm on PC and do just fine. I feel that this is a case of just get good. Stop DSPing and blaming the game for your shortcomings

Yet i see people just ignoring everything and running on, iven though they are in the midst of the minion fight. Yet if i try that, i get stunlocked, and die. I wont be spending money on this poorly designed game. Im not even sure ill stick through the beta, due to how poorly it is

If you're fighting slap bang in the middle of a ton of minions, that is on you. You positioned yourself poorly and thus you will get punished for it. I generally find being in the combat stance will make it difficult to get out of a minion pack, it's a case of dropping it and fleeing.

So with the greatest of Respect. Just learn the game and stop raging. You're clearly tilted. I'd wait until the Feb 14th release to try again (Not sure when the Beta ends tomorrow)

Kovy__
01-29-2017, 11:08 PM
Stop DSPing and blaming the game for your shortcomings. So with the greatest of Respect. Just learn the game and stop raging. You're clearly tilted. I'd wait until the Feb 14th release to try again (Not sure when the Beta ends tomorrow)

It's pretty pathetic to come to a forum and try to trash people about their "shortcomings" because they're criticizing an objectively flawed game. Does it make you feel cool to talk down to people because you think you're better than them in a video game? Lmao.

CommanderFlynn1
01-30-2017, 12:04 AM
It's pretty pathetic to come to a forum and try to trash people about their "shortcomings" because they're criticizing an objectively flawed game. Does it make you feel cool to talk down to people because you think you're better than them in a video game? Lmao.

Might uh, wanna fix that tag you got there pal.
And no, I'm not talking trash to anyone. Sure what I say may seem overly harsh, but It's done to help. I've not had any details from this person on why he feels that the game is poorly designed, it sounds like an excuse to me and that's how I shall call someone out. Especially when I know that the game (while not flawless) has some solid mechanics behind it.

Kovy__
01-30-2017, 12:09 AM
Might uh, wanna fix that tag you got there pal.

Thanks, didn't realize the tag was broken -- appreciate the heads up.