PDA

View Full Version : Rear Gunner position switch?

VF-3Thunderboy
06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Is it possible to switch back and forth betwixt the rear gunner/ pilot now? This would be awsome in a Dauntless, or a Torpedo plane!-NOTE: the TBD I think had 3 positions!

VF-3Thunderboy
06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Is it possible to switch back and forth betwixt the rear gunner/ pilot now? This would be awsome in a Dauntless, or a Torpedo plane!-NOTE: the TBD I think had 3 positions!

Latico
06-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Yes, TBD's were 3 seaters. They had a pilot, bombidier/radioman, and rear gunner. The Avenger also had a lower rear gun that stuck out to the rear of the bay doors that the bombidier could crawl down to.

heywooood
06-21-2004, 09:00 PM
If I understand the question thunderboy - the answer is yes - In FB you can toggle between pilot and gunner in the Stuka the Sturmo and the Bf110 by pressing the 'C' key by default...or you can map this feature to any key you prefer. It also works in the He111 but I have found it necessary to map a key to the 'return to pilot view' because pressing the 'C' key takes you through every other position in the plane - so if you need to return to the cockpit instantly, you can...I use the 'O' key for this.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/3tbm_avenger.jpg
Goin'fishin'