PDA

View Full Version : deflect mechanic

Shlitzohar
01-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Can somebody please explain the exact deflect mechanic?I have to dodge in the direction the attack is coming from, says the tooltip. So i dodge left for attack from left and vice versa for the right side. But do I dodge forward for attack coming from above?

And second, do I have to have the right stance to deflect, or can I deflect an attack from the right in left stance?

Thanks!

theevilgood
01-29-2017, 08:06 PM
On your second point, dodging in a direction as any of the assassin classes automatically changes your stance in that direction.

For the rest, the answer is yes, but the mechanic is a little wonky because they nerfed it in response to OP Orochi in the Alpha. Half the time you'll simply dodge into a blow or get hit due to lag. As of right now, there's currently very little point in deflecting and even Orochi (who the maneuver was essentially made for) don't seem to be utilizing it all that much in combat

Cast_1
01-30-2017, 01:58 PM
For the rest, the answer is yes, but the mechanic is a little wonky because they nerfed it in response to OP Orochi in the Alpha. Half the time you'll simply dodge into a blow or get hit due to lag. As of right now, there's currently very little point in deflecting and even Orochi (who the maneuver was essentially made for) don't seem to be utilizing it all that much in combat

I managed to get this down to a tee after 2 days. Played almsot exclusivly peackeeper, wich gets an unblockable, utlra fast light stab that applies bleed after the deflect, and its definetly worth it. Best counter there is to orochis, light attack, into deflect of their sidested stab, and you deny them everything.