PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled my pre-order.. .and pre-ordered gold edition ;-)

awolcz
01-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Hello there,

I have noticed multiple "cancelled my pre-order" threads so I would like to share some feelings from opposite faction :-) I just cancelled my deluxe edition pre-order at my retailer and pre-ordered gold edition instead. I absolutely love game mechanics, art of battle system etc. Game is exactly what I expected., maybe even a bit better - did not expect gear with attributes for example, so it was nice surprise. Currently lvl 20 warden.

I think that some people do not understand difference between demo and beta. This is beta version and it's primary purpose is not to demonstrate the game, but to test game technically, fix bugs, network connection etc. This is also why there is no single player campaign - it can be tested by developer internally. People crying about "cancelling preorder because I could not test the game" are just stupid. Maybe they feel hurt, because they did not receive beta invitation.

I have only few remarks to Art of battle balancing.

1) It now advantages roques (peacekeaper etc.) and aggressive gameplay. I'm more like defensive player and currently, it is practically impossible to counter guard break, because it is too fast. On PS4, when I hold right stick to change stance and block, whenever I notice that guard break begins, I have absolutely no chance to press square at right moment. Time window is currently very small, so it is impossible to react - release right stick - press square. When you play aggressively, this does not bother you, because you do light attack - light attack - light attack - light attack, so guard break is always countered by attack. But deffensive players like me has absolutely no chance. This is why I always end off the cliff. Most cliff-edge fights then change into shield break madness.

2) It is almost impossible to defend against multiple opponents. Tried almost 100x, seen people trying to do it, but after two days of intense play, I have seen only once when opponent was able to defend agains two other - in revenge mode. Otherwise, it's always without a chance. Maybe friendly fire damage could be increased, I do not know, developers should decide.

So thanks and see you on battlefield.

For Glory, For Honor!

Yatzy3D
01-28-2017, 11:41 AM
I generally try to keep a safe distance in order to not get hit by the guard break. Although I mainly play assassins, I think you can do this as other classes aswell. Also, being aggresive counters guard break as attacks are faster than it.

When it comes to getting outnumbered, distance is your friend. Try focusing one of the enemies and use all the mobility your class has to offer to get out of the way of the others. Also, your C ability (block from all directions) are really useful in these fights.

FurioSSx
01-29-2017, 05:19 PM
So you don`t mind that game does not have any ladders , and no dedicated servers so there will never be competetive gamplay ?

Dez_troi_aR
01-29-2017, 05:39 PM
concerning the guardbreak problem, i can say that distance is the solution. Gb only works when you are very close. If you go into that distance, be prepared to counter and never just "walk" close to your opponent. Its better to "enter" the gb zone with a light attack. If you want to gb, better try it after a parry or a block. If you just walk on him, you could eat a light.

I am so looking forward when we all have better understanding of the game.

Kovy__
01-29-2017, 08:51 PM
This game has tangible problems that cannot possibly be resolved in the next two weeks...

Yet so many of you are like "don't care, buying anyway," which eliminates any incentive for Ubisoft to rectify any of these issues. This is why the world keeps getting bad games.

SpazzMaticuz
01-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Thanks, thought you're next to ruin my mood and faith in humanity.