PDA

View Full Version : Retention Worries

Rump_Buffalo
01-28-2017, 08:18 AM
This is really a great game. It's a bit clunky with combo execution, and a bit unwieldy with the movement at times, but it's not too bad once you get used to it. The worst part is definitely getting used to fighting multiple people with the guard system.

My worry is this: Unless you have a MUCH better tutorial at the very least... you're going to have a lot of trouble with retention. People are simply not going to put up with how hard the game is to get even slightly okay at. There a massive learning curve, and most people are going to drop off before they understand the mechanics of the game. For a MP game, this is death. You need it to be easy to learn, hard to master and this game simply isn't that. I'm hopeful that it will succeed, but I doubt it will on those grounds alone if something isn't done soon.

RatedChaotic
01-28-2017, 08:24 AM
There is also a story mode that we dont have access to..FYI

Rump_Buffalo
01-28-2017, 08:42 AM
The single player should not be a "training mode" and you know that most people are definitely not going to treat it as one. There are going to be many players who never touch the SP.

RatedChaotic
01-28-2017, 08:59 AM
Ya! Who would want that stuff for completing it. <sarcasm> The game isnt has hard as your making it out to be....My son picked it right up after school and was doing combos blocking and parrying. All he did was look at the move sets before the match. I did all the tutorials when he was at school. Your exaggerating a bit.