PDA

View Full Version : Stupid map and plane question.

Triscadec
01-30-2004, 08:29 AM
I've only been playing FB for about 2 months now(was a dedicated CFS2 flyer, and still can't get enough of MSFS 2004). I have the original game patched to version 1.22.

My question is this. I've seen people flying over a pacific themed map in zekes (I think...) and other Japanese aircraft. I don't see this map as an option in the QMB. Am I missing something with my current install?

Thanks

T

Triscadec
01-30-2004, 08:29 AM
I've only been playing FB for about 2 months now(was a dedicated CFS2 flyer, and still can't get enough of MSFS 2004). I have the original game patched to version 1.22.

My question is this. I've seen people flying over a pacific themed map in zekes (I think...) and other Japanese aircraft. I don't see this map as an option in the QMB. Am I missing something with my current install?

Thanks

T

tsisqua
01-30-2004, 08:37 AM
The Pacific maps are not available in QMB. You can use the FMB, or a better, easier option is to go to Uberdemon's site and get his software. You'll get quick missions in the Pacific, and Europe with that wonderful little proggy.

http://www.uberdemon.com/

Tsisqua

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-nedChristie.jpg
Tsalagi Asgaya Galvladi

nellip
01-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Triscadec

No, your not missing anything as such. Only a limited number - 3 from memory - of maps are allowed in QMB. If you want the Pacific Island map, or any of the others, then you will have to use the FMB. Personally I found the FMB a bit daunting but try Uber Daemons utility - it gives a very user friendly front end to the FMB and allows access to all the maps.

Friendly_flyer
01-30-2004, 08:43 AM
It's not a stupid question, mate. I used to wonder where I could find it myself.

The thing is that most maps are only available through the full mission builder. Not only are there a few islands maps, but also a two maps of the Ardennes and a very entertaining mountainous map. The FMB is a bit diffcult to get into, but there's a very good "idiots guide" available at Mudmovers, and a mission builders forum here at ubbxforums.

Fly friendly!

Petter Bøckman
Norway

Triscadec
01-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the very helpful replies! I will check out these sites this evening.

Thanks again.

T

etmydst
01-30-2004, 09:35 AM
yes im with you about msfs 2004/2002 those games are the bomb!(not as good as il2 of corse)