PDA

View Full Version : What's with this false honor crap?

Eirmund
01-28-2017, 04:34 AM
So we’ve had discussions on this forum and other places whether or not players should be “Honorable”. Which means essentially you fight 1v1 without knocking each other out of the ring. This type of play is primarily observed during Brawl because Dominion is WAY too chaotic to even attempt this.

My issue, and what I find infinitely more annoying than a dirty fighter, is a concept I’m calling, “False Honor.” Someone with False Honor is a player who respects the letter of Honor, but not the spirit. This player’s will stand by and watch you fight 1v1 with their ally, but they’ll do one of three things:

-Attack you during an Execution.
-Attack you during your attack animation, even though you have not performed an Execution.
-Attack before you can even turn around and lock onto them.

My quick opinion on letting an opponent perform an Execution: I say you abso-friggin-lutely should allow them to. If you defeat their partner, you get an uninterrupted Execution yourself. It’s hardly fair to interrupt their hard fought Execution and Heal.

Back on topic, my question is why? Why play with this fake sense of honor? If you’re gonna play dirty, do it so that I know the next time I see you winning against my ally I know I smash you from behind and toss your butt into the pit. If you’re gonna play with Honor, do it so that I know I should let you finish the fight with my ally. Do these people do it because they’re afraid of being judge by the community, so they pretend to play fair?

DBLxxShotz
01-28-2017, 04:40 AM
So we’ve had discussions on this forum and other places whether or not players should be “Honorable”. Which means essentially you fight 1v1 without knocking each other out of the ring. This type of play is primarily observed during Brawl because Dominion is WAY too chaotic to even attempt this.

My issue, and what I find infinitely more annoying than a dirty fighter, is a concept I’m calling, “False Honor.” Someone with False Honor is a player who respects the letter of Honor, but not the spirit. This player’s will stand by and watch you fight 1v1 with their ally, but they’ll do one of three things:

-Attack you during an Execution.
-Attack you during your attack animation, even though you have not performed an Execution.
-Attack before you can even turn around and lock onto them.

My quick opinion on letting an opponent perform an Execution: I say you abso-friggin-lutely should allow them to. If you defeat their partner, you get an uninterrupted Execution yourself. It’s hardly fair to interrupt their hard fought Execution and Heal.

Back on topic, my question is why? Why play with this fake sense of honor? If you’re gonna play dirty, do it so that I know the next time I see you winning against my ally I know I smash you from behind and toss your butt into the pit. If you’re gonna play with Honor, do it so that I know I should let you finish the fight with my ally. Do these people do it because they’re afraid of being judge by the community, so they pretend to play fair?

I see what youre saying but i disagree about executions. It is simply not smart to execute a guy with his partner standing there for that reason. You cant trust someone to not try to take advantage of the free hit opportunity. On a side note i found my self in a two on one against a Kensei and Peacekeeper. I was actually able to fight them both off for a while before finally going down. I was blocking and turning and switching locks and it looked absolutely awesome! I believe that once people get skilled enough 2 v 1s wont seem like a big deal.

Eirmund
01-28-2017, 04:53 AM
Well, obviously not. In the same vein you should also just help your partner kill the remaining guy so he doesn't have a chance to beat you both.

I'm just saying for those that choose to play Honorably and wait for those 1v1s to finish, why wouldn't you just wait for them to be ready to fight you one on one? If you waited, why be dirty now? Just doesn't make sense to me.