PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch Lineage before AC2 first time?

LinusPx2000
01-28-2017, 01:42 AM
So a friend of mine is about to get a PS4 and play The Ezio Collection. This is his first AC game. Do you think he should watch AC Lineage before playing AC2 for the first time? I'm thinking about some very minor spoilers that you learn quite early on such as [Giovanni Auditore being an assassin.](#s) Is it better to just let him experience the reveal in AC2? I remember I didn't watch lineage the first time I played AC2 but I would love your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Locopells
01-28-2017, 02:00 AM
It rests on whether they know anything of the game and how mad they would be, to find out. It does give minor spoilers, but it does also explain the broken blade and the references in GA's letter to his failure to prevent the assassination of the Duke of Milan.

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

darthmarticus
01-29-2017, 12:42 PM
Definitely, it was designed to be watched before AC2. I don't understand why everyone doesn't watch it every time they play the game. Only problem is that the version on the Ezio Collection is really poor quality and has rubbish media controls. Watch it on youtube is possible.

Has your friend not played AC 1 then? I recommend that first to get a grasp of the franchise and the modern day story.

LoyalACFan
01-29-2017, 07:33 PM
Definitely, it was designed to be watched before AC2. I don't understand why everyone doesn't watch it every time they play the game. Only problem is that the version on the Ezio Collection is really poor quality and has rubbish media controls. Watch it on youtube is possible.

Has your friend not played AC 1 then? I recommend that first to get a grasp of the franchise and the modern day story.

Yeah, that's one thing that really does suck about the Ezio Collection, you can't even pause or rewind the short films. I watched most of Embers, got up for a drink, and realized that by pressing the X button, I closed the movie, and there was no way to get my place back.

But yeah, your friend might as well watch Lineage. It's a pretty good short feature, and while it's by no means crucial to understanding AC2, it does fill in some blanks and flesh out Giovanni a little more as an Assassin in his own right. Plus, it's only like half an hour, so it's not like it's a huge commitment.

Helforsite
01-29-2017, 08:45 PM
I would definitely not watch Lineage before AC2, because I think it really takes away from Ezios journey of discovering why all this is happening and how it is all connected, so if your friend has no idea about the story of AC2, I think it will be a better experience to watch Lineage after playing AC2 and not before!

ERICATHERINE
01-29-2017, 10:54 PM
It rests on whether they know anything of the game and how mad they would be, to find out. It does give minor spoilers, but it does also explain the broken blade and the references in GA's letter to his failure to prevent the assassination of the Duke of Milan.

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

It also show us what Giovannie did to get arrested. ^-^

MrHandsss
01-31-2017, 05:29 AM
yes, but i'd tell him to NOT watch the version of it or Embers that comes with the collection (run it for uplay points, but that's it)

watch these things on youtube. on the collection, they have like 10fps which makes it too annoying to seriously watch them.

WendysBrioche
02-17-2017, 03:40 AM
Yes. Yes.

bottled_dream
03-20-2017, 06:12 PM
If anyone knows how to watch Lineage and Embers for Uplay points, I'd love to find out how, so I can do it :p

LoyalACFan
03-21-2017, 07:47 AM
If anyone knows how to watch Lineage and Embers for Uplay points, I'd love to find out how, so I can do it :p

In the Ezio Collection, on the title screen where you choose which game you want to play, Lineage and Embers are on the far left and right, respectively. Just play them and let them run all the way through, and you get like 10 Uplay points each, I think.

Also noteworthy; I did encounter a glitch where both short films were inaccessible to me at first, with a notification saying that they would be available after fully installing, but the installation meter was stuck at zero. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, but both were randomly fixed the next time I went to the menu after playing AC2 for a bit.

joelsantos24
03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
So a friend of mine is about to get a PS4 and play The Ezio Collection. This is his first AC game. Do you think he should watch AC Lineage before playing AC2 for the first time? I'm thinking about some very minor spoilers that you learn quite early on such as [Giovanni Auditore being an assassin.](#s) Is it better to just let him experience the reveal in AC2? I remember I didn't watch lineage the first time I played AC2 but I would love your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Definitely, yes. Lineage is a prequel to AC2, so there're no spoilers. You learn what you learn, at the correct moment.