PDA

View Full Version : Needs another year

Poundface
01-28-2017, 12:56 AM
So, what I've noticed with the publisher Ubisoft is this; They make games look great. Their art direction is top, top notch. Most of the reason I get interest in their games is from the looks. However, it ends there. This game so far is pretty bad. The combat (which is more clunky than innovative) is too slow. Seems like I push the button to attack it takes a while for the motion to go through. Blocking an attack isn't rewarding and avoiding an attack has me in a disadvantaged position. Parrying, however, does work and is effective. For a game centered on 1v1 fighting, there are some shallow move lists. I'm not asking for stupid long combo's, but if you have 3 areas for attacks to to come from (and blocks as well) there should be multi-directional attack combo's. I wrote in the suggestions, there needs more depth to the combat. Also, in regards to friendly fire, there shouldn't be any. If some moron comes flailing about, all hits on teammates should go to the offender. Maybe quarter or half damage but the teammates shouldn't suffer from some fringe. Dedicated servers should happen with every game, it shouldn't even be a thought.

The faction wars don't seem to add anything as well. I don't understand what I'm doing as a Viking playing with Knights and Samurai? I don't quite understand how me playing dominion adds or takes away from the territories? And, when I add an attack or defend to a territory, what is it doing to the game? This game in it's entirety seems already done. Where are the innovative game modes that go along with your "innovative" combat?

I will make one claim to defend this game; If you are complaining about getting ganked (3-4v1) what would you like to happen? You are out numbered? If you can't run then die and respawn. There's a mini map there to aid you in avoiding those situations, use it. I read this a lot about people who lose and immediately they say "the game is broken, its not fair!" The game isn't "I win" all the time. If you get owned, move on and don't get in that situation again. Want to know how to stop a gank squad? Be in a squad.

SaltRock1985
01-28-2017, 12:58 AM
sadly they only have weeks

Poundface
01-28-2017, 01:00 AM
sadly they only have weeks

It's Too bad because it looks cool. And I just mean "looks".

Quadh
01-28-2017, 01:14 AM
i agree 100%. All of ubisoft game look great. animation, cinematic, graphics are really up there. For Honor is a great game, but it needs alot of work.

DBLxxShotz
01-28-2017, 04:49 AM
So, what I've noticed with the publisher Ubisoft is this; They make games look great. Their art direction is top, top notch. Most of the reason I get interest in their games is from the looks. However, it ends there. This game so far is pretty bad. The combat (which is more clunky than innovative) is too slow. Seems like I push the button to attack it takes a while for the motion to go through. Blocking an attack isn't rewarding and avoiding an attack has me in a disadvantaged position. Parrying, however, does work and is effective. For a game centered on 1v1 fighting, there are some shallow move lists. I'm not asking for stupid long combo's, but if you have 3 areas for attacks to to come from (and blocks as well) there should be multi-directional attack combo's. I wrote in the suggestions, there needs more depth to the combat. Also, in regards to friendly fire, there shouldn't be any. If some moron comes flailing about, all hits on teammates should go to the offender. Maybe quarter or half damage but the teammates shouldn't suffer from some fringe. Dedicated servers should happen with every game, it shouldn't even be a thought.

The faction wars don't seem to add anything as well. I don't understand what I'm doing as a Viking playing with Knights and Samurai? I don't quite understand how me playing dominion adds or takes away from the territories? And, when I add an attack or defend to a territory, what is it doing to the game? This game in it's entirety seems already done. Where are the innovative game modes that go along with your "innovative" combat?

I will make one claim to defend this game; If you are complaining about getting ganked (3-4v1) what would you like to happen? You are out numbered? If you can't run then die and respawn. There's a mini map there to aid you in avoiding those situations, use it. I read this a lot about people who lose and immediately they say "the game is broken, its not fair!" The game isn't "I win" all the time. If you get owned, move on and don't get in that situation again. Want to know how to stop a gank squad? Be in a squad.

Sounds to me like you want the game to play a certain way which is giving you a bad experience instead of playing the game the way its meant to be played. When i first started playing the game felt sluggish and clunky asf! But once i understood the warriors moves it all began to get very fluid and natural. I dont mind p2p connection because ive dealt with that for years with the ufc and fight night games. If you have a good connection it rarely becomes an issue. I also play on ps4 not on pc which seems to be where the majority of the complaints are coming from. Ive had no lag issues and havent noticed many connection issues. Try to play with one warrior and really learn him in 1v1 vs bots. I did that for hours before stepping in against pvp. Good luck