PDA

View Full Version : how to aim the me 110 37mm gun

stugumby
04-27-2004, 09:59 AM
greetings, having a hard time controlling hits with the 37mm gun pod in a me 110, tried using the f1 reticle but it hits way below it, is this a ground attack only version as it seems to point downwards a bit? Managed to shoot down some tb 1 but ran out of ammo way too soon cause i couldnt get the angle right.

stugumby
04-27-2004, 09:59 AM
greetings, having a hard time controlling hits with the 37mm gun pod in a me 110, tried using the f1 reticle but it hits way below it, is this a ground attack only version as it seems to point downwards a bit? Managed to shoot down some tb 1 but ran out of ammo way too soon cause i couldnt get the angle right.

Dmitri9mm
04-27-2004, 10:04 AM
This has been posted a few times before.
Remember that the 37mm gun is for ground strafing only. To avoid the nasty low altitude nose down attitude needed for strafing, the 37mm points slightly downwards, and thus it doesn't shoot where your recticle is pointing.
Try aiming with the bottom of the recticle, or in other words aim above your taget, it takes some practise to find the right spot, but when you do I garantee that ground strafing will be easier than ever before. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://www.afilm.dk/main/3D/images/terkel/terkel_still_04.jpg
"I g¥r aftes m¸dte jeg en dreng der stod og gr¦d/ han kunne ikke finde hjem, og han var m¸rker¦d/ kn¦gten sagde: "K¦re Stewart, kan du hj¦lpe mig?"/ Jeg trak min kniv og r¥bte: B˜H! og pludselig fandt han vej!"
First Danish 100% computer-animated movie: "Terkel i knibe"

purzel08
04-27-2004, 11:59 AM
I read somewhere in the ubi forums that the 37mm problem in the me110 will be fixed next patch.

greetings...

stugumby
04-27-2004, 01:49 PM
thanks i must have missed it. i have been experimenting with it and have gotten better especially when doing an arfield but a manuvering b-17 is still tricky, especially when dodging those .50 cal tracers zipping by my head. Whats the best overall weapons configuration, i love the 30mm cannon but the weight makes me feel less manuverable but the hitting power is awesome indeed.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I fire for effect and compensate as possible. That's all I can say.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

Blottogg
04-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Oleg mentioned in a thread in his Ready Room that blueprints his team used to point the gun in the game didn't match aiming instructions from a German manual the team had. I think his conclusion was that the gun was currently pointed incorrectly too low in the game, and would be realigned so that it would be aimed through the gunsight, like the other guns.

For now, a technique mentioned was to use the bottom of the outer ring as an aimpoint, though I haven't had much luck with that.

Blotto

"Speed is life." - Anon
"Sight is life. Speed is merely groovy." - "Junior"