PDA

View Full Version : Worst Beta i ever played - see below

Kardjz
01-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Hello everybody,

the MAIN Issue is the p2p Server connection. Someone leaves - ur Game struggling like Godzilla walks into New York. Come on its 2017 and this is it? I know its not final but by gods sake - this is terrible as ****.

Matchmaking: U get in Matches with Glory 1 or 2 and they destroy u instandly - rly fun

Partyplay: U dealing with the upper MAIN Problem and u get kicket from the Game... ok but then ur Friend cant see u anymore in his Flist. WHAT THE HELL?!
Then u have to Restart Uplay and the Game - its fun to see the Intro 20 Times a Day - hurray

Balance: The Shield Charakters ar so damn Overpowered - Grab - Shieldcharge all over the Place and they lose no Stammina for Blocking ? Rly? Dump as **** this Feature

Get it on Ubisoft - Its a Good Game with issues from 2009 - hell yeah u see so much Refunds when u dont fix this.

Kovy__
01-27-2017, 10:17 PM
the MAIN Issue is the p2p Server connection. Someone leaves - ur Game struggling like Godzilla walks into New York. Come on its 2017 and this is it? I know its not final but by gods sake - this is terrible as ****.

This is really the only part of your post that I could understand... but I agree with it.

We saw the same thing with Rainbow Six Siege and Ubisoft never solved the problem. I have no hope that they'll solve it for this game either.

Reinborn
01-27-2017, 10:21 PM
I can relate to those connection-related issues. My friend that has strict NAT cannot group up with me and lately I wasn't receiving rewards immediately after the game because of loss of connection to servers. On several occasions, I (and perhaps the rest of us in the lobby) was stuck in a loading screen for around an eternity... or two.

Connection is the major flaw I'm seeing so far.

FR4NCO
01-27-2017, 10:35 PM
%100 right....this P2P connection BS is a joke. love the game but am always getting connection issues and lag when someone leaves. also i hate bots in games, super lame. and this game is full of them from people leaving matches.

Eirmund
01-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Hello everybody,

Matchmaking: U get in Matches with Glory 1 or 2 and they destroy u instandly - rly fun

Partyplay: U dealing with the upper MAIN Problem and u get kicket from the Game... ok but then ur Friend cant see u anymore in his Flist. WHAT THE HELL?!
Then u have to Restart Uplay and the Game - its fun to see the Intro 20 Times a Day - hurray

Balance: The Shield Charakters ar so damn Overpowered - Grab - Shieldcharge all over the Place and they lose no Stammina for Blocking ? Rly? Dump as **** this Feature

Get it on Ubisoft - Its a Good Game with issues from 2009 - hell yeah u see so much Refunds when u dont fix this.

-I understand the issues with P2P, but doesn't your own internet connection play a part? I have a Moderate NAT type and I've only experience a couple moments where this has happened. After a brief connection resynch, the game continues as the it never happened.

-Hold up...so someone plays the hell out of their character, gets skilled and earns their glory, but it's UNFAIR that they destroyed you? Seriously? Listen to yourself.

-Again, isn't this partly due to your own connection?

-Grab doesn't exist. You mean Guardbreak? Yes, the shield charge is damn annoying when the tackle you from outside your view, but have you played one in a duel? Beating a shield character is no harder than beating an Assassin. It's called "Play Strategic" "Think tactically". This isn't a hack and slash.

PaUZZze
01-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Yeah agreed. The connections not very good unfortunately. But the shield guys you gotta grab those sons of poop heads and throw em around lol. But no bread there guard, and you got em :)

BZYankeeWhite
01-27-2017, 11:02 PM
-Grab doesn't exist. You mean Guardbreak? Yes, the shield charge is damn annoying when the tackle you from outside your view, but have you played one in a duel? Beating a shield character is no harder than beating an Assassin. It's called "Play Strategic" "Think tactically". This isn't a hack and slash.

You seem like an intelligent, sober forum member (I agree with your response & attitude.) At the risk of hijacking the thread, where are you getting your strategies? The FAQ's are basically about how to log on as opposed to gameplay. Is there a game guide somewhere online? Thanks.

Eirmund
01-27-2017, 11:19 PM
You seem like an intelligent, sober forum member (I agree with your response & attitude.) At the risk of hijacking the thread, where are you getting your strategies? The FAQ's are basically about how to log on as opposed to gameplay. Is there a game guide somewhere online? Thanks.

Sober? I hope so, if I wasn't, i'd hate to see me drunk. xD

*ahem* Experience, personally. But if you go to the Combat and Strategy section of the forums, you can find several informative guides on a variety of characters, including a feint guide. Probably one of the best things you can do for yourself is actually play the character you're struggling to beat. This will give you more intimate knowledge into their movesets and how they operate, making it easier to formulate counter strategies.

For example: The Warlord is a beast of a tank and can push you around. But he has the disadvantage of range. His light attack are very short and while is heavy attacks have longer reach and hyper armor on the end of the animation, it's also a heavy and a bit slower than say the Orochi or Peacekeeper's light attacks. Best way to deal with him is to utilize superior speed and range. Just watch out for his Jump combo. It can easily close the distance, has hyper armor and can combo into an unblockable. Messes people up alot. I haven't fought against alot of Warlords so I haven't developed a tried method to counter it.

ashvau
01-27-2017, 11:19 PM
The only block shield characters have that is different from all the other classes, absolutely uses stamina, and fast. Every character can block in a specific direction, the shield characters- have an ability that gives them defense at 360 degrees, but rapidly uses their stamina.
If you want to talk about classes being op, look no further than the samurai faction, they are fast, and agile, some have long range, and they do as much damage as every other class. With how fast they are and the fact that their range is extreme, they should dish out less damage than the other classes which are much slower....

As for the connectivity issues, the crashing, the joining game modes etc.... I agree 100%....

Eirmund
01-27-2017, 11:37 PM
The only block shield characters have that is different from all the other classes, absolutely uses stamina, and fast. Every character can block in a specific direction, the shield characters- have an ability that gives them defense at 360 degrees, but rapidly uses their stamina.
If you want to talk about classes being op, look no further than the samurai faction, they are fast, and agile, some have long range, and they do as much damage as every other class. With how fast they are and the fact that their range is extreme, they should dish out less damage than the other classes which are much slower....

As for the connectivity issues, the crashing, the joining game modes etc.... I agree 100%....

The Kensei has long reach, but has less health then other vanguards and his light attack is actually slow compared to the Assassin classes. Not only that but he relies heavily on his slower, heavy hits to dish out tons of damage. If the Kensei is keeping you at range and beating you, it's because he's playing his character correctly.

Sorry, but the Berserker is a deadlier assassin than Orochi, imo. They can close a distance with super armor, their heavy attacks are almost as fast as light attacks and one full chain can very nearly kill a person. If Orochi is OP then Berserker must be downright Godly.

The Nobushi...heh, I do think the Nobushi is borderline OP because she has superior range and damage output. She's EXTREMELY hard to approach because she can poke you, which does pathetic damage, but guarantees you lose at least one segment of health. Even worse when you're at your last one. At least on other characters, getting hit once doesn't mean you die.

MagnumKing
01-28-2017, 01:02 AM
Coming from a guy who mains the Orochi, I can tell you for a fact that it is a lot harder to deflect. Orochi takes a hell of a response time.
From what I know, they nerfed the damage because people were complaining about it.
Either way, Ive been maining Orochi this beta, just to see how it is like, and DAMN it is strong in the right hands.

TBH, I think its on the playstyle of the player. As a Conq, there is no way you can hack and slash.
You need to take things slow because... again... your a tank.

IMO, the only class I have problems facing as an Orochi, is the PeaceKeeper, and the Nobushi.
PeaceKeeper has a slightly faster attack speed then the Orochi, this makes their light attack FASTER then my guard break... yeah...
Nobushi? You can bet getting poked 5 times will roughly kill you if you arnt careful.

IMO, Samurai are suppose to be agile because of their lack of health. They also dont dish as much damage as the other factions.

Eirmund
01-28-2017, 04:24 AM
Coming from a guy who mains the Orochi, I can tell you for a fact that it is a lot harder to deflect. Orochi takes a hell of a response time.
From what I know, they nerfed the damage because people were complaining about it.
Either way, Ive been maining Orochi this beta, just to see how it is like, and DAMN it is strong in the right hands.

TBH, I think its on the playstyle of the player. As a Conq, there is no way you can hack and slash.
You need to take things slow because... again... your a tank.

IMO, the only class I have problems facing as an Orochi, is the PeaceKeeper, and the Nobushi.
PeaceKeeper has a slightly faster attack speed then the Orochi, this makes their light attack FASTER then my guard break... yeah...
Nobushi? You can bet getting poked 5 times will roughly kill you if you arnt careful.

IMO, Samurai are suppose to be agile because of their lack of health. They also dont dish as much damage as the other factions.

I have your answer against the Peacekeeper!!

Stop using guardbreaks when she tries to attack. Seriously. It's not that she's faster, it's that Guardbreaks are completely negated if used when someone launches an attack.

BZYankeeWhite
01-28-2017, 06:02 AM
@Eirmund
Thank you.

Eirmund
01-28-2017, 07:25 AM
@Eirmund
Thank you.

NP, hope it helps your game!

ktf925
01-29-2017, 01:32 AM
Of all the classes currently present in the game, the nobushi has:
-the best range
-the best attack speed
Combine that with the fact that she has enough mobility to go up with orochis or peacekeepers and berserkers
the fact that she has bleeding, which is easy to apply and keep applying - makes hear easily the strongest class in the beta.
If you try to get close, she keeps stabbing and keeps you at bay.
If you try to overwhelm her with attacs she has counters.
If you try to get close to guard-break her, she guard breaks way before you and then does an attack that is very likely to hit.
If you even try to get close enough so that your attacks even connect (let alone go through) you've entered her range a long while ago
If you try to block every single attack of hers to try to tire her out she's away from you so she can recover pretty easily.
Not me or any of my friends have managed to think of a way to counter her in any way, other than play nobushi ourselves. And to be a decent Nobushi all you gotta to is keep your distance(which again is easy because of the good mobility and huge range) and keep stabbing.

Having also played 5 or 6 matches with her, I'd say it really doesn't seem to be difficult to just to be half decent, I absolutely decimated most classes in dominion matches by just stabbing and keeping distance.
I've played against the nobushi in duels a couple times so far, and i tried all of the things that i listed in the second paragraph. The most success i had was by trying to get up in her face and try to take away her initative with combo attacks, but i take way to much damage by the time i get close enough to her, and I usually get finished off with her guard breaking before and pushing me back in her optimal range.

My suggestion for nerfing her would be to take way her bleeding effect, and lower her damage a bit .
To me that would sound like she would be a lot better balanced, she will still be able to chip away at enemies' health and have some tricks to try and get people away from her face.

KisskerVenwrath
01-29-2017, 03:30 AM
They claim to have an architecture that will prevent Peer to Peer problems like lag - but we don't see it in Beta that's for damn sure. When it's this easy to exploit you can't expect "final release" game to go without the problems.

Eirmund
01-29-2017, 04:29 AM
-the best range
-the best attack speed
Combine that with the fact that she has enough mobility to go up with orochis or peacekeepers and berserkers
the fact that she has bleeding, which is easy to apply and keep applying - makes hear easily the strongest class in the beta.
If you try to get close to guard-break her, she guard breaks way before you and then does an attack that is very likely to hit.
If you even try to get close enough so that your attacks even connect (let alone go through) you've entered her range a long while ago
If you try to block every single attack of hers to try to tire her out she's away from you so she can recover pretty easily.
Not me or any of my friends have managed to think of a way to counter her in any way, other than play nobushi ourselves. And to be a decent Nobushi all you gotta to is keep your distance(which again is easy because of the good mobility and huge range) and keep stabbing.

Having also played 5 or 6 matches with her, I'd say it really doesn't seem to be difficult to just to be half decent, I absolutely decimated most classes in dominion matches by just stabbing and keeping distance.
I've played against the nobushi in duels a couple times so far, and i tried all of the things that i listed in the second paragraph. The most success i had was by trying to get up in her face and try to take away her initative with combo attacks, but i take way to much damage by the time i get close enough to her, and I usually get finished off with her guard breaking before and pushing me back in her optimal range.

My suggestion for nerfing her would be to take way her bleeding effect, and lower her damage a bit .
To me that would sound like she would be a lot better balanced, she will still be able to chip away at enemies' health and have some tricks to try and get people away from her face.

I actually feel like the Peacekeeper's light attack is faster. Not that it matters because that range.

But on the rest of it, I agree wholeheartedly. Nobushi has way to much going for her.

-Her light attack shouldn't be so fast, like the Kensei it should be slow enough that if someone gets in close and light attacks, she won't be able to pull hers off as effectively. Because she has range, she should be forced to keep enemies at bay, like the Kensei, not be able to get up into someone's face. And then the Bleed attacks...it's like someone at Ubisoft said, "Let's just dump as many bleed moves on her as we can, yeah, that's a great idea." Except it's a terrible idea. Peacekeeper, the only other Bleeder has only a few Bleed moves and even her most used bleed, the grab and stab, is at least unsafe because any attack will overwrite a guardbreak. She definitely needs a nerf, either like the above poster said, remove bleed and lower her damage so that she's more like a Harasser or decrease the speed of her light attack comparable to the Kensei's and remove a number of her bleed moves. Most the dashing ones. The one on her combo and her retreating one wouldn't be so bad to keep. At least her combo requires her to actually get a full combo off and the retreating one falls in line with her playstyle.

I also feel that something should be down with the Warlord's and Conquerer's 360 block. It seems like it's main application is in Xv1 situations where you can be a veritable iron wall. The problem is that in 1v1 situations, this move because almost OP because you can instantly block any attack then go on the offense, thus forcing your opponent into a more defensive stance and allowing you to retreat to regain stamina to do it again. I propose making it so that there's a little bit of an activation timer. This shouldn't activate instantly.

Finally I do think the Raider's Unblockable needs a slight nerf. As it is it's an Unblockable that can be activated anytime, can connect on someone who is knocked down ( This means that the Raider can spam tackle and Unblockable for massive damage ) and it's very hard to evade because the timing is so tight that trying to evade anywhere but backwards will most likely see you struck. That being said, the range is enough that even when dodging back i've still been hit with it. At least the Warlord's, Conquerer's and Nobushi's Unblockables are guardbreaks and don't do a ton of damage, and even the Kensei's requires two button presses before it can be pulled off and even if he does it is easily evaded by moving left or right. If feel like the fact that the Raider's is instant gives it enough of an advantage that it shouldn't be too much to ask it to be easier to dodge.

RatedChaotic
01-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Then every character should lose stam when blocking. Not just the shield users....Sounds like an ESO rant. Tho i would just stand on B then and use my health and stam on kill passives on the peons to keep my stam up.

RatedChaotic
01-29-2017, 06:51 PM
-the best range
-the best attack speed

I charge up my heavy with my conq parry any attack it throws at me to stagger it. Then release my heavy. Been owning every battle against that class. Best class in the game...far from it. If she tries to keep her distance so be it. I just stare at her forcing her to enter my attack bubble. Heal on block passive keeps the bleed at bay.

You claiming her to be the best in the game when you only played her a few times is hilarious.

Luminis88
01-29-2017, 07:20 PM
To address the points in order:

1. I know this is a huge issue for many people and I, too, was very weary of the whole P2P thing before getting beta access. Reddit in particular was filled to the brim with posts claiming that it makes the game utterly unplayable. Having experience the game myself, I feel like the issue gets exaggerated a lot. Let me say that I'm by no means against dedicated servers nor am I trying to shoot anyone down who's asking for them. Let me also say that, personally, I'm not very concerned with the performance in 4v4 dominion games - they're the ones that get influenced by gear and can quickly result in fights ending in lopsided stomps whenever someone gets outnumbered. In 1v1, the mode I, personally, care about the most, the system has been working very well for me. I don't think I'd be able to tell who's hosting most of the time, for example, nor have I experienced things like rubberbanding, teleporting, delayed hit confirmations or things of that nature.

Just to stress this point: I fully understand and acknowledge that the P2P networking is a big issue for anyone who's mostly into the game modes with more participants. My personal experience has been a rather good one and I can't help but feel that the P2P system is, at this point, getting a lot of undue criticism on top of the reasonable and deserved criticism. I guess my point is, I can't really agree with the beta being horrible if my preferred mode has been providing me with a better experience than some full games. I'd personally like to see dedicated servers implemented for the larger game modes - I mean, it's a bit of a compromise. The modes that suffer most from P2P can run on the dedicated servers and Ubisoft can probably get away with a lot less of 'em than if they decided to go dedicated for everything. And this'll also leave the P2P in for those of us for whom it's providing a good experience.

2. From personal experience, I do not think that a person's level is anything to judge their overall performance by and I, thus, do not think it should be considered in the matchmaking process. One can farm significant amounts of XP in Dominion games, for example, achieve a relatively high level on a given character and still be at best mediocre in 1v1 duels. As it stands, it's more of a measurement of time spent playing a given class than anything - and I guess we all know that that doesn't necessarily make someone a good player.

3. Can't comment on that - I didn't play in a party in the beta, but the game only crashed for me once over the course of the weekend, so I don't know how it would've panned out.

4. I think I've seen very single class called out as being OP and an insurmountable challenge (while facerolling is obviously sufficient to play said class to victory) and I do believe that a lot of this is due to how little time most of us have spent with the game. Some classes seemed stronger than other to me, too, but after learning their ins and outs, I am inclined to believe that the balance, while not perfect, isn't as bad as some would have you believe. As for the shield characters in particular, I'd think of the Conqueror as one of the weaker classes, actually - if not by a huge margin, mind you. The Warlord is, indeed, a tough nut to crack but beatable none the less. I've won and lost with both classes and against both classes and I'm not particularly afraid to go up against either. There's definitely another class or two that puts me more on edge.

Long story short, I don't think that Ubisoft is doing that bad with the game. Again, yes, dedicated servers for the larger game modes would definitely help. I do have some trouble believing the overbearing majority of players knows or notices about the intricacies of P2P vs. dedicated servers - and the remaining points sound like complaints I've seen in most competitive games I've played, so far. Especially the bit about balance. That's mostly the case when people prefer to ask for nerfs than try to overcome their own... inadequacies.

Huh. Never thought I'd take up the cudgels for Ubisoft, of all things.

This turned out a bit longer than expected - sorry for the rant (and any mistakes, English isn't my native language).