PDA

View Full Version : Feedback /suggestions

x2-darren
01-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Hey ubi, I hope you are listening. Here are some my suggestions for any assassin creed games.

1. Climbing should be consistent. The inconsistent climbing started back in Assassin's Creed 3 I believe. Where the character would sometimes not be able to jump and grab onto a specific ledge and other times he would be able to grab onto that same ledge. The player should have full control on where the character can climb. There was this time, where I want the character to grab the ledge right next to him instead he jumps and grab the ledge that was further away and it ruin my stealth run .

2. Assassin's Creed should be a first and foremost a stealth game more than an action game. However, I would like you guys to use more of the social stealth mechanics of the game like blending in with the crowd. Sure crouching and sneaking around is important for every stealth game but every stealth game has that and it doesn't make Assassin's Creed if that is the core stealth mechanics.

3. The blackbox missions form Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate was a good idea and I hope it remains with series but despite there being more options for the players, it still felt limited. I would like it to have more options for infiltration and blending, more than one unique kill option and etc. Also could you not put markers over the options provided, it would be more satisfying if the player discover the options themselves.

4. I really like the customization that Assassin's Creed Unity had and I felt that the customization in Assassin's Creed Syndicate was disappointing. I would like that same customization from Assassin's Creed Unity to return and expanded upon (maybe you can make each customization option to have their stats and traits. The player should feel those stats and traits too because in AC Unity, those customization options have their own stats and traits but I never really feel any different. But don't make the customization options too powerful to the point the player become near impossible to fail).

5. AI should be smarter. The AI in Assassin's Creed has always been dumb. They would be hardly a challenge in combat, they fall for the same tricks everytime (I would whistle to a grab a guard attention and then take him out and then I would still be able to whistle again to grab another guard attention despite knowing his friend has not return when he was investigating that same whistle) and they would put very little effort to search for the player after they found a dead body or loosing sight of the player and then they would return to their routine as if nothing happen. You should punish players when they make mistakes.

6. Combat should be harder and challenging. I mention earlier that Assassin's Creed should be more of stealth game rather than an action game and I believe one way you can encourage stealth is to make the combat hard and challenging but not to the point where combat is impossible to win. I feel like the combat in Assassin's Creed Unity was a step in the right direction but it needed some more improvements. The fighting animations in AC Unity wasn't cool enough and it felt kinda slow for something that should be felt exhilarating. Add in more enemy types who has different attacks and tricks that force the players to adapt to them and come up with different strategies in order to beat them so that it doesn't encourage mashing the same button(yes, there was different enemy types in previous Assassin's Creed games but the strategies used to beat them were not very different than the strategies used to beat the normal thugs, the strategies just include pushing one different button and proceed to mash the attack button again) and enemies should not patiently wait and watch as their friend is being killed in front of them.

7. Freerunning should not be interrupted by objects like boxes, chairs, tables and etc. Previous Assassin's Creed, I would not be run through chairs and tables or at the very least they would slow down the flow of running through the streets. You should put in a animation where the player would jump or push the chairs, tables or boxes away without slowing down the flow of running.

8. Freerun down should be removed. While it is nice that I can safely get down a building by holding down a button, I feel like it takes away the fear and adrenaline of running through rooftops. The player should only be able to get down quickly and smoothly by their skill. Also, in the most recent Assassin's Creed; the game would allow players to fall of the building. I don't like this as it feels like the game is holding our hands and removes the fear and adrenaline, if the player makes a mistake of jumping of the roof then let them jump of the roof.

9. Don't put markers over everything (except main story missions). It would be more satisfying for players to discover the activities and side missions themselves. Having a lot of markers on the map and be threating and discourage the player from exploring.

10. Missions cannot be repetitive (both main and side missions). Previous Assassin's Creed all had this issue. No one would like to do the same missions for 20 times. The main missions shouldn't just be breaking in to a place and do something and then get out. Putting more variety in the missions will help keep the game fresh and players willing to play it to the end.

11. The open world shouldn't just be a place to travel from point a to point b. Sure your world may look big and pretty but that is not going to encourage exploration. Try adding activities (beside the main and side missions) around the world like mini games and things for players to discover (remember to not put markers on them). Those activities should be fun too or else the players may not bother on doing them.

12. I want to see more of the lore of Assassin's Creed Universe. Recent Assassin's Creed games tell a more personal story, not that there is anything wrong with that but I would like to see and learn more about the Assassins, Templars and the First Civilization. Maybe you can delegate some of these stories into side missions.

13. I would want the modern day element to return. The modern day aspect of the Assassin's Unity and Syndicate had been very minimal. I would like to see more of the modern day story. I would like something like the Assassin's Creed 3 modern day aspect but do take care when switching between modern day and the historic time. Don't people into modern day when the story in historic time is getting good and vice versa.

14. Give us a good story and a good protanganist. I believe I heard that the new Assassin's Creed game is gonna focus less on narrative, I do not like this and I sure fans of the series would not as well.

15. I would like to see coop and multiplayer return. The coop in Assassin's Creed Unity was a great idea however the execution of it wasn't good. You need to create a mission where working together is essential. The multiplayer from the titles before Unity was good but I would like to see new modes added.

I hope you take these suggestions into consideration. I really want Assassin's Creed to succeed. I heard that there is a chance that the new Assassin's Creed made not even release this year, I have no problem with that, in fact I would even encourage it. Skipping 2017 and releasing the game 2018 would not only give you guys more time to deliver a quality Assassin's Creed game but also to help keep Assassin's Creed fresh again.